Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Welcome Home Barry

Cobra

5 minutes ago, Cobra said:

It's a great appointment from the club. It shows they care what we think. It shows they're aware of our feelings towards great servants. I'm massively encouraged by this appointment. I think it says a lot.

Totally go along with your comments Cobra ...

Maybe we're getting all, a bit over-excited here and reading too much into this

Some wishful thinking...The US guys are getting more in line with out thinking?

But whatever the reasons behind this appointment it gives us another chance

to reflects again our loyalty, long lasting love for DFC. A club we hold so dear :wub:

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
2 hours ago, Cobra said:

I've tried a number of times on here to suggest that Barry deserves a testimonial. I have no idea if anyone at Dens reads this board but I'm just thrilled that he's been brought back into the fold.

He made a ridiculous number of appearances (when we were a really good team) and then he rescued us in our darkest hour.

I hope nobody forgets what this guy did for our club.

Maybe he wasn't a world class footballer like Gilzean or Steel but some guys can make their imprint on a football club with commitment and desire.

Cobra I'm starting to think your losing it, a number of things have bypassed you recently must be an age thing 😂 

Barry had a testimonial year but it shows the morals if the man that he passed on having a glamour game and taking the money for himself as I think we were in or between admins. I think there were a couple of dinners etc. 

Back to your issue though I think he should have had a glamour game.

• Funny 1

6 hours ago, Cobra said:

Barry Smith is Dundee. Like Sailor Hunter, Billy Steel, Tommy Gallacher, Bobby Cox, Alan Gilzean, Jocky Scott, Tommy Coyne, Jim Duffy and other legends, Barry is up there. Well done to the club for giving this man a job at a club where he changed history.

You cannot change history, only make it.

5 hours ago, Cobra said:

And he was actually a really good defender at centre back and full back. The greatest gift Celtic ever gave us. What a difference he'd make to our current team.

A solid journeyman pro - that's all (imo). If that's all it takes to improve our current lot...............................?.

Having said that - I really think we've got some excellent players. Other teams would give their eye teeth for. 

Edited by Dondeh

17 hours ago, Dondeh said:

A solid journeyman pro - that's all (imo). If that's all it takes to improve our current lot...............................?.

Having said that - I really think we've got some excellent players. Other teams would give their eye teeth for. 

Unless I’ve completely misunderstood you...but ‘Journeyman’ is the last word I’d use to describe Bazza. He gave us 11 years of his professional playing career almost unheard of nowadays (and even in his days). 

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

19 hours ago, DFC1974 said:

Unless I’ve completely misunderstood you...but ‘Journeyman’ is the last word I’d use to describe Bazza. He gave us 11 years of his professional playing career almost unheard of nowadays (and even in his days). 

A journeyman is someone who is solid and reliable without being spectacular - perhaps a fair description for Barry Smith?

1 hour ago, HK Blues said:

A journeyman is someone who is solid and reliable without being spectacular - perhaps a fair description for Barry Smith?

The term 'journeyman' seems to have become almost a slur the way its used with football players, I've never quite got it because as you say it describes someone who is competent.

• Like 1

Adblock Detected