Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Ict V Dundee

Cobra

Inverness v Dundee  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What'll happen up in Inverness?

2. 2. Who should be starting if fit?

3. 3. Do you fancy Dundee to get promoted this season?

I think we need a win on Saturday to stand any sort of chance of winning the league although I accept its a long shot anyway . 

I would have went 4-5-1 but think we really need to start the 2 strikers and bring Ness back in to the side .

Mackie was very poor in his last match and I think he's somewhat of a liability at LB if I'm being honest but I do feel that he offers something further up the park and delivers a good ball in to the box so I have went for him in front of Marshall .

Up front I've went with Hemmings and either Johnson or Nelson . DJ probably just shades it but we need to start getting both him and nelson minutes on the park and in their proper positions . I really feel for them both in particular Nelson who's being asked to do a job for the side in an unnatural role .

Hazard

KERR                             FORSTER                         McGHEE                           MARSHALL 

McDIAD                           NESS                             DORRANS                         MACKIE

NELSON/JOHNSON                  HEMMINGS

Edited by DBDU

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Players need to and can adapt. If JMP thinks that Nelson can adapt to playing left mid then accommodating Hemmings and Johnson should be more than possible. Johnson has always looked the better bet than Nelson imo so it was strange that Nelson got picked first. Not going to happen though and away against ICT maybe it shouldn't.

22 hours ago, BCram said:

Comments when Johnson and Hemmings played together was that they didn't complement each other, they made the same runs and got in each other's way. 

Would hope that after many weeks training together that this has sorted itself, IMO Johnson has proved to be our biggest threat and delivered the goals, I think he deserves his chance.

25 minutes ago, Davedee77 said:

I would like to see dorrans Byrne and ness playing in midfield 

I have personally spoken to numerous Dundee Supporters regarding Byrne and not ONE, has a clue to what he brings to our midfield, of all of the Livingston four midfielders, last season, we seem to have gained the RUNT, . of their litter and I mean RUNT, never wins a 50/50 tackle. Four year deal, laughable.

He played every game for Livingston when they got promoted in championship and played every game in the premier league last year until he got sent off im sure. I think he’s been really good the last 4-6 weeks. When he’s played as a sitting midfielder we have looked a better team. All about opinions though

13 minutes ago, Davedee77 said:

He played every game for Livingston when they got promoted in championship and played every game in the premier league last year until he got sent off im sure. I think he’s been really good the last 4-6 weeks. When he’s played as a sitting midfielder we have looked a better team. All about opinions though

I think he has gradually been coming on to a more than decent game.  Agree that he has played well in the last few games and I suppose that coincides with the 3 wins in 4 we have had and that also led to JMP getting manager of the month.

48 minutes ago, Attilio said:

I think he has gradually been coming on to a more than decent game.  Agree that he has played well in the last few games and I suppose that coincides with the 3 wins in 4 we have had and that also led to JMP getting manager of the month.

What surprised me about Byrne, after thinking he'd really turned a corner, was just how little he seemed to understand the derby. He wanted an extra touch all the time and was so often caught on the ball it was unbelievable. He constantly slowed us down and just didn't comprehend the commitment over technique that the derby 99% of the time needs if we are to succeed. 

He wasn't awful - guys like Nelson were simply asked to do a job they aren't right for - but Byrne was the night's biggest disappointment for me. 

Adblock Detected