The Dark Blues
TheDarkBlues

Dundee V Dabs (Home, 08th Nov 2019)

Rate this topic

Well it is the second derby of the season and we are at home and on our 3rd win on the bounce and it is going to be a lot closer than it was the last time (I feel)

So, fuck united and lets get this done this time!

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Star Post 2

Expecting Utd to drop points tomorrow, Dundee fans to be cocky and gobby all week, Dundee to not show up next Friday, United to win, Dundee fans to look stupid.

There i said it.

• Sad 2

58 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Expecting Utd to drop points tomorrow, Dundee fans to be cocky and gobby all week, Dundee to not show up next Friday, United to win, Dundee fans to look stupid.

There i said it.

Cheery chops... though I wouldn't be surprised if you were right.

Won't catch me being cocky (unless in a tongue-in-cheek way) under any circumstance going into next week, don't think anyone is under any illusion how good United can be after the last derby. Will reserve my official prediction, but y'know... Dens on a Friday night... feel like another 2-1 Dee shitfest win could be on the cards. This game is largely around form, and we're about as in form as we can be.

• Like 1

1 -0 Dundee....Hemmings to score the winner......A Derry singsong.....You Can Stick Laurence Shankland Up Your a**e 😃

Would love a win but would settle for a draw to keep them in touching distance and hope that we are stronger than them in the second half of the season

• Like 2

Our players should be right up for this game after the Dabs scored an embarrassing 6 against us last time.

I would have them watch that game few times next week and tell them go out win this for the fans, show everyone that that game was a fluke.

And get it right up them 😀

A draw isn’t the end of the world, but with there poor away record they are there for the taking....

Dundee are in a better state mentally and in terms of players and setup than last time. They have to show up though. If they do, the arabs are only Shankland, the rest not so decent. 

13 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

A draw isn’t the end of the world, but with there poor away record they are there for the taking....

Agree mate but we are the form team and if we are serious about winning the league we have to be looking to win this as it would be a real sign of intent and great for our confidence going forward.

Once the pre game anxiety kicks in though i'll probably bite your hand off for a draw. 

I really hope Marsh is fit and we play Dorrans behind Hemmings.

Positives: 3 wins in a row, Hemmings 3 goals in 3 games, Dorrans now match fit and starting to influence games and chip in with assists.

Negatives: Hazard doesn't fill me with confidence as is far from commanding, combine that with how vulnerable we were to any ball they put into our box last time makes me brick it. They are jammy and always seem to get the breaks even when playing poorly. Shankland is clinical and will punish us if we give him half a sniff. 

Edited by nemsadzDEE
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Parcbara said:

Dundee are in a better state mentally and in terms of players and setup than last time. They have to show up though. If they do, the arabs are only Shankland, the rest not so decent. 

The rest are pish you mean mate!

3 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

The rest are pish you mean mate!

We said this last time. Shankland was anonymous. They still scored 6.

10 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

There i said it.

????????

9 minutes ago, mitch said:

????????

Yes, but we have all seen what he says so many times before. Let's hope its not this time.

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

We said this last time. Shankland was anonymous. They still scored 6.

Times a changing!

What matters is that McPake gets the team fired up to press the opposition, especially in the opposition's half. with the standard of players in this league they can't cope with having someone in their face and make a telling pass. Need to work out how to get dorrans playing further up the pitch too.

4 minutes ago, BCram said:

What matters is that McPake gets the team fired up to press the opposition, especially in the opposition's half. with the standard of players in this league they can't cope with having someone in their face and make a telling pass. Need to work out how to get dorrans playing further up the pitch too.

Agree that getting Dorrans further forward is key, i'd swap him and Goswer. 

Hazard

Kerr       Forster      McGhee        Marsh 

Byrne       Gowser

McDaid          Dorrans         Nelson

Hemmings

Ness on for Gowser once he is out of steam and Johnson for Hemmings when their defence is tiring. 

Hopefully Marsh is fit as don't want to see McMillan against Mackie as think he'd run riot and that's their main way to supply Shankland. 

• Like 1

Don’t think we can play like we did last night against them and expect a victory though......wasn’t pretty although we got the result it was messy. 

• Star Post 1

51 minutes ago, nemsadzDEE said:

Agree that getting Dorrans further forward is key, i'd swap him and Goswer. 

Hazard

Kerr       Forster      McGhee        Marsh 

Byrne       Gowser

McDaid          Dorrans         Nelson

Hemmings

Ness on for Gowser once he is out of steam and Johnson for Hemmings when their defence is tiring. 

Hopefully Marsh is fit as don't want to see McMillan against Mackie as think he'd run riot and that's their main way to supply Shankland. 

I'd swap nelson for ness and put McGowan further forward with Dorrans and Mcdaid