The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Cobra

Rangers

Rate this topic

They were apparently liquidated and sent to the fourth tier because of an HMRC error. 🤣

Read that & found it 'questionable'....not that HMRC might make a claim much (ie, by £50m..!!!) higher than a company expects, but that (if they did) Rangers wouldn't have been able to hire a 'competent enough' set of accountants & lawyers to prove HMRC figures wrong.

Long may it continue, though 😂 

It's an absolutely I credible situation if true and one that certainly should not be laughed at. 

• Funny 1

4 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

It's an absolutely I credible situation if true and one that certainly should not be laughed at. 

If it happened to any other club I would be sympathetic, brings a chuckle to see the “Queen’s 11” brought to heel by the Queen’s financial hound. 

They got Novo to down tools to demand a cut-price transfer and gleefully took advantage of a loophole to get Zurab for buttons to send us towards admin. A few years later it seems they were wrongly liquidated after an HMRC blunder. My heart bleeds.

• Like 1

Hector has stated today that they made no error.

The club formally know as Glasgow Rangers were ripping the pish for years, the tax bill was the cherry on the top. Currently the second coming are doing a fine job over the past 7 years at spending mental money in attempt to keep up with their mates across Glasgow.

Wonder if we will see the third coming in the next few years, the odds of that must be getting shorter.

Ridiculous to see Rangers sympathisers getting in s froth about this. Hilarious 

Of more concern is they current level of losses. I would like to be assured that HMRC are being paid promptly.

Everyone talking about our stats last night and another example of stats meaning nothing. Rangers have had 29 shots. Hamiton have had 2 on target and winning 0-1.

4 minutes ago, Blue4evr said:

Everyone talking about our stats last night and another example of stats meaning nothing. Rangers have had 29 shots. Hamiton have had 2 on target and winning 0-1.

Yeah but 95% of the time when you dominant a game and pepper the opposition goal with shots you'll win.