The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Budgem

Motherwell At Home In Scottish

Rate this topic

Dull draw that we'll probably get knocked out in. Hard to get enthused. 

• Like 1

Really p1sh draw - not much to get excited about.  Won't be a huge crowd, maybe moved to Sunday in order to suit the DABs, against a team we've played regularly and will probably lose.  At least we won't have to queue for tickets!!!!!! 

• Funny 2

Just now, Prince Buster said:

I won't be wasting my money going to see our boring team easily papped out by Motherwell.

Before anyone starts the 'not a real supporter' sh**e - unfortunately I am a real supporter and can't stand to see my team playing this boring crap knowing we'll get beat. £26 or whatever will be spent on something enjoyable.

• Like 5

sh*t draw. Motherwell are good enough to most likely beat us, but small enough to where they won't bring that big of a crowd. Waste of time.

I think it’s a decent draw. Give us a smaller team and we are likely to mess up. This squad are good enough to give them a decent game just like they did Aberdeen. Has the makings of a better game than we have been watching recently 

• Like 2

Middle of January....

Wonder what magical admission price the board will come up with....

Four games to be televised from R4 onwards. The ugly sisters will as usual be shown but with the draw as it is Utd or us v Premier clubs are definitely a possibility. We could therefore be Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday if selected making the crowd even smaller! Maybe one of the two broadcasters will pitch up in Dundee and show both of them.

7 minutes ago, troodee1893 said:

Four games to be televised from R4 onwards. The ugly sisters will as usual be shown but with the draw as it is Utd or us v Premier clubs are definitely a possibility. We could therefore be Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday if selected making the crowd even smaller! Maybe one of the two broadcasters will pitch up in Dundee and show both of them.

If Premier go with the OF as they always do, even though Utd vs Hibs looks like a bigger draw than Sevco vs Stranraer, I could see BBC picking both Dundee games, sticking us either on the Friday or the Saturday showcase match I suppose.

We were one ball away on the draw from getting Rangers. I think the game is after the January window opens so we will have a load of new attacking players ready to challenge for the one attacking position we will employ. 😉

• Funny 4

2 minutes ago, Double Blue said:

We were one ball away on the draw from getting Rangers. I think the game is after the January window opens so we will have a load of new attacking players ready to challenge for the one attacking position we will employ. 😉

Moussa  signing again ? I think we should play  a  9 1 formation  with Moussa camped in the box . In the 95th minute he can collide with the goalie and get a penalty which he will miss- 😉

Edited by expert
  • Funny 1

It is what it is but I give is close to zero chance of getting past the Well before a sparse crowd at Dens.  Will do the squad good to be tested by a strong side and it avoids the pain of losing to a lower league team.  Playoffs will be the highlight of this season

If Johnson's on, he'll score. Which means Jazza will keep him out in favour of Mackie or some pish.

• Like 1

Will there be  nothing in it  with Motherwell being lucky in getting a win, the Dee being unlucky not to win, and  the Gods agin us again ?

1 hour ago, Budgem said:

Probably Sunday.

Not sure why you think that. 

Hibs v Utd is almost certain to be shown on TV, so our day will depend on the day they are picked for...or indeed if we are picked ourselves as the fourth game. 

So while Sunday is possible, I wouldn’t say it’s probable. 

Okay, it's possible.

Utd first out the hat, mibbees Saturday.

Us out the hat after them, 'possibly' Sunday.

6 minutes ago, Budgem said:

Okay, it's possible.

Utd first out the hat, mibbees Saturday.

Us out the hat after them, 'possibly' Sunday.

That's never been a rule. 

It used to be a toss of a coin, now it's turnabout unless TV or other factors dictate otherwise.