Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Eddie May At Dens Today?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
25 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Disappointing that Jack is managing Hibs after turning down the chance to manage the team he supports not that long ago. We've probably had the worst run of results in our history since he rejected us.

Did he actually reject us or did nelms not just favour McCann after McCann did his infamous U-turn? I wish McCann stayed at sky. Could've left an absolute hero and we moved on to jack Ross. Not meant to be I suppose. 

Hopefully mcpake turns out to be another Jack Ross. Surely we have to eventually strike it lucky with the rookie manager gambles we keep taking. 

31 minutes ago, Dens Bound Rhino said:

Did he actually reject us or did nelms not just favour McCann after McCann did his infamous U-turn? I wish McCann stayed at sky. Could've left an absolute hero and we moved on to jack Ross. Not meant to be I suppose. 

Hopefully mcpake turns out to be another Jack Ross. Surely we have to eventually strike it lucky with the rookie manager gambles we keep taking. 

I'm pretty sure he looked at Hartley's squad and the budget available and said no thanks.

If memory serves me right it was a right mess from Nelms, first he could not agree a fee with St Mirren, Ross went on holiday, McCann then changed his mind and the rest is history. Ross came back from holiday and never had official talks with DFC. Did McCann not recommend Ross then uturned and wanted the job himself.

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

Disappointing that Jack is managing Hibs after turning down the chance to manage the team he supports not that long ago. We've probably had the worst run of results in our history since he rejected us.

Would like to know the correct story about this one. Massive balls up from Nelms I would suspect.

10 minutes ago, DeeVinci said:

If memory serves me right it was a right mess from Nelms, first he could not agree a fee with St Mirren, Ross went on holiday, McCann then changed his mind and the rest is history. Ross came back from holiday and never had official talks with DFC. Did McCann not recommend Ross then uturned and wanted the job himself.

Yep, it was something like that....... but it could all be bollocks of course... because I do remember a rumour of Nelms going to visit Ross on holiday. 🤔

4 minutes ago, BigG said:

Would like to know the correct story about this one. Massive balls up from Nelms I would suspect.

Yeah be interesting to know exactly what went down. I felt at the time that his stock was high and he knew he was in line for a big job down south and had little to prove at Dundee so rejected us.

Now that he's had his wings clipped with the Sunderland sacking he's ready to come home to rebuild his reputation. Steve Clarke was in that position and went to manage his boyhood club Killie. Now Jack Ross is ready to return to Scotland but of course it's not Dundee that benefit despite him apparently being a Dee.

1 minute ago, DeeVinci said:

His stock was rising but he hadn't won the championship with St Mirren at that point he'd managed to keep them in the championship that year, it was a chance to get a rising manager on the cheap when no one was looking at him, somehow Nelms managed to mess it up.

Is Nelms totally responsible for appointing new managers ? Just genuinely curious

Edited by expert

Adblock Detected