Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The Title

Cobra

The title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Can Dundee still realistically win the league?

31 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

I hear you Cobra - of course part of me is clinging on to the hope that the unexpected will happen but it's the same hope that is dashed 90% of the time.

That said, it really isn't a gut wrenching disappointment to find ourselves where we are - not like the feeling of losing to Utd at Tynecatle in semis, of reading that Jim Duffy's career was over or failng to beat Livi and going down

We've been much, much lower than this and plenty to look forward to this season. A play-off final against Saintees for example!

We both know the soul-crushing 90% reality but the Deefiant season happened.

How did Inverness go from W6 D7 L5 to W9 D0 L0 in 09/10 with the same players. It doesn't make sense. Football sometimes doesn't makes sense. I guess they had the nucleus of a great side and eventually it clicked. Well, Dundee have that nucleus, so we're still contenders IMO.

I remember saying on the official DFC message board (before it was shut down) that we had zero chance of winning the league in 09/10 even though we were top of the league around January/February. People said I was being overly negative but I could see that we were incapable of dealing with the ICT steamroller that was coming our way.

I don't have that feeling with United at the moment. They could potentially blow us out of the water but it's too early to say.

On another note, do you still live in HK? I've always had great admiration for Scots who've had the courage and adventure to settle outside of the UK? Are you embroiled in the China chaos?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
3 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

With a better Manager it could be possible but I just think that United have got their tactics spot on every time we've played them.

I still believe we have just as good a squad as them though and a more experienced man could get more out of them.

I think you're right. We're not far away. If United couldn't live with McCall's gameplan at Somerset surely to Christ we have the players to boss them over 90 minutes.

• Like 1

I don't think it's over its a huge task but no way it is over.

For me although Clark has chipped in with a few recently they are heavily reliant on Shankland and a serious injury to him could have major consequences on thier season. 

They might even struggle to hold onto him in January. 

So it's unlikely but it's not over by a long shot. 

Looking at the table we've only been beaten 4 times !! only Utd are lower on 3 defeats so take out the derby games and we are very even on points ... but that's the whole point isn't it they've won the big games and by a big margin so currently winning the Championship looks slim ... but if we can keep are form up against the rest then you just never know.

9 hours ago, Cobra said:

I know he didn't earn the right to stay on as manager but if we wiped the slate clean I suspect he'd have done a lot better than we think.

We've been over it countless times but McIntyre is a good manager who was totally ill-equipped to fix the problems in McCann's team. He'd have been a great candidate to lead us afresh in the Championship though but the damage to his reputation among Dees was irreparable and we were never going to get the chance to see if we could do for Dundee what he did for the Pars and get us promoted.

Replacing McIntyre with McPake just shows that no stock beats low stock in the eyes of fans. Doesn't matter if you're the Basil Fawlty of management. All that matters is having a fresh face in the dugout untainted by past defeats, and if you're a former Dee then that's even better.

Cobra, you know my thoughts on McIntyre getting anywhere near this club, in fact I'd rather they'd jumped for Neilson at the time but even at championship level without Billy Dodds on board I'm still not sure McIntyre would have been any better. 

Peel it back further and Jack Ross was the one that got away and we've been going backwards ever since.

12 minutes ago, DeeVinci said:

Cobra, you know my thoughts on McIntyre getting anywhere near this club, in fact I'd rather they'd jumped for Neilson at the time but even at championship level without Billy Dodds on board I'm still not sure McIntyre would have been any better. 

Peel it back further and Jack Ross was the one that got away and we've been going backwards ever since.

If we'd kept McIntyre, Kerr would've been punted and we'd have James Horsefield at right back. Enough said.

After the first derby we fell 7 points behind, after this one we are 9 behind (could be 12 if they win on Sat while we don’t play) so despite us improving and stringing together a bit of form, the gap is widening.

Sadly don’t see any chance at all of top spot and after Fridays dismal no show think we may well lose the last 2 derbies.

2nd place is totally achievable, results went our way again yesterday

Adblock Detected