The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

Knew McPake was never gonna be up to this job, playing a small handful of games before getting crocked doesnae qualify you to manage the Dee.

It’s probably to late to save this season, but time to send the S.O.S to Sir Jocky Scott, McPake’s naivety is embarrassing us against they fuckers, I ken our recent derby history isn’t great, but 8-2 over two games is unacceptable, get Barry Smith and Big Rab in as his assistants, we need some proper Dee men in the building to let they sh*tebag’s know what it means to play for this club, the lack of effort we showed last night would never happen if the players knew Big Rab was waiting in the dressing room ready to boot the a**e of anybody not willing to die for the famous dark blue shirt.

• Wowzer 1

Hiya heads gone, hiya pal!

• Like 1

I’m with him get Jocky back 😜

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Knew McPake was never gonna be up to this job, playing a small handful of games before getting crocked doesnae qualify you to manage the Dee.

It’s probably to late to save this season, but time to send the S.O.S to Sir Jocky Scott, McPake’s naivety is embarrassing us against they fuckers, I ken our recent derby history isn’t great, but 8-2 over two games is unacceptable, get Barry Smith and Big Rab in as his assistants, we need some proper Dee men in the building to let they sh*tebag’s know what it means to play for this club, the lack of effort we showed last night would never happen if the players knew Big Rab was waiting in the dressing room ready to boot the a**e of anybody not willing to die for the famous dark blue shirt.

you mad GIF

3 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

you mad GIF

Still not as mad as the boy on P&B saying we should replace McPake with Levein with 100% seriousness.

7 minutes ago, rossbatchelor9 said:

Still not as mad as the boy on P&B saying we should replace McPake with Levein with 100% seriousness.

With his record.... no thanks.

18 minutes ago, rossbatchelor9 said:

The only manager who'd play less strikers than McPake.😁

• Funny 1

Jocky Scott and Craig Levein. 

Don't even bother closing the doors, just burn the fucker down. 

• Funny 2

Gents we have the Ginga Ninja who could be tempted or teased into looking after the side from Jan if it is not boding well, the next derby will be a decisive for McP however I get the feeling that the board will define it a success, if we are in a solid position for the play offs.

Jocky was a wonderful footballer I'm told. Wish I was around to have watched him. He also had two successful spells as manager so really is a Dundee legend. The only reason we should be calling him now is to invite him to events to celebrate our great history.

• Like 2

Yes, Jocky was a great player. Creative and deadly. He was having a good spell as Manager just as the Marr Brothers came in and changed everything. I feel privileged to have seen him play at his best. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rebbkintyre said:

Yes, Jocky was a great player. Creative and deadly. He was having a good spell as Manager just as the Marr Brothers came in and changed everything. I feel privileged to have seen him play at his best. 

I agree. I remember seething with rage when every Scotland squad was announced  and he wasn’t in it. He was probably overlooked by some donkey or other from the bigot brothers. If my old memory recalls correctly I think he only got one or two caps. Happy to be corrected if I’m wrong.

Sorry to take the topic off track.

Edited by Dandy McLean

Two caps, one as sub v Denmark. Man of the match in Moscow, 1971. There were a lot of call-offs so Jocky was called in as I remember it. 

He was devastating on his day.

Also scored a daft og at Arbroath... Wasn't there but I'm sure others on here were.

He had that charisma, like Pirie, though they were completely different players. Even on off days he could do something special. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sebastiano Nela said:

Why not announce Cathro and be done with it....

Cathro with Stevie Campbell as his assistant..

1 hour ago, jack12895 said:

Cathro with Stevie Campbell as his assistant..

Billy Dodds as forwards coach

• Funny 1