The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Match Aftermath: Dundee 0 - 2 Dundee United (08th Nov 2019)

Rate this topic

The dark blues hosted our neighbours from next door in tonight's Championship League game.

Dundee huffed and puffed and never looked like even scoring never mind winning this game.

Clark scored from the penalty spot after Declan McDaid lunged in on Liam Smith.

Shankland scored after he disposed Nelson in the 64th minute.

Dundee 0 - 2 Dundee United.

Laboured performance. Our midfield and defence are Dither and Delay. 

When will we learn to build the press, move the ball forward and quick. Sideways or backward passing doesn’t cut it and we are guilty of passing the ball behind forward moving players.

Hate to say it but respect to united for doing everything we couldn’t. 

Could that have been any worse than it was? We never even laid a glove on them and made them look so much better than they are!

Total shite!

• Star Post 1

1 minute ago, Aberdee said:

Laboured performance. Our midfield and defence are Dither and Delay. 

When will we learn to build the press, move the ball forward and quick. Sideways or backward passing doesn’t cut it and we are guilty of passing the ball behind forward moving players.

Hate to say it but respect to united for doing everything we couldn’t. 

Sounds like all our managers are following the same slow build up from the back and trying to walk the ball into the net.

No wonder teams can shut us down and out with the way we play.

• Sad 1

Spineless,clueless performance, disgusted with that tonight

• Star Post 2

United attack (i.e get the ball forward) quickly and in numbers. We’re so laboured that it’s incredibly difficult to watch.

I hate to say it but what I’d give for a player like McMullan.

Edited by Hen Broon

Shipping six goals to a second rate United team obviously didn't cause our players to lose any sleep.

The reality is to beat this United side on grass you've got to have a shrewd tactical plan, great determination and a strong defence. We were never likely to deliver those three things tonight.

Nelms' latest rookie experiment would probably be a lot better for us if we didn't have to play derbies this season.

There is not a chance we will catch them, maybe this is the right time to get an experienced manager in 

What a joke. Glad I didn't waste time tonight watching it.

• Funny 1

McPake has NO clue what he is doing.nelson on the wing? Was having a nightmare,he should have been hooked at halftime instead he takes off McGowan and puts another forward on.played around going backwards as usual,did Utd fart about with the ball around the back four? No.I say again ,McPake has NO clue.We are going nowhere again same old thing.Get in a decent manager Nelms, can’t take much more of this.

• Wowzer 1

2 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Sounds like all our managers are following the same slow build up from the back and trying to walk the ball into the net.

No wonder teams can shut us down and out with the way we play.

Sadly our last four/five managers have not been the brightest. Perhaps the people choosing them aren’t the brightest either!

When we are at our out most vulnerable i.e relegated and competing against our biggest rivals we appoint a complete novice. McPake is so far out his depth it’s untrue.

Its just error after error with people running the club, after 3 years of short respite yet again we are miles off united!! 

McPake has just said there was not much between the two teams 😂😂 Phuck sake what does that tell you 

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

cannot overstate how sh**e we were tonight and we never looked even remotely looked like we were even going to score.

this passing at the back and slow build up needs to f**cking go!

• Like 2

Just now, gblue said:

McPake has just said there was not much between the two teams 😂😂 Phuck sake what does that tell you 

Minter interview.

I was all for him getting the job but I’ve seen very little so far that gives me any hope he’s the right man.