Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Match Aftermath: ICT 1 - 0 Dundee (23rd Nov 2019)

TheDarkBlues

1 minute ago, Mr Sensible said:

I genuinely hope you are right....

But we are miles off it for me

Wrong shape, baffling team selections.

Becoming boring to watch with the painfully slow build up...

We have decent players, but he definitely isn’t getting the best out of them.

It's only an opinion, I just don't see the point in being permanently negative and writing everything off after ever single poor result. We are where we are, we're probably where we should be and we've got bags of time to improve and loads of points to play for. If we've learnt anything from this league it's that anyone can beat anyone on their day. Anyone who was expecting a brand new squad of players to instantly gel and hit the ground running in this league was living in cloud cuckoo land. 

• Like 4
  • Star Post 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
3 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

It's only an opinion, I just don't see the point in being permanently negative and writing everything off after ever single poor result. We are where we are, we're probably where we should be and we've got bags of time to improve and loads of points to play for. If we've learnt anything from this league it's that anyone can beat anyone on their day. Anyone who was expecting a brand new squad of players to instantly gel and hit the ground running in this league was living in cloud cuckoo land. 

I don’t think we should be 12 points off United after 14 games with these set of players.

Just too add that no Dundee fan expected us to be running away with the league, just to compete would be nice.

Dorrans, Hemmings, Johnson, Byrne, McGowan, Forster, Ness, Nelson

Just the names off the top of my head who will be earning rather nice salaries at Dens...

Finishing 4th but 20 points off top come the end of the season is pretty unacceptable to me.

Edited by Mr Sensible
  • Like 3
  • Star Post 1

Just now, Mr Sensible said:

It gets harder and harder with each passing year you are in this league..

We honestly can’t just write a season off cause we have a manager who should never have been given the job in the first place...

Punters are shelling out a lot of money for season tickets and PATG,and the bare minimum was a challenge at the top of the league with the generous budget he was given.

Can I ask you a hypothetical question, if you could turn back the clock would you have rather we appointed a different manager in the summer?

I'm just saying that from my perspective of what I have read and seen. I do believe he will be given time to prove himself. You never know he might have a bad season, learn his shit and skoooshhhh the league next season with a far weaker squad.

In all honesty, no, he would never have been given the job due to his lack of managerial experience at this level, but there is very little I can do about that now. I can just hope that he proves himself, as that benefits us in the long run.

2 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

It gets harder and harder with each passing year you are in this league..

That's not strictly true, Utd have shown that given time to build a squad you can excel in this league. Expecting instant success then ripping things up and starting afresh when you don't get it will make things harder because the owners simply won't find the motivation to keep spending what's required.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

He won't sack him though and I wouldn't expect him to do that either. McPake needs to be given time and we need to understand that this season was always going to be a write off due to McPakes inexperience. Nelms will give him till the end of the season and at least possibly until the middle of next season as well before taking action.

We are still in the top 4 so there is still a chance we can go up via the play-offs, I doubt it but the chance is there.

We need to get rid of this slow tippy tappy  sh*t and play 2 up front 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Took the words out of my mouth with all that above Rev. 

Permanently negative? 😁

1 hour ago, Mr Sensible said:

I don’t think we should be 12 points off United after 14 games with these set of players.

Couldn't give a f**k about Utd, the play-offs was always our most realistic chance of promotion. If we keep beating ourselves up about being miles behind a team that have been building for 4yrs for this we're in danger of coming off the rails completely. Utd are gone, the league is gone and we should concentrate on winning a play-off place.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

1 minute ago, Mr Sensible said:

No we shouldn't, but we are, again rightly or wrongly the fans are having a kneejerk reaction to every result that we lose. We the fans needs to show a bit more composure, patience expect that this season isn't going to be a cakewalk with results not going our way.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheDarkBlues said:

No we shouldn't, but we are, again rightly or wrongly the fans are having a kneejerk reaction to every result that we lose. We the fans needs to show a bit more composure, patience expect that this season isn't going to be a cakewalk with results not going our way.

Yeah but this 1 up front and slow tippy tappy crap is driving the fans away

2 minutes ago, Deeboy08 said:

We need to get rid of this slow tippy tappy  sh*t and play 2 up front 

The problem is this, this is the modern style of football and nearly every manager is getting their team and players to play this way. We have done it now for the last 4 years and I hate it. I just wish for a player who would take the ball and run at other teams and create chances for our strikers.

We just seem to get up the park and not take chances, and pass it back to retain possession because they do not want to lose possession.

Adblock Detected