The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

Levein sacked today after defeat to bottom of the league St Johnstone.

Hibs have 1 win in 10 (and that was because of a shoot-out) so you wonder if Heckingbottom will be away if Celtic win heavily on Saturday in the semi.

Have to say I'm not thrilled at the thought of Hearts or Hibs getting relegated (if we stay down).

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

Levein sacked today after defeat to bottom of the league St Johnstone.

Hibs have 1 win in 10 (and that was because of a shoot-out) so you wonder if Heckingbottom will be away if Celtic win heavily on Saturday in the semi.

Have to say I'm not thrilled at the thought of Hearts or Hibs getting relegated (if we stay down).

Cobra, if that is the case,  they will have a  clear out that is probable bigger then most and what is left may not be as much of a challenge as you think. With the quality we have at present in comparison to last year I think we would hold our own even now.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cobra said:

I think they'll both recruit new managers very soon, and will finish well clear of the relegation/playoff places.

Levein isn't a surprise, given their collapse after a great start last season (is Naismith so crucial to his 'system?), but I am surprised by Heckinbottom's poor start....and even more surprised he's openly slaughtering the players. However, Lennon also did this, maybe they are the problem?

Pressley for Tynecastle is an interesting 'rumour', though I'd think Jack Ross will top the bookies lists. Don't think McPake will be on Hibs list, far too early.

• Like 1

On 31/10/2019 at 17:27, Cobra said:

you wonder if Heckingbottom will be away if Celtic win heavily on Saturday in the semi.

It happened! Must be the first time Hearts and Hibs have sacked managers within days of each other.