The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
TDB Staff

NEWS: Dundee manager James McPake appears in court after disturbance at city pub

Without knowing any of the facts,it looks like some drunk arabs,bit off more than they could chew,and are trying to cover their a**.

Or did JM walk into a Dundee pub,started abusing some strangers,who might be gay,whilst GI headered them?

Make your own mind up on the most likely scenario.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Head Shaker said:

As they should, if guilty.

Why ?, We don’t know the circumstances involved, sadly society today,  allows people to berate and abuse yet for some unknown reason we expect those on the receiving end to be upstanding members of the community, everyone has a point of no return if there are guilty they will suffer the consequence and the club may then invoke disciplinary measures for bringing the club into disrepute. If I remember right Gowser was curfewed and given a bracelet for assault. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Head Shaker said:

As they should, if guilty.

U saying he should leave for slagging a wee minky Arab rat ...I applaud him

Sounds like the dab arseholes who started taunting McPake are trying to take him down because he responded with a bit of name-calling.

Using gay slurs is not good behaviour but I think the term "homophobic abuse" should be reserved for actual gay people being targeted for being gay rather than a guy defending himself against arseholes.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

27 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Sounds like the dab arseholes who started taunting McPake are trying to take him down because he responded with a bit of name-calling.

Using gay slurs is not good behaviour but I think the term "homophobic abuse" should be reserved for actual gay people being targeted for being gay rather than a guy defending himself against arseholes.

I've racially abused a guy who pulled a knife on me. Not because I'm particularly racist but because I was trying to bait the guy... who happened to be black. 

If you're in a shitty spiteful situation (which it sounds like this was) then you're going to say hurtful things and calling someone a poof/jessie or whatever is part of that. At the moment some people would choose be be offended by being called the wrong gender/any gender. Its pretty fecked up. 

• Love 1
  • Star Post 2

4 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I've racially abused a guy who pulled a knife on me. Not because I'm particularly racist but because I was trying to bait the guy... who happened to be black. 

If you're in a shitty spiteful situation (which it sounds like this was) then you're going to say hurtful things and calling someone a poof/jessie or whatever is part of that. At the moment some people would choose be be offended by being called the wrong gender/any gender. Its pretty fecked up. 

I'll be furious if McPake loses his job because he's been baited into using foul and abusive language. That would just encourage idiots to harass football managers and players in the street in the hope they might get an inappropriate word thrown at them so they can run to the police and get the guy sacked.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I'll be furious if McPake loses his job because he's been baited into using foul and abusive language. That would just encourage idiots to harass football managers and players in the street in the hope they might get an inappropriate word thrown at them so they can run to the police and get the guy sacked.

However it panned out, I'd guess the couple of guys in their 30's in high profile positions didn't go looking for trouble. I'd be gutted if this stuff was a sacking offence too, from the way FPS have been with McGowan and the way they have looked after JMcP I'd guess they would be understanding. Its just a pity that its come to this, if they were making a habit of trawling round pubs looking for fights then aye, I could understand why some would want rid but its a bar scuffle that seems to only have any kind of traction because of the profile of a couple of the participants.

2 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

However it panned out, I'd guess the couple of guys in their 30's in high profile positions didn't go looking for trouble. I'd be gutted if this stuff was a sacking offence too, from the way FPS have been with McGowan and the way they have looked after JMcP I'd guess they would be understanding. Its just a pity that its come to this, if they were making a habit of trawling round pubs looking for fights then aye, I could understand why some would want rid but its a bar scuffle that seems to only have any kind of traction because of the profile of a couple of the participants.

I'm disappointed that the charge has stood against McPake. If my gay pal gets called a poofter in the street by some random that's a criminal offence. If I get called a poofter by Robbie Neilson because I've taunted him in a pub that's just an irritated football manager losing his cool with a tw*t.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I'm disappointed that the charge has stood against McPake. If my gay pal gets called a poofter in the street by some random that's a criminal offence. If I get called a poofter by Robbie Neilson because I've taunted him in a pub that's just an irritated football manager losing his cool with a tw*t.

😂 While I wouldn't say I yearn for the good old bad old days, I can't recall the last time I heard it given its 'full title'. I blame texting.... and Instagram.... values are slipping. 🤣

• Funny 1

From what I've heard the Security Video footage shows a number of DABs making an a**e of themselves which escalated into the incidents that have brought the charges. Doesn't look good for GI but JMcPs charge is at the lower end of the scale (whatever that means). Maybe the polis should have lifted the arab twats as well and then all the charges could have cancelled themselves out but then that would not have been PC enough. Just have a feeling that they will throw the book at JI but McP will be given a caution at worst!

13 hours ago, chomp my root said:

😂 While I wouldn't say I yearn for the good old bad old days, I can't recall the last time I heard it given its 'full title'. I blame texting.... and Instagram.... values are slipping. 🤣

Check out the Monty Python "Bruces" sketch....Rule 1....No Poofters!!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Barryboy said:

Check out the Monty Python "Bruces" sketch....Rule 1....No Poofters!!

The philosophical department like to rock it old skool. 🤣

If as has been hinted he was getting dog's abuse from some DAB troublemakers why are they not up on a breach of the peace charge?  I hate all this modern day PC nonsense that takes away from real racism, sexism etc. It seems that the alleged victim in any of these 'crimes' only has to say that he/she perceives it as a hate crime and the authorities then have to regard the incident in such a way. If the abuse was about J McP then he should come out and say that he perceives it as racist abuse against his Irish roots. In the current state of the 'law' he doesn't have to prove such and the police would have to take appropriate action. This would in fact be a nonsense charge but little more than the charge J McP is facing for a silly comment made in the heat of the moment (allegedly) to a person or persons foully abusing him. As for any talk of him losing his job even if he is found guilty what utter rubbish. It he was found guilty of the assault charge levelled against GI there would at least be a case to discuss the merits or otherwise of losing his employment but for the charge in question never!!!

• Like 1

Good grief I had to check the date after reading some of those comments and it's 2019 right enough, believe me if there is any truth in the charges made against the manager then the board will have to take action, they won't have any choice in the matter because if they don't the fallout will be massive.

10 minutes ago, Head Shaker said:

Good grief I had to check the date after reading some of those comments and it's 2019 right enough, believe me if there is any truth in the charges made against the manager then the board will have to take action, they won't have any choice in the matter because if they don't the fallout will be massive.

Innocent till proven guilty?

Some folks have them guilty,cos some dab sez so?

Seriously?

1 hour ago, Head Shaker said:

Do you know if there’s any truth in all this bulls**t