The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Gedee

Dundee Frontman Danny Johnson Insists Leaders Dundee United Are Still Catchable (Courier)

Rate this topic

The reason I put this up as a topic is because, although it is (again) further promises of (maybe) better things to come from DFC players, it does come from a player, who I believe has the will & ability to deliver. But the other reason for adding it, is to ask the questions ... Do all Dundee have the "hunger to succeed"

Are they fit enough? Are all Dundee players giving their all (in training & in game time)?

Alex O'Neil emphasises his commitment to bringing on players from the lower divisions. The reason he makes this a priority is because he is looking for players with the "hunger" ... He states this as a key factor to his club, his own,  & the players' success. I think in some games, going with some of the comments on here, players' fitness, drive, determination & commitment, may be absent.

I am not sure what is involved in DFC's Training Fitness Schedules ... How much time is spent? How demanding it is? How they determine a player's fitness & commitment. But it does seem (based on full game tv perspective) that in quite a few games, the opposition, are much more focused & fitter as the game reaches the 90 minute make (imo) whilst the DFC players are struggling to keep up.

In Johnson's article it is suggested (as I read it) the 2 Week International Break will give the players a chance to "reflect & rest" (my words) And be ready for the ICT game ... During this (no games) period, does anyone know if the Training Regime/Schedule is relaxed? Or do DFC use this period to intensify their physical fitness training & mental winning attitude etc?

I am the forgiving kind (I think) ... I'll generally accept DFC players' poor performances. As long as I know they have give 100%

Ask Ayr, Alloa and QOS how good United are.

16 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

And we may see this Saturday how they cope v QOS without Shankland. They lost 0-4 with him and Queens are in good form

4 hours ago, PolarBear said:

And they can ask themselves, Partick, Morton and Brechin how good we are.

Firmly believe they are still catchable provided we had a decent manager, we are massively underachieving with the squad we have. It is gut wrenching and hard to take watching these players stuttering, a decent manager in the dugout and we are more than capable of closing the gap and making a go of it, we can get out of this division this season no problem with the players we have, again though the common denominator is our lack of ability to get it right on the manager front.

12 hours ago, Ro55co said:

Firmly believe they are still catchable provided we had a decent manager, we are massively underachieving with the squad we have. It is gut wrenching and hard to take watching these players stuttering, a decent manager in the dugout and we are more than capable of closing the gap and making a go of it, we can get out of this division this season no problem with the players we have, again though the common denominator is our lack of ability to get it right on the manager front.

Up until now I see nothing to suggest that we will become a dynamic force under McPake.

From day one we have complained about the much repeated sluggish build up, yet he still he either persists with it or he can’t change it.

Imo he thinks the current style albeit horrible to watch, can get us at least into the playoffs.

If we don’t get a playoff spot which is far from guaranteed, I doubt he could carry on.