Jump to content
The Dark Blues
Prince Buster

McPake Interview On Bt Sport

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

When he was saying there wasn’t much between the teams and the interviewer said you didn’t have a shot a goal till the 71 first minute he was totally lost as what to say

He mumbled something about it  not being good enough, you can say that again James 

Edited by gblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Punt him for God sake,I dont even blame him. Should not have been giving the job.

  • Like 3
  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A f**k#n embarrassing night just got worse... does he think we'll swallow that sh#t like total mugs ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FanDee said:

Punt him for God sake,I dont even blame him. Should not have been giving the job.

Unfortunately Nelms has shown that he couldn't pick six lottery numbers without f**cking it up, he chose McCann, McIntyre and McPake - all clueless and tactically inept. If he did sack McPake he'd just fall for another con man that speaks a good game at the interview.

  • Like 1
  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Unfortunately Nelms has shown that he couldn't pick six lottery numbers without f**cking it up, he chose McCann, McIntyre and McPake - all clueless and tactically inept. If he did sack McPake he'd just fall for another con man that speaks a good game at the interview.

That’s the problem PB McPakes experience is working under all the clowns you have mentioned 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Double Blue said:

What advice/experience is Jimmy N providing?

It was probably his idea to take McGowan off.  'Boss - 60 minutes on the clock.  Is it not Gowser's bed time'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Double Blue said:

What advice/experience is Jimmy N providing?

Our assistant looked a great appointment on paper but what does he know about modern football? It's quarter of a century since he hung up his boots and coached Raith to League Cup success. He's from a different era and like Strachan maybe doesn't have a huge amount to offer in terms of advice. Folk say that Mourinho and Benitez have been left behind because football management has changed so much. Compared to the 80s and 90s it's a different world.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Our assistant looked a great appointment on paper but what does he know about modern football? It's quarter of a century since he hung up his boots and coached Raith to League Cup success. He's from a different era and like Strachan maybe doesn't have a huge amount to offer in terms of advice. Folk say that Mourinho and Benitez have been left behind because football management has changed so much. Compared to the 80s and 90s it's a different world.

 

.....but we're playing in the Scottish Championship not La Liga, the football here is miles behind the top league's.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Reverend Lovejoy said:

.....but we're playing in the Scottish Championship not La Liga, the football here is miles behind the top league's.

Of course we're nowhere near the cutting edge of professional football but I imagine pro football even at our level has changed a lot in 25 years. We don't have a training centre like Man City's but in terms of nutrition, training, team set-up, etc there's probably a lot things happening at Dens these days that would be alien to guys who retired decades ago.

I got the feeling that Jocky was out of his depth and lost when he came back to manage us the last time and he was not away all that long.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

.....but we're playing in the Scottish Championship not La Liga, the football here is miles behind the top league's.

I totally agree with you.

This league is about getting the basics right, getting direct against the opposition and let them know that you are there.

Some of our tactics have been more than awful, some of the substitutions have been baffling and you would suspect that Jimmy N would be trying to steer McPake in the right direction, or is he just playing the Yes man to McPake?

  • Like 1
  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me getting the basics right is playing your best players in their best positions and getting everyone to compete.  It seems to be working for the arabs so far this season.

Oh and passing the ball to players in your own team is much preferred.  Can someone tell Jordan Forster this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I got the feeling that Jocky was out of his depth and lost when he came back to manage us the last time and he was not away all that long.

Cobra, let's no' close the door on that thought ...

We might soon be reaching the "desperation stage"  ... Or maybe we already have ;)

"Hello Jocky, it's nice to see you again" :bye:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Attilio said:

To me getting the basics right is playing your best players in their best positions and getting everyone to compete.  It seems to be working for the arabs so far this season.

Oh and passing the ball to players in your own team is much preferred.  Can someone tell Jordan Forster this.

Basics? Forster can't find a dark blue shirt. Nelson's first touch is as subtle as being shagged up the a**e by a rhinoceros, the young lad McPake is frightened to put a challenge in incase he get's hurt and Byrne has one slooooooooowwwwwwwww pace. Mackie can't control a ball and stop it going it out of play but can run away and leave the ball behind for the opposition player to drive forward with. Oh and for f**k's sake, don't bring a guy down for a penalty after he's blootered his shot over the bar.

Add in a manager who's substitutions systematically weaken and disorganise the team (keep Gowser on and drop him deeper and hook Nelson. Then when Nelson went off, why was it not Ness who came on to try and boss the middle of the park instead of McPake and becoming even more open than before???) 

If one positive comes from tonight's embarrassing nonsense then please can it be that we STOP playing strikers in midfield. It simply makes them look sh*t. 

  • Like 3
  • Star Post 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, barkblue said:

Basics? Forster can't find a dark blue shirt. Nelson's first touch is as subtle as being shagged up the a**e by a rhinoceros, the young lad McPake is frightened to put a challenge in incase he get's hurt and Byrne has one slooooooooowwwwwwwww pace. Mackie can't control a ball and stop it going it out of play but can run away and leave the ball behind for the opposition player to drive forward with. Oh and for f**k's sake, don't bring a guy down for a penalty after he's blootered his shot over the bar.

Add in a manager who's substitutions systematically weaken and disorganise the team (keep Gowser on and drop him deeper and hook Nelson. Then when Nelson went off, why was it not Ness who came on to try and boss the middle of the park instead of McPake and becoming even more open than before???) 

If one positive comes from tonight's embarrassing nonsense then please can it be that we STOP playing strikers in midfield. It simply makes them look sh*t. 

Echo echo echo....its staring us in the face but not the manager. Despite all of us not being pros, its a simple game that some of us have played and watched for decades. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McPake is lost. Unfortunately, as mentioned elsewhere in this thread, who would put any faith in anybody else JN appointed? He is lost as well. The real worrying and frustrating thing is that Tim Keyes provides absolutely admirable support but is being let down by his partner. Dens can be full home-end wise if we consistently win, but we cant. The man in charge is way out of his depth. Both at team and club level. Just so depressing. 

 

He brought on the young lad  McPake tonight who was amply summed up by his feeble attempt at a shot. How many times i the manager going to bring him on?

Edited by Parcbara
To add
  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Parcbara said:

McPake is lost. Unfortunately, as mentioned elsewhere in this thread, who would put any faith in anybody else JN appointed? He is lost as well. The real worrying and frustrating thing is that Tim Keyes provides absolutely admirable support but is being let down by his partner. Dens can be full home-end wise if we consistently win, but we cant. The man in charge is way out of his depth. Both at team and club level. Just so depressing. 

 

He brought on the young lad  McPake tonight who was amply summed up by his feeble attempt at a shot. How many times i the manager going to bring him on?

Great honest post, sums it up really, can't argue with anything. 😡😡

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Some of our tactics have been more than awful, some of the substitutions have been baffling and you would suspect that Jimmy N would be trying to steer McPake in the right direction, or is he just playing the Yes man to McPake?

Therein lies the question.  I wonder that myself.  In the opinion of many around me last night, the changes were baffling. I suspect that he felt McPake would give us width, but he never has and I think I have seen most of his appearances. He leaves us wide open as well, every time.  As for Nelson, who was way worse than Gowzer last night, not being replaced first. Only our bench could answer that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Parcbara said:

Therein lies the question.  I wonder that myself.  In the opinion of many around me last night, the changes were baffling. I suspect that he felt McPake would give us width, but he never has and I think I have seen most of his appearances. He leaves us wide open as well, every time.  As for Nelson, who was way worse than Gowzer last night, not being replaced first. Only our bench could answer that.

After his performance and yellow we were saying get Ness on for Nelson at halftime. The changes were as baffling as Partick- and young mcpake was like throwing a wee scrap to the lions. Has our manager not learnt anything from JoshMcps performances this season? 
The interview made it sound like Mcpake senior was surprised by how they set out, really??? A draw was good for them so sit in and stay compact and use the pace to hit on the break ....doh! 

  • Like 2
  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.