Rate this topic

The derby  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What'll happen at Dens?

• A memorable win for the Dee
    • Points shared
    • A painful defeat
  2. 2. Who should be starting?

3. 3. Who do you fancy to score Dundee's first goal?

• Kane Hemmings
    • Declan McDaid
    • Danny Johnson
    • Paul McGowan
    • Andrew Nelson
    • Jordan McGhee
    • Jamie Ness
    • Graham Dorrans
    • Someone else
    • We won't find the net

Less than 24 hours to go. Thoughts for the game?

Fraser Robertson?

5 minutes ago, rossbatchelor9 said:

Fraser Robertson?

Good spot. I should have checked. That's fixed.

danny johnson to start and score our first of five!!! comon the dee!!!

We've really got to get a result here IMO. Neilson told them to go out and make a statement last time and no doubt they will be buzzing again. Gotta match the intensity. 

2-2 unfortunately though 

Interesting reading these polls . I’m surprised at some of the folk going for dee win . Cammy well and truly back in peoples thoughts. 

Only Change for me would be to bring in Mackie in ahead of Nelson to counter their main threat down that side . I feel for Nelson as he's a quality forward but he is being asked to play out of position , I'm sure his time will come ! 

Wouldn't be too surprised if McPake keeps the same starting 11 though and I guess there is a case for doing that too

I admit I have a bit of the fear about tonight after the East Angus United's  win against ICT … BUT in saying that ,aside from a crazy last 5 minutes against Partick Thistle ,we have been on a good run of late and without doubt the arrival of Dorrans has played a major part in that  so wouldn't be too shocked if we won .

Too hard to call so will take a point ..

Only hope we get a bit of a fairer set of officials than the match across the road .

Anyway .., AWAY THE DEE & F*&K THE DABS !

16 minutes ago, DBDU said:

I admit I have a bit of the fear about tonight after the East Angus United's  win against ICT

I wouldn't worry too much about that given how badly Inverness did at home to the bottom two.

ICT's last three home games...

ICT 1-3 Partick
ICT 2-2 Alloa
ICT 0-3 United

• Like 1

Some interesting team selections on here, one poster has a back 3 of Kerr, Forster & Mackie, Byrne, Dorrans & McGowan in midfield and a front 4 of McDaid, Nelson, Johnson & Hemmings.😮

I'm all for attacking football but this line up gives me the absolute fear.

There will be few changes if any...

Perhaps Mackie for Nelson, providing Marshall is fit.

• Like 1

Have been wrong with all my predictions so far. Let's hope it continues!

41 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Some interesting team selections on here, one poster has a back 3 of Kerr, Forster & Mackie, Byrne, Dorrans & McGowan in midfield and a front 4 of McDaid, Nelson, Johnson & Hemmings.😮

I'm all for attacking football but this line up gives me the absolute fear.

Absolute madness. 

Only change anyone should be considering is Mackie for Nelson. Stick. With a winning side 

• Like 1

Never predict any Dee gemmes,Richard Osman would agree,but same starting 11 and get fucken ripped in to the tangy dayglo shitflingers!!

I like the idea of having Mackie replacing Nelson on the left. Would make us strong down that side.

Obviously concerns with Cammy at the back but it's a derby and he will give his all.

I think we will see a stronger Dundee team tonight out for revenge. We will be tighter all over the park. 

I sure as hell hope the players realise they owe the fans one after the last derby and leave nothing on the pitch (apart from limping arabs). 100% focussed; giving them (especially their dangerous forward players) no space; attack them with pace and adequate support for our striker(s); and leave our fans with a big smile on our faces at the end. 

• Star Post 1

It's going to be tough.. going for 1-1.  As usual I'd play Danny Johnson but I doubt he will start.

Only point for discussion seems to be those who want Mackie to play instead of Nelson. Same team as last few selections but with this one alteration to strengthen the left side of our defence, presumably.

One thing we can be sure of tonight... both teams will score tonight. That's happened in all seven derbies since 2014/15.

3 hours ago, Double Blue said:

I sure as hell hope the players realise they owe the fans one after the last derby and leave nothing on the pitch (apart from limping arabs). 100% focussed; giving them (especially their dangerous forward players) no space; attack them with pace and adequate support for our striker(s); and leave our fans with a big smile on our faces at the end. 

Great post, says it ALL, we require to defend and attack, as a team, also, please give Kane Hemmings, some support up front, he can't do it all on his OWN. The midfielders have to turn up this Derby, and put in, some Hard ball winning challenges, for a change. So Come on, the City's Senior team and don't let your supporters and Owners down yet Again.