The Dark Blues
Napper

McPake Must Go.

Rate this topic

when we lose.. when we win, McPake must stay.. talk about knee-jerk.. perhaps the management team won't succeed, maybe they will.. but, FFS, tonight wasn't pretty, but we just won three in a row before this.. manager and player winning manager/ player of the month.. it's just started.. I know people are gutted those fuckers won tonight.. but, perhaps a middle ground required?.. new manager, and team.. still getting better... let's give it time... yes tonight was shyte.. but the opposition had some bad results recently.. haven't we all?.. it isn't so black and white..

• Like 7

I'm sure a lot of they Arab cu#ts will echo those sentiments tonight!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Napper said:

when we lose.. when we win, McPake must stay.. talk about knee-jerk.. perhaps the management team won't succeed, maybe they will.. but, FFS, tonight wasn't pretty, but we just won three in a row before this.. manager and player winning manager/ player of the month.. it's just started.. I know people are gutted those fuckers won tonight.. but, perhaps a middle ground required?.. new manager, and team.. still getting better... let's give it time... yes tonight was shyte.. but the opposition had some bad results recently.. haven't we all?.. it isn't so black and white..

I think it is black and white,McPake is a mistake and I think everyone knows it.

• Like 1

Hate to say it but I think the mistakes are higher up than the manager but what can we do!?

• Star Post 1

1 minute ago, Donny O said:

Hate to say it but I think the mistakes are higher up than the manager but what can we do!?

There is absolutely no doubt this goes way above the manager. Nelms is a clown and his three managerial appointments have set the club back years. 

• Like 4
  • Star Post 1

For mcpake to come out after the game and say it was a “tight match” was an insult to every Dee fan at that match, he can’t be serious with that quote....

Theres a way to lose a football match and that wasn’t it, a bit of dig, fight, shiots on goal, putting your body on the line, but we had none of that... 

One of the worst derby performances I can remember, bullied by a bang average united side....

He won’t be sacked, cause the guy running our club doesn’t have a clue...

Will probably be 12 points behind before we play again, could easily be 20 plus by the end of the season.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 3

1 hour ago, Napper said:

Thanks for that - thought I was at a party for one . Gutted tonight . Totally gutted. Tomorrow we move on . We go again. What this club will never do is lie down. 

• Like 1

@Napper We probably shouldn't sack him but he is so far behind the pace. He cannot change a game. And we pay for that.

Edited by Parcbara

7 hours ago, Parcbara said:

@Napper We probably shouldn't sack him but he is so far behind the pace. He cannot change a game. And we pay for that.

And so far he doesn’t appear to be able to learn from his mistakes 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

What this club will never do is lie down. 

Mate, we just lay down to United. Surely that's unacceptable even to the most optimistic among us?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

Mate, we just lay down to United. Surely that's unacceptable even to the most optimistic among us?

Absolutely unacceptable pb, I agree. I hope cammy and mcpake let them know about how they and the fans feel about that performance . Any professional will surely be dismayed to hear that people think they did not give their all.

im willing as after the thistle game to make my way through several threads and many pages of people understandably venting and raging - some will be over the top for me . We turned it around the following games and some of the comments in the cold light of day were perhaps ott ( only my opinion)

my point however was carefully made- I didn’t say the team doesn’t lie down . I said this club does not lie down and will not - to the league who tried to kill us , to the chancers of the past ,to the glory seekers down the road of the eighties, to those in the local media , to those who may try to block stadium plans etc. We do not sit greeting , we don’t throw the knitting and season books on the track.

The club is our supporters . Long suffering ( many for a lot more years than this young pup). We don’t lie down . This season isn’t over

• Star Post 1

9 hours ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Thanks for that - thought I was at a party for one . Gutted tonight . Totally gutted. Tomorrow we move on . We go again. What this club will never do is lie down. 

They lay down rolled over and got thier bellies tickled last night that's for sure 

Just now, Dundeefc1783 said:

They lay down rolled over and got thier bellies tickled last night that's for sure 

Tragically yes

5 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Absolutely unacceptable pb, I agree. I hope cammy and mcpake let them know about how they and the fans feel about that performance . Any professional will surely be dismayed to hear that people think they did not give their all.

im willing as after the thistle game to make my way through several threads and many pages of people understandably venting and raging - some will be over the top for me . We turned it around the following games and some of the comments in the cold light of day were perhaps ott ( only my opinion)

my point however was carefully made- I didn’t say the team doesn’t lie down . I said this club does not lie down and will not - to the league who tried to kill us , to the chancers of the past ,to the glory seekers down the road of the eighties, to those in the local media , to those who may try to block stadium plans etc. We do not sit greeting , we don’t throw the knitting and season books on the track.

The club is our supporters . Long suffering ( many for a lot more years than this young pup). We don’t lie down . This season isn’t over

4 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

And I must add I know you won’t pb

I'll try not to (after pretending enough's enough) but it looks to me like the whole thing's falling down again and unfortunately the person culpable believes he's doing nothing wrong. We won't lie down as fans but as long as we have an individual in charge who thinks he's right when it's glaringly obvious that he isn't our whole club is in serious danger. Anyone that thinks that's a wrong assessment needs to wonder how our free fall started and where it's going to end; I'd love to hear a recently departed director's view on that.

The delusion seems to have passed down to the manager too as he believes the game was close last night.

Forget outside influences like the league, DCT and the council, the club's failing from inside and that failure is manifesting in team performances. The league, DCT and the council don't cause the players to under perform, that's the club's doing.

• Star Post 1

Everyone of our past 3 to 4  New DFC Manager appointments, where JN has had a hand in the selection process, has had to endure initial criticism from a section of supporters/fans ... which has proved to be justified as the losses & dropped points added up with each passing games

In each case I've got to admit with each new appointment, I always believed, this is the man to get us back on our feet ...

(So I got things totally wrong, which shows just how little I know)

I try not to put all the focus of blame on a new DFC manager for finding himself out of his depth ... He is offered a good position & he accepts, with the knowledge & the backing, he is the best man for the job & the club (JN) is right behind him.

It has to be the selection process that is wrong surely.

I don't think anyone would disagree that the Americans (FPS) have always come up with the financial backing, when it come to supporting Our Club ... But in the area of Manager Selection, it appears to me, they have got it all wrong. First & foremost I think here, it all has to do with money ... Basically you get what you pay for.

And while they appear to be happy/willing, to financially support us in other areas, when it comes to making the most important investment ... A Quality Proven Experienced DFC Manager, they seem to believe this is an area where they can SAVE money ... And I can't see any logic in this at all.

The other area to worry about in this selection process is John Nelms ....

I am not going into the JN problems here again, because they have been well discussed here. But it would be to everyone's advantage, were he to decide, to totallyh focus on pusing on the planning of the Campie Project. And that is a genuine suggestion, because I believe he has skills, but they would be better used  in that, & other areas.

If others accept that we do now need a change of manager ... & it is going to cost us plenty initially (But save us big money in the long term) should we be keeping our eyes on the Jack Ross, Hibs/Hearts, situation?

Or better still get right in there NOW & offer decent money?

Is there anyone here who disagrees he is the man for DFC?

What a relief if we could all agree on a new mgr appointment.

29 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

I'll try not to (after pretending enough's enough) but it looks to me like the whole thing's falling down again and unfortunately the person culpable believes he's doing nothing wrong. We won't lie down as fans but as long as we have an individual in charge who thinks he's right when it's glaringly obvious that he isn't our whole club is in serious danger. Anyone that thinks that's a wrong assessment needs to wonder how our free fall started and where it's going to end; I'd love to hear a recently departed director's view on that.

The delusion seems to have passed down to the manager too as he believes the game was close last night.

Forget outside influences like the league, DCT and the council, the club's failing from inside and that failure is manifesting in team performances. The league, DCT and the council don't cause the players to under perform, that's the club's doing.

I agree with that - it’s no excuse for the players . But I guess what I’m trying to say is that the three points are gone but there’s three up for grabs against ict. I remain convinced that nelms/ mcpake / an other being removed will not help . I’m likely in a minority I’m aware

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Gedee said:

Everyone of our past 3 to 4  New DFC Manager appointments, where JN has had a hand in the selection process, has had to endure initial criticism from a section of supporters/fans ... which has proved to be justified as the losses & dropped points added up with each passing games

In each case I've got to admit with each new appointment, I always believed, this is the man to get us back on our feet ...

I try not to put all the focus of blame on a new DFC manager for finding himself out of his depth ... He is offered a good position & he accepts, with the knowledge & the backing, he is the best man for the job & the club (JN) is right behind him.

I don't think anyone would disagree that the Americans (FPS) have always come up with the financial backing, when it come to supporting Our Club ... But in the area of Manager Selection, it appears to me, they have got it all wrong. First & foremost I think here, it all has to do with money ... Basically you get what you pay for.

And while they appear to be happy/willing, to financially support us in other areas, when it comes to making the most important investment ... A Quality Proven Experienced DFC Manager, they seem to believe this is an area where they can SAVE money ... And I can't see any logic in this at all.

I am not going into the JN problems here again, because they have been well discussed here. But it would be to everyone's advantage, were he to decide, to totallyh focus on pusing on the planning of the Campie Project. And that is a genuine suggestion, because I believe he has skills, but they would be better used  in that, & other areas.

If others accept that we do now need a change of manager ... & it is going to cost us plenty initially (But save us big money in the long term) should we be keeping our eyes on the Jack Ross, Hibs/Hearts, situation?

I don’t think we could match his expectations of finance gedee whether he was the right man or not. If mcpake were to go , the message to every manager around the country would be that the job is a perilous one , and likely a short term one. That does not attract many of real quality I’m afraid

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Gedee said:

Chopping and changing, either on the park, in the dugout or in the boardroom doesn't work, there will be exceptions but generally continuity bears more fruit, given time. We seem to be discounting the fact that Utd, with greater resources, (their willingness to part with the Shankland cash as an example) have taken 4yrs to build a side that looks capable of winning this league. We can press the reset button, appointment a new manager, with a new approach and new staff and players but it'll be a lottery as to whether he can hit the ground running in a notoriously difficult league. Anyone who things they can simply turn up in this league, sign decent players and achieve instant success is in for a rude awakening because the Scottish Championship will simply chew them up and spit them out.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 2

2 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

I don’t think we could match his expectations of finance gedee whether he was the right man or not. If mcpake were to go , the message to every manager around the country would be that the job is a perilous one , and likely a short term one. That does not attract many of real quality I’m afraid

Thanks for your response to my post DBK ... It' turning out to be another tough time for all of us. We are all in pain again & there is no easy answers.

I started this season stating on here (for health sake) I would not allow myself to be over-effected by another season of poor results. But like just about everyone else, it is much easier said than done. I am aware, mentioning names like "Jack Ross" is entering an area, that is well beyond realistic expectations ...

But again I look at ALL the money that has been spent & wasted on other managers, that seem to have used our club as a place to learn their trade, or pass away a few years before they finally drift away to oblivion.

I'm still of the mind DBK, that we should be looking into the possibility of finding high quality, experienced manager, that we can all get behind...

I believe it can be done.