Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Match Aftermath: Dundee 2 - 1 Morton (01st Nov 2019)

TheDarkBlues

First half was even but I never felt that we would concede. Second half we dominated 40mins (bar the equaliser where it’s poor from the midfield initially with the challenges, poor marking from Mackie and poor goalkeeping) but did seem to panic a bit in the last five but defended well enough that the keeper wasn’t troubled. Two great goals for us though and if ICT can get a result tomorrow then next week becomes an even bigger game.

• Like 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I would have taken 3 points before the game to keep momentum up and wasn't too concerned about the performance. I think we showed good character to get the winner after the sucker punch of them equalising right after our 1st. 

Morton were dirty and not interested in playing football but we need to learn to grind out results against teams like that and we did which is a big positive for me. 

Dorrans was the difference again and showed his class, i'd like to see him playing further forward though with 2 of Byrne, Ness or Gowser sitting in if we stick with that system. I don't think we need to be playing 2 defensive midfielders at home to Morton and think we should have been playing far higher up the park. 

Good to see Hemmings get another goal and good to see Ness come on and score a great goal too.

It wasn't overly convincing or pretty on the eye but now all the pressure is on United tomorrow. I think i'd prefer ICT to win but a draw will do. 

Any win next week again please to bring the 'world famous' back down to earth. 

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

A wins a win.

But at home, against the mighty Ton who have been horsed in every away game to date.

With Dorrans and Byrne playing it square in front of our own penalty box most of the time?. 

And hanging on at the end..

We’re u one of the booers in the cox by any chance

8 minutes ago, nemsadzDEE said:

I would have taken 3 points before the game to keep momentum up and wasn't too concerned about the performance. I think we showed good character to get the winner after the sucker punch of them equalising right after our 1st. 

Morton were dirty and not interested in playing football but we need to learn to grind out results against teams like that and we did which is a big positive for me. 

Dorrans was the difference again and showed his class, i'd like to see him playing further forward though with 2 of Byrne, Ness or Gowser sitting in if we stick with that system. I don't think we need to be playing 2 defensive midfielders at home to Morton and think we should have been playing far higher up the park. 

Good to see Hemmings get another goal and good to see Ness come on and score a great goal too.

It wasn't overly convincing or pretty on the eye but now all the pressure is on United tomorrow. I think i'd prefer ICT to win but a draw will do. 

Any win next week again please to bring the 'world famous' back down to earth. 

This. League winning sides at this level always have some utterly dreadful games to watch, just about getting the points on the board.

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

A wins a win.

But at home, against the mighty Ton who have been horsed in every away game to date.

With Dorrans and Byrne playing it square in front of our own penalty box most of the time?. 

And hanging on at the end..

Totally disagree,2 well crafted goals against a team that had everybody behind the ball. Did hazard have a save to make?

• Like 2

Great three points and sends us into next weeks game on a positive with three consecutive wins.  Strange game to watch with Morton sitting in and while we kept possession well it was very difficult to play through a congested penalty area.  Games like this may turn out to be the norm . Interesting to see what kind of tactics the dabs employ next week.

If everyone is fit I would persevere with this line up.

• Like 1

Adblock Detected