The Dark Blues

Match Aftermath: Dundee 2 - 1 Morton (01st Nov 2019)

Rate this topic

• Administrator

Dundee were hosts to Morton tonight.

The first half was a bit of a battle between both teams, with either side having a few chances on goal.

Hemmings opened the scoring in the 63th minute and few moments later, Morton were all square with a Salkfield goal.

Super sub Ness came on in the 75th minute and scored the winning goal in the 80th minute.

It wasn't pretty but it was three points to the Dee.

Dundee 2 - 1 Morton

• Like 1
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would have taken 3 points before the game to keep momentum up and wasn't too concerned about the performance. I think we showed good character to get the winner after the sucker punch of them equali

Gotta disagree with those saying that was an ugly win. We made heavy weather of it but it was a win for persistence and keeping the head under pressure and continuing to play football when the temptat

This. League winning sides at this level always have some utterly dreadful games to watch, just about getting the points on the board.

A wins a win.

But at home, against the mighty Ton who have been horsed in every away game to date.

With Dorrans and Byrne playing it square in front of our own penalty box most of the time?. 

And hanging on at the end..

Edited by Dondeh
  • Like 1
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, deerealist said:

Dorrans is class

He just ran the middle of the park and feed the front line!

Thank phuck he signed for us!

• Like 2

They were hardly battering us, pretty streetwise and comfortable for me. 

Two lovely finishes. 

Agree about Kane chance. He's old enough to stop, then curl it into an empty net. 

Oh yes, we now have the same points total as for whole of last season. 

Edited by blueboy
  • Like 3
  • Wowzer 1

Played some good stuff in spells, but a bit of a concern that we fell out of it in equally lengthy spells.

Some great passing & vision from Dorrans, and good to see us pushing players forward in the last quarter, after their equaliser.

A lot of scrappy games in this league & we need to be tough enough to fight/play through that.

• Like 1

Not pretty but I think it’s positive that we are now realising that in some games, that’s just how it has to be in this league. Thought everyone played really well again, although, Morton’s equaliser will be a sore one for both Mackie and Hazard to look back on imo, I think both should’ve done much better. 3 points though so have to be pleased! 

• Like 1

First half was even but I never felt that we would concede. Second half we dominated 40mins (bar the equaliser where it’s poor from the midfield initially with the challenges, poor marking from Mackie and poor goalkeeping) but did seem to panic a bit in the last five but defended well enough that the keeper wasn’t troubled. Two great goals for us though and if ICT can get a result tomorrow then next week becomes an even bigger game.

• Like 1

I would have taken 3 points before the game to keep momentum up and wasn't too concerned about the performance. I think we showed good character to get the winner after the sucker punch of them equalising right after our 1st. 

Morton were dirty and not interested in playing football but we need to learn to grind out results against teams like that and we did which is a big positive for me. 

Dorrans was the difference again and showed his class, i'd like to see him playing further forward though with 2 of Byrne, Ness or Gowser sitting in if we stick with that system. I don't think we need to be playing 2 defensive midfielders at home to Morton and think we should have been playing far higher up the park. 

Good to see Hemmings get another goal and good to see Ness come on and score a great goal too.

It wasn't overly convincing or pretty on the eye but now all the pressure is on United tomorrow. I think i'd prefer ICT to win but a draw will do. 

Any win next week again please to bring the 'world famous' back down to earth. 

• Like 6
41 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

A wins a win.

But at home, against the mighty Ton who have been horsed in every away game to date.

With Dorrans and Byrne playing it square in front of our own penalty box most of the time?. 

And hanging on at the end..

We’re u one of the booers in the cox by any chance