The Dark Blues
Cobra

Dundee On Fm2020

Rate this topic

Football Manager is out today (beta version) and the first thing I like to do is let it play a season untouched to see what happens with Dundee just to get an idea of how we're rated by the game.

Final standings:

6G9aZd8.jpg

So my test run threw up what would be the worst season in our history.

McPake loses his job early and is replaced by Dick Campbell. Strachan leaves to become Ross County manager. Campbell is sacked by Nelms after Dundee are relegated and Jim Duffy takes over!

Best performing players are Hemmings, Byrne, Marshall, Ness and Todd while McGowan, Dorrans and McDaid are awful.

• Funny 1

43 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Football Manager is out today (beta version) and the first thing I like to do is let it play a season untouched to see what happens with Dundee just to get an idea of how we're rated by the game.

Final standings:

6G9aZd8.jpg

So my test run threw up what would be the worst season in our history.

McPake loses his job early and is replaced by Dick Campbell. Strachan leaves to become Ross County manager. Campbell is sacked by Nelms after Dundee are relegated and Jim Duffy takes over!

Best performing players are Hemmings, Byrne, Marshall, Ness and Todd while McGowan, Dorrans and McDaid are awful.

And Alloa where third in the table..... yeah okay.... this is the reason I stopped playing FM lol

25 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

And Alloa where third in the table..... yeah okay.... this is the reason I stopped playing FM lol

Decided to give it another go and would you believe it...

ECn0M4d.jpg

• Funny 1

Can you just run it without playing. I've never played a football game in my life. 

12 minutes ago, Derry Drummer said:

Can you just run it without playing. I've never played a football game in my life. 

Well you can start unemployed and go on holiday for a period of time and then see what happened.

FM has become more than just a game. The database is so vast it's become an important part of how football clubs scout players in the real world.

• Wowzer 1

9 hours ago, Cobra said:

Well you can start unemployed and go on holiday for a period of time and then see what happened.

FM has become more than just a game. The database is so vast it's become an important part of how football clubs scout players in the real world.

Still trying to crack FM - have never won a Champions league or Euro cup in either FM or Champ man (btw that's not me being Dundee , tried to win it with certain  top clubs in England / Spain / Italy )

1 hour ago, CC33 said:

Still trying to crack FM - have never won a Champions league or Euro cup in either FM or Champ man (btw that's not me being Dundee , tried to win it with certain  top clubs in England / Spain / Italy )

I end up using the editor to give me a billion quid to spend.

11 minutes ago, Cobra said:

The editor is a bit like the Marrs then, Cobra? 

• Funny 2

Terrible season and terrible manager

Cobra cobra gtf Cobra gtf 😁😁

• Funny 5

17 hours ago, Cobra said:

The database is so vast it's become an important part of how football clubs scout players in the real world.

I think Neil McCann de-popularised this scouting method. 

• Funny 3

What is the point of this FM? Think i will stick to going to real games and leave those who want to follow football in cyberspace behind. Luddites R Us 😁

3 minutes ago, Double Blue said:

What is the point of this FM? 

Whether you're a fan who lives and breathes football or a world class player it's an enjoyable way to pass the time I suppose.

Image result for griezmann football manager

43 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Whether you're a fan who lives and breathes football or a world class player it's an enjoyable way to pass the time I suppose.

Image result for griezmann football manager

My interest in 'football games' began, and ended, with Subbuteo in the 60's.....

Mind you, so did Dundee's chances of being 'a force in Europe' 😢  

• Sad 1
  • Funny 2

Back in the 70s I was on holiday in Norfolk . Made the woman in the shop pull out every subbuteo team in an enormous cupboard to find DFC . Cracking set but I was careful with my pennies then - I turned on my heel saying I’d think about it much to my older brothers embarrassment/ disgust!

The Subbuteo people did a fine job with our beautiful 70s kit.

Image result for dundee subbuteo

• Like 6
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, Cobra said:

That was the one! Should have bought it

3 hours ago, Cobra said:

In the 60's the subbuteo team paintwork was fairly unimaginative & they sold stupid wee fiddly stick-on shirt numbers, so I adapted my airfix model plane/ship painting skills, and did 'repaints' for my DFC / Chelsea / Inter Milan teams. After that success, most of my pals (small fee + paint pot costs!), got their teams refreshed with the up-to-date kits....including numbers & badges on jerseys & shorts, using brushes 'severely trimmed'...and some with a single hair! 

Subsequent repaints, though, required all the gloss paint to be carefully peeled off....with the occasional 'broken arm' as an 'acceptable risk'. First Aid, using airfix glue, was occasionally disastrous as it sometimes 'melted' the plastic. I think there were a few one-armed players in the leagues 😮

The art teacher (boring bas*ard) said I was never going to get rich on the back of these skills, though! 😂  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, Cobra said:

Ha - yea use the editor myself , im still playing FM16 tho bit of a geeky moment , I updated the editor so it was up to todays date - for example Mpappe is at PSG 

Anyway maybe if I cheated as much as you with money  id win the CL 😉

Edited by CC33
  • Like 1

Mines is in my auld mans loft,had the terracing floodlights and previous Dee team strip,i'll have to dig it out and bore the grandkids!!🙄

23 hours ago, WoodStein said:

Subbuteo in the 60's.....

Talk about cutting edge football there.... and here was me thinking you had a straw, a ball and a couple of goals...... and blew really really hard!

will smith straw GIF