Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

No More Squad Overhauls At Dundee, Says James McPake

Gedee

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I’m not sure McPake can say that. The squad overhauls are a direct result of managers getting sacked and the replacements wanting their own players.

If McPake gets sacked after 6 months like McIntyre or 18 months like McCann, a squad overhaul is inevitable.

The manager no doubts sees himself in the job for 5 years but every manager has the same hope.

14 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I’m not sure McPake can say that. The squad overhauls are a direct result of managers getting sacked and the replacements wanting their own players.

If McPake gets sacked after 6 months like McIntyre or 18 months like McCann, a squad overhaul is inevitable.

The manager no doubts sees himself in the job for 5 years but every manager has the same hope.

I was just making a bit of "light fun" friend...On the basis that, what he says is irrelevant.

He's just got to keep reading, the Daily Advice on the Forum. And he will no go far wrong.

MORE SERIOUSLY,  IF HE CAN PICK UP ALL POINTS AGAINST ICT ON SAT, HE'S A HERO:chaplin:

32 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I'm totally guessing but I suspect that JMcP has been told, barring a calamitous collapse, that he's in the managerial hotseat long term. Nelms seems to make uninformed decisions but there's also been a number of occasions where the fans have said no and, maybe coincidentally, the club have adhered to that. I think Nelms is aware that the fans want a period of stability and I think experience tells the owners that short term fixes only paper over the cracks and costs them a sh*t load of money.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I'm totally guessing but I suspect that JMcP has been told, barring a calamitous collapse, that he's in the managerial hotseat long term. Nelms seems to make uninformed decisions but there's also been a number of occasions where the fans have said no and, maybe coincidentally, the club have adhered to that. I think Nelms is aware that the fans want a period of stability and I think experience tells the owners that short term fixes only paper over the cracks and costs them a sh*t load of money.

The thing is our board are the least trigger-happy we've ever known. They will leave a manager in place until the fans get angry and threaten a mutiny. If we fail to go up this season and we're 12 points off the top a year from now McPake will be finished. I like the idea of McPake growing into a top manager while at Dens and running things for 5 years. History tells us though that it's unlikely to go that way.

The success we crave (top four finishes and cup finals) is near impossible to achieve on our budget so managers are doomed to fail. After 2/3 years of mediocrity the fans get fed up and the excitement comes from the managerial change where we get to dream for a wee while that this time it will be different.

• Like 2

If we don’t go up, I’d imagine there will be a few away, not sure how many are out of contract also.....

Would anticipate a 2nd season in Championship will see budget cut a bit especially with lower crowds and fewer season ticket sales....

Suppose it all depends on how we finish the season.

Edited by Mr Sensible

3 hours ago, Cobra said:

The thing is our board are the least trigger-happy we've ever known. They will leave a manager in place until the fans get angry and threaten a mutiny. If we fail to go up this season and we're 12 points off the top a year from now McPake will be finished. I like the idea of McPake growing into a top manager while at Dens and running things for 5 years. History tells us though that it's unlikely to go that way.

The success we crave (top four finishes and cup finals) is near impossible to achieve on our budget so managers are doomed to fail. After 2/3 years of mediocrity the fans get fed up and the excitement comes from the managerial change where we get to dream for a wee while that this time it will be different.

McPake will, imo, (unless things go drastically wrong) be FPS's last managerial appointment. I think they'll persevere with him long enough to see Campy reach a conclusion one way or another. They'll likely move on either way.

• Like 2

Just now, Reverend Lovejoy said:

McPake will, imo, (unless things go drastically wrong) be FPS's last managerial appointment. I think they'll persevere with him long enough to see Campy reach a conclusion one way or another. They'll likely move on either way.

Calls for Hartley's head could be heard loud and clear at Dens before he was sacked. Some Dees personally emailed Keyes to demand the removal of McCann before NM was given the boot. Most recently the clamour for McIntyre to go was pretty intense with the fear that season ticket sales would suffer.

The board can offer McPake a job for life but if the results don't come after the manager loses more than 50% of the fanbase he's a dead man walking and the board will have to make a change.

Would love to see a bit of stability but I think the fans are ultimately in control of the manager's destiny.

Adblock Detected