The Dark Blues

Third Red Strip On Way Today

Rate this topic

Message added by TheDarkBlues

This topic is for discussion regarding our third season 2019/20 strip only!

No political armed forces/political discussion allowed or your posts WILL be removed.

Cheers!

2 minutes ago, Edin_Dee said:

We criticise Celtic for bringing politics into football(and rightly so) so disappointed to see us continuing to do the same every season with the armed forces. 

Last season DFC’s name ended up in the middle of the usual bile being dished back and forth between Old Firm fans on social media. I’d imagine it will be no different this time. Bit of a minter for the club to be honest.

As a one off it can be justified as just doing a bit for charity but when it is every season it becomes a bit of a statement and not so much about the charitable part. 

The merits of the British Army is a controversial topic for a lot of people in this Country and the wider world, particularly in the UK’s recent history. Some agree with what they stand for. Some don’t. 

DFC should be inclusive to all and not take sides in that debate. People support Dundee for football not politics. 

I wouldn't say I'm embarrassed by it but you have raised a few fair points.

• Like 1
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We criticise Celtic for bringing politics into football(and rightly so) so disappointed to see us continuing to do the same every season with the armed forces.  Last season DFC’s name ended up in

That was what I did. However I stress, like your son, I did it myself and was neither conned into it nor brainwashed but then we're both fortunate to be intelligent enough to see the opportunity and t

If you feel this strongly about this, then this topic isn't the place for you to vent your anger over. You really should contact the club and let them know that this offends you this much. At the

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Harold Finch said:

Watching the team over the last couple of seasons I thought we were supporting a donkey charity 😃

We were certainly derby donkeys anyway... 😣

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, bridee said:

Cheers for the insuation I'm simple.

The "try harder" is simply another insult.

Any chance of some logical answers as to why this miltary tie up with DFC should continue?

Military propaganda has increased hugely in this country since the illegal Iraq war.

Should we expose our kids to this?

Should we allow the UK govt to subtly brainwash kids into the army?

Should kids wear a DFC military top?

Should we allow them to join the military at 16?

Should we allow them in war zones at 17?

We dont let them vote till their 18.

They dont get the adult minimum wage till they're 25.

Apart from wrecking the lives of many of these kids through physical and mental injuries,they are then dumped on the scrapheap, with little ongoing help.

A disproportionate amount of homeless people are ex forces.

I'm very much on the side of the young soldiers,who make a decision to join up,possibly because there are,quite simply,no jobs,and I know plenty of guys who joined up for that reason.

I'm not on the side of the warmongers who will sacrifice the lives of these kids in order to gain access to the natural resources of other countries,and will quite happily allow kids on both sides to die,in order to enrich themselves.

Wow, is this what SSAFA do, they kept that quiet.

• Like 1

IMO. Of much more 'concern' / debate should be the colour of the current 1st strip that is at odds with our history.

If not.

Change the nickname of the team and this forum to 'notthedarkblues' 

Edited by Dondeh
  • Administrator
56 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

IMO. Of much more 'concern' / debate should be the colour of the current 1st strip that is at odds with our history.

If not.

Change the nickname of the team and this forum to 'notthedarkblues' 

I might change it to either, The LightWhites (Maybe not too PC these days), The SnowflakeWhites (Pretty much PC these days), The CardinalReds Or The BloodspiltReds!

I think the club are pretty good at using our history to inspire new kits and our current first team kit seems to have borrowed a shade fairly close to one used in the 80s.

Image result for tommy coyne dundeeImage result for dundee kit

Think the strip looks superb, but wish we'd stay away from supporting the same charity every year. Don't see why we can't mix it up a bit, especially since it's obviously a bit controversial (just need to read this thread to see that). At least we've stayed away from posing alongside big tanks this year 😂

• Like 1

Reading this thread - no matter your views - is an excellent example of why we as a club should move on from supporting the same charities every season.

Surely one of the fans close to the club could maybe mention to the board that it would be good to look at doing something different from next season onwards.

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, barkblue said:

Reading this thread - no matter your views - is an excellent example of why we as a club should move on from supporting the same charities every season.

Surely one of the fans close to the club could maybe mention to the board that it would be good to look at doing something different from next season onwards.

Personally I liked the idea of 'them' and us doing a joint thing for a local charity. Lets be honest though, in the grand scheme of things, its all very small potatoes. 

• Like 3