Jump to content
The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Rate the Manager: Inverness CT (Away, 23rd Nov 2019)

Rate this topic

Rate The Manager  

19 members have voted

  1. 1. How did you rate the managers team selection?

  2. 2. How did you rate the managers tactics on the park



Recommended Posts

How did you rate James McPake's team selection, substitutions and performance today?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not got a clue 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McPake,please give dick Campbell a phone to see how to compete and win a game.you haven’t got a clue.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

f**k knows what that lineup was.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Cammy was the best Dee player against Utd, unfortunately dropped today for formation change.

Terrible start to the season.

  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gents, wasn't at the game due to travelling offshore however seeing the line up of Mackie & Meekings on the park at the expense of Cammy (MOM Against the Dabs) and Gowser, I am assuming an unfit Marshall ??, Nelson not in the Pool ?

It becoming a bit of a joke now, 3 of the better strikers in the league, a midfield that on paper, many sides would envy and we are back to the nonsense of the pre-season league cup. 

Bring Back Hartley, he is doing a better job at Cove Rangers, better still get the fermer fae St Johnstone

  • Like 1
  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't at the game today so will not comment on todays performance.  However, in a sort of mid term report on the Managers performance I can't really fault the standard of player that JMP has brought in.  In terms of how he is using those players you cannot hide the fact that we are just not getting best out of them.  We are playing in such a slow, cautious style I think it's stifling any creativity that these players have.  I doubt that Dorrans has played more square balls at any time in his career and to me it is obviously coming from the coach in that is how he wants us to play.

1.  Don't give the ball away at any cost and I mean at any cost

2.  Lets worry about the opposition much more than letting them worry about us.

3.  Lets take our time getting forward bearing in mind 1) and 2).

If we are to have anything  resembling success this season this has to change.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Star Post 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An inexperienced manager doing exactly what people who are inexperienced do, in pretty any walks of life, and that's to perform inconsistently. We'll have good weeks and we'll have bad weeks, unfortunately that's just the way it is, there's no magic wand and no magic formula. McPake has at least shown that can get results, albeit on an unsteady basis. Can't help thinking that the manager of the month award hasn't really done him any favours either.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

An inexperienced manager doing exactly what people who are inexperienced do, in pretty any walks of life, and that's to perform inconsistently. We'll have good weeks and we'll have bad weeks, unfortunately that's just the way it is, there's no magic wand and no magic formula. McPake has at least shown that can get results, albeit on an unsteady basis. Can't help thinking that the manager of the month award hasn't really done him any favours either.

sh*t it was hard viewing today, but that’s where we are at the moment up and down like you say Rev but still think we will finish second and would have settled for that at start of season, just need to bite the bullet and wait for it to come good, which with this squad I am pretty sure we will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

An inexperienced manager doing exactly what people who are inexperienced do, in pretty any walks of life, and that's to perform inconsistently. We'll have good weeks and we'll have bad weeks, unfortunately that's just the way it is, there's no magic wand and no magic formula. McPake has at least shown that can get results, albeit on an unsteady basis. Can't help thinking that the manager of the month award hasn't really done him any favours either.

Rev

My biggest concern is the damage that this style of p[lay is doing in the dressing room to the team, it must be creating a level of disharmony, at what point will this explode !!.

 

  • Like 1
  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BigG said:

I thought Cammy was the best Dee player against Utd, unfortunately dropped today for formation change.

Terrible start to the season.

This all day long , Cammy has not had the best of seasons , but against queens away he had up till then his best  game , next game he is dropped for a useless formation change , then in the derby he was the only Dundee player with pass marks , so yet again dropped for this useless formation change bringing in Meekings who is not fit to wear a dundee jersey, the guy is at snails pace the  whole game , 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Notso said:

This all day long , Cammy has not had the best of seasons , but against queens away he had up till then his best  game , next game he is dropped for a useless formation change , then in the derby he was the only Dundee player with pass marks , so yet again dropped for this useless formation change bringing in Meekings who is not fit to wear a dundee jersey, the guy is at snails pace the  whole game , 

The inclusion of Meekings drags down the performance of Forster, McGee gives Forster the confidence to be himself knowing that his occasional mistakes are mopped up by McGee, that is not there with Meekings. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Huggs66 said:

The inclusion of Meekings drags down the performance of Forster, McGee gives Forster the confidence to be himself knowing that his occasional mistakes are mopped up by McGee, that is not there with Meekings. 

Virtually every Dundee fan would agree with you. It's worrying to try to begin to understand the manager's thinking in bringing in Meekings and disrupting the whole back 4. From the first minute, he seemed to panic every time the ball came near him. Where do we go from here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mcpake is a youth coach well out his depth. 

You look at the backroom staff he has at his disposal compared with others. Then question his results. 6 defeats before Xmas in the fundesliga. Not good enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.