The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Gedee

Whitever Else Ye Dae, Dinnae Mention 'Poilitics' On the Forum !

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, BCram said:

Think we need a cult figure to rally behind. There always seems to me to have been players who our fans really liked, despite or sometimes even because of their limitations. 

We've got a few who could come into that category imo.

Just being stifled and not given the opportunity. 

Edited by Dondeh

12 minutes ago, BCram said:

Think we need a cult figure to rally behind.

Always feel more than a little bit uneasy, when I see that word "cult"

I've still never forgiven Holt & his Followers for that tomato season :tears:

• Funny 1

We're heading for a Tory landslide. Why do people vote Tory? They are proven liars more concerned with protecting the wealth of billionaires than taking care of society's most vulnerable. I don't get it.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

We are at a really particular important period as the countdown to Election Day continues (imo)

Thrusting politics & political parties directly is maybe not the route to take on this thread...However rightly justified & strongly you feel freends

Maybe better to try to avoid Political Party Names, to allow this thread/topic to continue. It's no an exercise in subtlety. It's testing & hard work.

So with that in mind ... I notice the Money Promises & Pledges (BRIBES) are now increasing with each new Party Statement as each Party tries

to outbid the other one. Hardly an hour passes & another statement comes out, about an ever increasing financial promise to us & our Country.

If interested, you can easily work out for yourself, who made the latest one ... 

"Certain Party"... "had previously pledged £70bn of investment in Scotland, but this is now to rise to £100bn over 10 years in the manifesto"  :happyno:

(It's guid tae ken they're awe thinkin' o' us during these difficult times):chaplin:

2 hours ago, Gedee said:

We are at a really particular important period as the countdown to Election Day continues (imo)

Thrusting politics & political parties directly is maybe not the route to take on this thread...However rightly justified & strongly you feel freends

Maybe better to try to avoid Political Party Names, to allow this thread/topic to continue. It's no an exercise in subtlety. It's testing & hard work.

So with that in mind ... I notice the Money Promises & Pledges (BRIBES) are now increasing with each new Party Statement as each Party tries

to outbid the other one. Hardly an hour passes & another statement comes out, about an ever increasing financial promise to us & our Country.

If interested, you can easily work out for yourself, who made the latest one ... 

"Certain Party"... "had previously pledged £70bn of investment in Scotland, but this is now to rise to £100bn over 10 years in the manifesto"  :happyno:

(It's guid tae ken they're awe thinkin' o' us during these difficult times):chaplin:

They all take us for idiots coming out with more and more outrageous reasons or bribes to make us vote for them. To be fair, they're right, plenty of us will pick a team and shout how great they are and how awful the rest are working themselves up over it only to be disappointed 5 years* down the line. 

Top tip, don't feel the need to affiliate yourself with any of the charlatans, they're all self serving and will do anything for power and prestige.

*approximate size, terms may vary.

I don't think making billionaires and billionaire companies pay more tax and redistributing this across all parts of society that desperately need it is a negative thing.

It surely actually makes perfect sense unless of course you're a billionaire?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

I don't think making billionaires and billionaire companies pay more tax and redistributing this across all parts of society that desperately need it is a negative thing.

It surely actually makes perfect sense unless of course you're a billionaire?

Of course one of the opposing arguments to that CW, appears to be, that this idea/policy is self defeating ...

That this will prevent (new) large investors investing in the UK. And current Businesses, either moving their Business (or their money) out of UK ... Of course, this is already going on, in the way of finding Tax Havens & Cheap Labour Costs. I am no expert at all in any of these areas & I am trying (as a wee self imposed test) to stay as neutral as I can & away (directly) from party politics on this thread.

But I will say, that those with power & money will always find ways of holding on to what they've got, & where possible, add on to their wealth ...

And more likely, at the expense of those, struggling at the bottom (imo)

• Like 1