The Dark Blues
eyeothedug

Strachan. Can He Give Advice?

Rate this topic

I know that Strachan isn't supposed to be involved with first team matters but could he be used to give McPake some advice? Be a mentor to bounce ideas off?

6 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

I know that Strachan isn't supposed to be involved with first team matters but could he be used to give McPake some advice? Be a mentor to bounce ideas off?

I think it's been reported that he already has.

Does he want to?

Hibs and Hearts running amok after getting rid of their negative loving gaffers.

Im not advocating the axe for JM but he must change to an attacking style or pay the same price.

2 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I think it's been reported that he already has.

Well in that case Rev ... Could he stop giving him advice:chaplin:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

Why would he not be already?

He and McPake are friends and it's been reported that the senior of the two had a strong hand in getting the manager appointed. 

One of the main problems though is that no matter who is advising McPake, if his in game management remains this poor then it'll count for hee-haw anyway.

you can take a horse to water but you cannot make it drink it

i have a feeling that strachan said to appoint mcpake because he knew mcpake would get fired and he would then be asked to take over as manager

now I will put my tin foil hat back on !! 😂

Just now, BillDee62 said:

i have a feeling that strachan said to appoint mcpake because he knew mcpake would get fired and he would then be asked to take over as manager

I'd be amazed of that was the case. Strachan canna be arsed being a manager and I'm sure if he did want the hottest at Dens then he'd have been given it long before McPake.

He's here for a vanity project that most likely will bear no fruit. 

(I'd love to be proved wrong by the way)

8 minutes ago, BillDee62 said:

Bill, these secret, cunning, behind the scenes manoeverings, are maybe jist aboot possible ...

But when ye start introducing "horses" into our current problems, you're going a step too far:chaplin: