Jump to content
The Dark Blues
Densparker

That Minutes Silence.

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Going to plan until that moron in the Shankley shouted. If only the p!shed up morons in the Derry had waited till it was over before they booed it would have been better for the club but they didn't and we were tarred by the same brush.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree , neither of the city clubs came out smelling of roses with that incident.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure they should do the minutes silence .. never used to in the old days and always potential for it to be a mess up like last  night. Especially with a load of the crowd having had a belly full of booze beforehand.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought we were actually worse. One shout from away end didn't merit that reaction 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No need for the silence but both sets of fans in Shankly and Derry need to hang their heads.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's why big derbies up and down the country have early kick offs...alcohol fuelled incidents are lessened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, StobbieDee said:

That's why big derbies up and down the country have early kick offs...alcohol fuelled incidents are lessened.

Earlier kick offs just result in earlier drinking times. There's always photos on Facebook of groups of fans in somebody's living room wi a bacon roll and a kerry oot early doors for a 12 o'clock kick off. People will get a bevvy in if they feel the need regardless I think mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Earlier kick offs just result in earlier drinking times. There's always photos on Facebook of groups of fans in somebody's living room wi a bacon roll and a kerry oot early doors for a 12 o'clock kick off. People will get a bevvy in if they feel the need regardless I think mate.

Haha I did say lessened not eradicated.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, StobbieDee said:

Haha I did say lessened not eradicated.

I just meant the alcohol will be necked over a shorter period of time and possibly even on an empty stomach too. I know at a young age I'd have had a good swally with mates no matter the k/o time. I just don't think the early time makes a massive difference and people just drink at home, on buses and earlier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We sit in the Derry and the folk round about us stayed quiet. There were some at the back and over at the side booing. Then the shushing started. It would have been better not rising to the bait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mary said:

We sit in the Derry and the folk round about us stayed quiet. There were some at the back and over at the side booing. Then the shushing started. It would have been better not rising to the bait.

Would be better not having the silence. I thought minute's applause was introduced to prevent the sort of thing that happened on Friday?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my lowest moments at Dens and there have been many. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Valentke said:

One of my lowest moments at Dens and there have been many. 

To be honest I was standing there expecting it; just glad it started in their end and not ours.

The reaction from The Derry (and some in Coxy) was very poor as well though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Would be better not having the silence. I thought minute's applause was introduced to prevent the sort of thing that happened on Friday?

I could understand that if its for the death of a former player etc.

But when you consider what that minutes silence was for on Friday its shouldn't be too much to expect everyone to observe it appropriately. Was a pretty poor show by fans on both sides. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talking of silences, does anyone know why there is not a day to remember those slaughtered during and after Culloden. If the reason is because it was a long time ago, when does WWI become too long ago?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Talking of silences, does anyone know why there is not day to remember those slaughtered during and after Culloden. If the reason is because it was a long time ago, when does WWI become too long ago?

It was originally held in 1919 to commemorate the first anniversary of the Armistice which ended WW1 on 11/11/1918.

I think it's evolved over the years to commemorate the fallen of all armed conflicts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Prince Buster said:

It was originally held in 1919 to commemorate the first anniversary of the Armistice which ended WW1 on 11/11/1918.

I think it's evolved over the years to commemorate the fallen of all armed conflicts.

Fair enough. I just wondered if atrocities carried out at the Battle of Culloden might have been ignored because the English army won that battle and were able to sweep it under the carpet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PB is bang on with how it has evolved. 

Becuase it now encompasses the fallen of all armed conflicts is the reason why James McLean is wronglly given dogs abuse at this time of the year becuase he chooses not to wear a poppy on his strip 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Fair enough. I just wondered if atrocities carried out at the Battle of Culloden might have been ignored because the English army won that battle and were able to sweep it under the carpet.

I kind of knew what you meant. 

Of course the 'British' establishment ignore such things; they like to pretend that jolly old England has always been better than that and that certain things never happened.

 

Murdering b*****ds.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

PB is bang on with how it has evolved. 

Becuase it now encompasses the fallen of all armed conflicts is the reason why James McLean is wronglly given dogs abuse at this time of the year becuase he chooses not to wear a poppy on his strip 

You can argue about intent and history but James McLean's gesture is a f**k You to the British armed forces.I'm not saying he's wrong but that's how I see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.