The Dark Blues
Billy Campbell's Ghost

BBC Scottish Football Webpage

Rate this topic

You would have no idea tonights game was on live on  their channel tonight looking at their webpage!

you would think they would try and promote it a bit more.

• Like 1

Fairly pathetic, isn't it....all they have on https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish is this in the top right corner.... 

image.png.01ec82ff3bd3a6a749cd7b7f1177abe1.png

Not even a "watch it on BBC Scotland from 7pm".

Do these buffoons not even want their own contracts to pay off? But, of course, there's now an Embra big story for today, and the Weegie/Embra cup semis to look forward to. What else matters? 

• Like 1

Sums up the BBC Scotland channel though. 

Would it not also make sense to show the highlights or goals of the Morton game and any other Friday Championship fixture on Sunday Sportscene along with the top league games then promote the next live game? They show no live top league games so the derby next week for example would attract a fair few Scots football fans to watch surely? Lost opportunities.

19 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

If it was on a commercial station and I was an advertiser I would be furious at the lack of promo

But it isn't on a commercial channel and the BBC don't care what advertisers paying money to DFC think.

BBC is nonsense. I'll never financially support it. Have never played in my life. 

50 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

But it isn't on a commercial channel and the BBC don't care what advertisers paying money to DFC think.

My key word was IF

50 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

There are adverts all around the ground and on players shirts. They pay for exposure.

48 minutes ago, Derry Drummer said:

BBC is nonsense. I'll never financially support it. Have never played in my life. 

Do you watch tv? if so you need a licence. Guess you may watch streaming services?

12 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Do you watch tv? if so you need a licence. Guess you may watch streaming services?

Yeah Netflix etc. You still need one. 

14 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

There are adverts all around the ground and on players shirts. They pay for exposure.

I know, but they don't pay the BBC so have no influence with them. 

16 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

I thought you needed a TV license if you have a unit capable of receiving a TV signal on the premises? Pretty sure that means any TV set.

3 minutes ago, Derry Drummer said:

Yeah Netflix etc. You still need one. 

Aren't Netflix, Amazon Prime, Apple TV, & other similar internet-only services exempt from needing a TV licence?.....this is the basis for most student flats. I thought iPlayer was the only internet-based service where you require a licence?

2 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

Aren't Netflix, Amazon Prime, Apple TV, & other similar internet-only services exempt from needing a TV licence?.....this is the basis for most student flats. I thought iPlayer was the only internet-based service where you require a licence?

Had a check

You must have a TV Licence if you:

• watch or record programmes on a TV, computer or other device as they’re broadcast
  • download or watch BBC programmes on iPlayer – live, catch up or on demand

So as long as you're not watching anything 'as broadcast' you're OK. However if you use any device to watch a live football stream for example then you would need one - that's how I read it anyway.

On 02/11/2019 at 14:44, Prince Buster said:

Had a check

You must have a TV Licence if you:

• watch or record programmes on a TV, computer or other device as they’re broadcast
  • download or watch BBC programmes on iPlayer – live, catch up or on demand

So as long as you're not watching anything 'as broadcast' you're OK. However if you use any device to watch a live football stream for example then you would need one - that's how I read it anyway.

The TV license like the dog license should have gone the way of the dinosaur and dodo about 20 years ago. 

What irks me is that the BBC does do adverts for non UK countries, but you get Adverts is you are watching the BBC outside of the UK. So why can't the BBC just do what every other station does and bring adverts to its station and dump the TV license?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

The TC licence like the dog licence should have gone the way of the dinosaur and dodo about 20 years ago. 

What irks me is that the BBC does do adverts for non UK countries, but you get Adverts is you are watching the BBC outside of the UK. So why can't the BBC just do what every other station does and bring adverts to its station and dump the TV licence?

Would love to disagree - but can't, spot on.

I believe he term is 'stealth tax'.

• Like 1

Just now, Prince Buster said:

Would love to disagree - but can't, spot on.

I believe he term is 'stealth tax'.

Damn, I will have to stop having to agree with you... its doing my image a whole load of harm! 🤣😘

My mum just noticed the price hike for the TV licence and was shocked to see that it is now over a £150 a year. I told her not to pay it and just watch programs online now.

1 minute ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Damn, I will have to stop having to agree with you... its doing my image a whole load of harm! 🤣😘

My mum just noticed the price hike for the TV licence and was shocked to see that it is now over a £150 a year. I told her not to pay it and just watch programs online now.

It's hard to disagree with facts; and as we all know, I only deal in facts.

😉 

• Funny 1

Just now, Prince Buster said:

It's hard to disagree with facts; and as we all know, I only deal in facts.

😉 

Facts are like arseholes.... everyone has one and theirs is better! 😜