Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Nelson

Prince Buster

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Nelson should never have started in midfield, taking McGowan off was another mistake and the boy young boy McPake is not ready for this level of football.

Having three loan players on the pitch at one time is asking for trouble, especially when the sleeves need rolled up. 

Edited by BigG
  • Like 2
  • Star Post 1

I've said for a few games now Nelson is getting played out his comfort zone and that we would get caught out asking him to track back on the wing and defend against better teams, because he can't, a feel a bit sorry for him as we're asking him to do something he can't do at this level. It's nothing to do with heart or desire he doesn't have the positional sense or awareness to defend properly, he's probably never played this position much up until now. McPake needs to recognise this and find someone who can track back and defend properly in that position.

3 minutes ago, DeeVinci said:

I've said for a few games now Nelson is getting played out his comfort zone and that we would get caught out asking him to track back on the wing and defend against better teams, because he can't, a feel a bit sorry for him as we're asking him to do something he can't do at this level. It's nothing to do with heart or desire he doesn't have the positional sense or awareness to defend properly, he's probably never played this position much up until now. McPake needs to recognise this and find someone who can track back and defend properly in that position.

Our last 3 managers were all guilty of signing players then trying to fit them in instead of signing a player for a certain position. We now have 5 central midfielders, none of them can play on the left. We have never had a left midfielder since the days of Conroy. Now we have Nelson following the footsteps of Loy, CW etc. When Ness is fit we'll still have that problem but we'll have yet another CM on the bench. Poor recruitment. 

• Like 1

So, is Todd injured or what? I know some haven't been impressed but I genuinely think he's been fine, a bit frustrating but did a job V Aberdeen when deployed in a physical battle and has always been a hard working player when I've seen him over the years.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blue4evr said:

Our last 3 managers were all guilty of signing players then trying to fit them in instead of signing a player for a certain position. We now have 5 central midfielders, none of them can play on the left. We have never had a left midfielder since the days of Conroy. Now we have Nelson following the footsteps of Loy, CW etc. When Ness is fit we'll still have that problem but we'll have yet another CM on the bench. Poor recruitment. 

Agree wholeheartedly and it should be a priority in the next transfer window.

24 minutes ago, Blue4evr said:

I don't believe that's so. Dorian's is an opportunity we couldn't (and shouldn't) have passed up. 

Ness and Byrne sitting. Dorrans ahead of them in a free role with McDaid on one wing and McPake (he has to be given a run) on the other. That leaves Robertson to come in for any of the 3 in the middle. It's ideal, IMO.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

I don't believe that's so. Dorian's is an opportunity we couldn't (and shouldn't) have passed up. 

Ness and Byrne sitting. Dorrans ahead of them in a free role with McDaid on one wing and McPake (he has to be given a run) on the other. That leaves Robertson to come in for any of the 3 in the middle. It's ideal, IMO.

Totally agree 

1 hour ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Agree about signing Dorrans, as long as he plays further forward. What I don't agree is playing McPake. Nowhere near ready for this level. He only got on because we have no one else to play  there. ( my original point ). Also that would be Robertson and Gowser out of the team. IMO.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, harry94 said:

So, is Todd injured or what? I know some haven't been impressed but I genuinely think he's been fine, a bit frustrating but did a job V Aberdeen when deployed in a physical battle and has always been a hard working player when I've seen him over the years.

Todd has been injured but even when he was fit, JMP preferred Nelson in that wide midfield role.  Todd should be a shoe-in for that position imo.  Goes back to what I was saying about playing your best players in their best positions.  At no time in the last few games has Andrew Nelson looked comfortable or effective in that position - in fact it was an accident waiting to happen. I do feel sorry for the lad.  He was getting it in the neck from a couple of players last night after the 2nd goal including one experienced player who failed to show up himself.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Attilio said:

Todd has been injured but even when he was fit, JMP preferred Nelson in that wide midfield role.  Todd should be a shoe-in for that position imo.  Goes back to what I was saying about playing your best players in their best positions.  At no time in the last few games has Andrew Nelson looked comfortable or effective in that position - in fact it was an accident waiting to happen. I do feel sorry for the lad.  He was getting it in the neck from a couple of players last night after the 2nd goal including one experienced player who failed to show up himself.

Playing the lad out of his favoured position is daft. Better being a sub and showing what you can do . I hope it’s not just to keep the player happy when he hasn’t been getting a start- that’s no way to pick a team

• Like 1

Adblock Detected