Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Third Red Strip On Way Today

Message added by TheDarkBlues

This topic is for discussion regarding our third season 2019/20 strip only!

No political armed forces/political discussion allowed or your posts WILL be removed.

Cheers!

Our owners are Americans, and are patriots. Makes sense they want to honour an Armed Forces charity. I really, really like the kit, and while I could definitely do without the soldiers on the shirt, it's far less egregious than the ones from the past that completely ruined the shirts. I think this'll be the first third kit I'll be getting.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
2 minutes ago, Edin_Dee said:

We criticise Celtic for bringing politics into football(and rightly so) so disappointed to see us continuing to do the same every season with the armed forces. 

Last season DFC’s name ended up in the middle of the usual bile being dished back and forth between Old Firm fans on social media. I’d imagine it will be no different this time. Bit of a minter for the club to be honest.

As a one off it can be justified as just doing a bit for charity but when it is every season it becomes a bit of a statement and not so much about the charitable part. 

The merits of the British Army is a controversial topic for a lot of people in this Country and the wider world, particularly in the UK’s recent history. Some agree with what they stand for. Some don’t. 

DFC should be inclusive to all and not take sides in that debate. People support Dundee for football not politics. 

I wouldn't say I'm embarrassed by it but you have raised a few fair points.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bridee said:

Cheers for the insuation I'm simple.

The "try harder" is simply another insult.

Any chance of some logical answers as to why this miltary tie up with DFC should continue?

Military propaganda has increased hugely in this country since the illegal Iraq war.

Should we expose our kids to this?

Should we allow the UK govt to subtly brainwash kids into the army?

Should kids wear a DFC military top?

Should we allow them to join the military at 16?

Should we allow them in war zones at 17?

We dont let them vote till their 18.

They dont get the adult minimum wage till they're 25.

Apart from wrecking the lives of many of these kids through physical and mental injuries,they are then dumped on the scrapheap, with little ongoing help.

A disproportionate amount of homeless people are ex forces.

I'm very much on the side of the young soldiers,who make a decision to join up,possibly because there are,quite simply,no jobs,and I know plenty of guys who joined up for that reason.

I'm not on the side of the warmongers who will sacrifice the lives of these kids in order to gain access to the natural resources of other countries,and will quite happily allow kids on both sides to die,in order to enrich themselves.

Wow, is this what SSAFA do, they kept that quiet.

• Like 1

Adblock Detected