The Dark Blues
Cobra

Signing of the Summer So Far

Rate this topic

Signing of the summer  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who has been the Dee's best summer signing up to now?

• Declan McDaid
    • Graham Dorrans
    • Kane Hemmings
    • Jordan McGhee
    • Shaun Byrne
    • Jordon Forster
    • Jordan Marshall

That's us heading into the November break so we've had a good chance to look at the new players. Who has been the stand-out signing?

Your vote can be for the player who is the most talented or the player who has made the biggest impact or the player you think has quickly become integral to the starting line-up.

I've only included guys who've been heavily involved up to now.

Not many votes so far but nice to see some folk going for unsung heroes.

We're all fed-up after losing another derby and rightly so, but we are clearly one of the top two teams in this league and we should IMO take the time to acknowledge some of these new signings who have settled quite quickly and delivered for us.

I'll do this poll again in the New Year and I think it'll be a tougher decision then.

With Dorrans, Ness, Byrne, McDaid, McGowan, Robertson and Todd we have so much quality in midfield, not to mention three outstanding forwards.

It's horrible to lose a derby but f**k me we've got great potential to do a lot of damage in this league.

• Like 1

Went for Dorrans with McGhee a close second.

Just feel that GD is a cut above anything we have at present and probably the best midfielder in the league.

Staying fit and being played in his best position will hopefully benefit the Dee in the long run.

Dorrans is class. Him, Ness, Byrne and McGowan in a diamond formation could be one of the best midfields in the country. I really hope we get our act together and dominate United in one of the derbies this season. I suppose promotion is more important though, and I don't see why we can't follow Livi up through the play-offs (assuming United kick on and take the title).

41 minutes ago, Budgem said:

Went for Dorrans with McGhee a close second.

Just feel that GD is a cut above anything we have at present and probably the best midfielder in the league.

Staying fit and being played in his best position will hopefully benefit the Dee in the long run.

Dorrans the best midfielder in the league?  He has played well in a couple of games but I'll reserve that accolade for someone who makes the difference in games and big games on a regular basis.  Takes the game by the scruff of the neck sort of thing.  My gut feeling is that I think we'll get more of what we've had so far this season from GD.  Games where he is good to very good and games where he disappears and is anonymous or a spectator.  Potentially the player who could see us into the final play off game though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Attilio said:

Dorrans the best midfielder in the league?  He has played well in a couple of games but I'll reserve that accolade for someone who makes the difference in games and big games on a regular basis.  Takes the game by the scruff of the neck sort of thing.  My gut feeling is that I think we'll get more of what we've had so far this season from GD.  Games where he is good to very good and games where he disappears and is anonymous or a spectator.  Potentially the player who could see us into the final play off game though.

Hate to say it but the best midfielder in this league is Butcher. He does everything our midfield doesnt. Wins the ball, commits fouls in the right areas and gives the ball to the players who can effect the game in a attacking sense. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Cobra said:

Dorrans is class. Him, Ness, Byrne and McGowan in a diamond formation could be one of the best midfields in the country. I really hope we get our act together and dominate United in one of the derbies this season. I suppose promotion is more important though, and I don't see why we can't follow Livi up through the play-offs (assuming United kick on and take the title).

Dorrens has the skill but on Friday night his passing options were zero, our midfield were not making runs or finding space.

Voted for McGhee. I dread to think how many more goals we'd have lost with Meekings and Forster as the starting CBs every week. 

• Like 2

To be honest the players on this poll have all at various levels done pretty well . One of 2 others not on the poll have not done nearly enough or been injured etc . 

McGhee has been most consistent closely followed by Marshall.

Mcdaid has been a good signing too.

Dorrans, hemmings are obviously very good players too.

Individually all bar McPake and ness have shown that they are good players at this level. We just need more consistency as individuals and as a team.

• Like 1