The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Rate the Manager: Dundee United (Home, 08th Nov 2019)

Rate this topic

Rate The Manager  

33 members have voted

1. 1. How did you rate the managers team selection?

2. 2. How did you rate the managers tactics on the park

How did you rate James McPake's team selection, substitutions and performance today?

Absolutely clueless.

We were FAR better in the 6-2 game.

That says it all I’m afraid.

An ineffective manager with ineffective tactics hence an ineffective team.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

He had to pick the same team after 3 wins in a row, so I gave 4 for that. (We missed Marshall who is much better than Mackie who makes silly mistakes). The tactics were awful, we stopped the passing game and hoofed the ball up the park all night. Out-thought by Neilson yet again. McPake has a lot to learn - 1 star

14 minutes ago, StobbieDee said:

An ineffective manager with ineffective tactics hence an ineffective team.

You have stated, how we ALL feel yet Again, should Never have been appointed, just watched, my recording of the match, fast forwarded, to his end of match Interview, he requires Sacked, just for his delusional comments and ZERO tactics, looked like Bambi in a Car's headlights,

18 hours ago, GordonDee said:

He had to pick the same team after 3 wins in a row, so I gave 4 for that. (We missed Marshall who is much better than Mackie who makes silly mistakes). The tactics were awful, we stopped the passing game and hoofed the ball up the park all night. Out-thought by Neilson yet again. McPake has a lot to learn - 1 star

Basically United sat high up the park when our keeper had the ball, stopping us from starting from the back and forcing us to go long, which is something we look to avoid due to not having an effective target up front.

Add in that the central midfielders often play deeper than the CBs and is it any wonder we couldn't get the passing game going? It wasn't a tactic to play this way but we've been coerced into thinking everyone will come and play like Morton did last week and simply let us have the ball until we are a third of the way into their half of the pitch.

I've said it before, but this style of play is all fine and well against passive teams but those who press the ball and the pace will undo us every time unless we can become MUCH better at it than we are. In terms of intention we really haven't moved on from McCann, we just have slightly better players. 

• Like 1