The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

It’s been clear for sometime that the bbc Scotland football gang don’t like the guy but it’s reaching new heights now. For those that didn’t hear his post match interview he was asked three times what yesterday’s result did for his chances and on the third occasion he finally reeled off a few facts about first win, first time they’ve scored 5 etc back in the studio you could hear the chocking in the likes of Allan Prestons voice.. they then interviewed Eddie May and the reaction to that was to take digs at Austin McPhees interview.

I’ve never met the guy so I’ve no idea what he is like or if he is any good but is the dislike because he didn’t play at SPFL level? Is it because he has long hair or is it because he isn’t one of their pals? 

I've heard Preston saying he's not very well liked in the changing room at Hearts - a few times. 

I suspect it's something personal - same as Stewart was for Levein. 

• Like 2

On 10/11/2019 at 14:31, Valentke said:

It’s been clear for sometime that the bbc Scotland football gang don’t like the guy but it’s reaching new heights now. For those that didn’t hear his post match interview he was asked three times what yesterday’s result did for his chances and on the third occasion he finally reeled off a few facts about first win, first time they’ve scored 5 etc back in the studio you could hear the chocking in the likes of Allan Prestons voice.. they then interviewed Eddie May and the reaction to that was to take digs at Austin McPhees interview.

I’ve never met the guy so I’ve no idea what he is like or if he is any good but is the dislike because he didn’t play at SPFL level? Is it because he has long hair or is it because he isn’t one of their pals? 

Probably a mix of all that! Anyone who doesn't take the conventional route into management/coaching is something ex-pros who have either never bothered giving it a go or who have and failed like to mock for some reason. It's like their ego won't let them accept that someone who didn't play at the same level they did might know a bit more about football/managing people than they do. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, an-dee said:

Probably a mix of all that! Anyone who doesn't take the conventional route into management/coaching is something ex-pros who have either never bothered giving it a go or who have and failed like to mock for some reason. It's like their ego won't let them accept that someone who didn't play at the same level they did might know a bit more about football/managing people than they do. 

Michael ONeill was interviewed last week and asked for his views- baring the long hair point his comments were aligned to our thinking. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Valentke said:

Michael ONeill was interviewed last week and asked for his views- baring the long hair point his comments were aligned to our thinking. 

He must be pretty highly rated to have coached at a good level, at least he's highly rated by O'Neil who has done a brilliant job with NI. Also worked with Mexico during the 2014 World Cup I believe...but Allan Preston who had 15 games in charge of Livi 15 years ago before being sacked thinks he's not the man for the job...

2 hours ago, Valentke said:

I listened to this particular interview, Michael O’Neill never held back on his opinions of the pundits, actually thought he came across really well. 

2 hours ago, an-dee said:

He must be pretty highly rated to have coached at a good level, at least he's highly rated by O'Neil who has done a brilliant job with NI. Also worked with Mexico during the 2014 World Cup I believe...but Allan Preston who had 15 games in charge of Livi 15 years ago before being sacked thinks he's not the man for the job...

Both pundits and fans talk like people don't change or evolve.Much easier to just take pops at folk I guess.