The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Wattie Rojas

Our Team Might Be Quite Sh**e

Rate this topic

But I'll always be a Dundee Derry boy.

f**k the Arabs 💙

• Like 9

yip dee for life!!!

• Like 1

In my time supporting the dee since boyhood we have never really been consistent. It almost seems we are cursed at times, and we flatter to deceive. 

The championship is not full of world class players who are dazzling with speed and football genius. Most are simply well organised, hardy and work hard. I would even include the current runaway leaders in that description. 

Why can't we be the same? 

Seems basic and really we should be that as a minimum. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dee Forever said:

In my time supporting the dee since boyhood we have never really been consistent. It almost seems we are cursed at times, and we flatter to deceive. 

The championship is not full of world class players who are dazzling with speed and football genius. Most are simply well organised, hardy and work hard. I would even include the current runaway leaders in that description. 

Why can't we be the same? 

Seems basic and really we should be that as a minimum. 

I think I'd struggle to come up with the name of a side who've won this league after having just ONE transfer window to build a squad. We're there or thereabouts at present in terms of where I thought we'd realistically be but we'll continue to be inconsistent until we've got a proper plan, team and understanding of each other, in place. I think McPake will need more time, more windows and some jiggery-pokery to get things right. 

• Star Post 1

3 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I think I'd struggle to come up with the name of a side who've won this league after having just ONE transfer window to build a squad. We're there or thereabouts at present in terms of where I thought we'd realistically be but we'll continue to be inconsistent until we've got a proper plan, team and understanding of each other, in place. I think McPake will need more time, more windows and some jiggery-pokery to get things right. 

Hearts strolled it and even beat Cowdenbeath 10-0!

4 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

100% spot on 

• Thanks 1

I would get the one transfer window argument, if it wasn’t a transfer window that blows the vast majority of this league out the water financially....

Was getting told yesterday what the highest paid player at Inverness is on, was a total eye opener...

No wonder Robertson moans about the financial gulf when he plays either of the Dundee teams.

In Mcpakes defence he did seem to acknowledge Saturday was miles off it again in terms of where he sees the club..

I think he knows personally it’s a minimum that we have to be putting in some of sort of challenge to United at the top  and not worrying if Arbroath will overtake us in the next few weeks...

I also acknowledge that no game in this league is easy, but we have to be targeting 9 points from the next 3 games, two very winnable home games and an away game at a part time team.

Said it before, this is  a far better team on paper than last seasons 11, and it would be absolutely criminal if this season is allowed to drift to a point where we are 20 plus points off top come the end of the season.

The players and manager need to start earning there generous wages and fast.

• Star Post 5

2 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Hearts strolled it and even beat Cowdenbeath 10-0!

With one window to build a squad?.🤔

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Jesus we all get your argument. 

But, and this is a different opinion to yours maybe. 

The squad we have is massively underperforming

This rests at the managers door 

We should be performing better and be far closer than we are supposing the squad met on the morning of the 1st game. 

Far to easy to look for cliched excuses imo 

15 hours ago, offshoredee said:

Jesus we all get your argument. 

But, and this is a different opinion to yours maybe. 

The squad we have is massively underperforming

This rests at the managers door 

We should be performing better and be far closer than we are supposing the squad met on the morning of the 1st game. 

Far to easy to look for cliched excuses imo 

Totally agree that we are underperforming, this is a manager that has been well backed and more....

The one positive I take is that I think he realises this, he will be aware more than anyone that this set of players should be doing far better.

My big worry is that with the fans quickly losing interest this season, whoever the manager is next season won’t be nearly as well backed in 20/21due to a lot of money being lost this season coupled with the fact that income will be well down next season.

Its imperative our form picks up, to at least give the fans hope that there’s a small chance we can go up through the play offs..

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

Totally agree that we are underperforming, this is a manager that has been well backed and more....

The one positive I take is that I think he realises this, he will be aware more than anyone that this set of players should be doing far better.

My big worry is that with the fans quickly losing interest this season, whoever the manager is next season won’t be nearly as well backed in 20/21due to a lot of money being lost this season coupled with the fact that income will be well down next season.

Its imperative our form picks up, to at least give the fans hope that there’s a small chance we can go up through the play offs..

I remember after the St Mirren game saying to my mate I hope JMP doesn't get the job as I didn't want to get to November and he'd be under pressure and getting pelters.

I genuinely like the guy and hope he goes onto to be a top manager for us, again though we have entrusted a big job to a rookie.

In fairness his signings have been, on paper, a massive improvement on what we have had previously, but its been pretty turgid fare so far.

Honestly had no idea it was QOTS at Dens this week until I seen the topic on here, which I never thought would be something I say.

A decent run, some attacking football and a squad playing as it can and things can change quickly. I hope it happens soon

DDYB

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, offshoredee said:

I remember after the St Mirren game saying to my mate I hope JMP doesn't get the job as I didn't want to get to November and he'd be under pressure and getting pelters.

I genuinely like the guy and hope he goes onto to be a top manager for us, again though we have entrusted a big job to a rookie.

In fairness his signings have been, on paper, a massive improvement on what we have had previously, but its been pretty turgid fare so far.

Honestly had no idea it was QOTS at Dens this week until I seen the topic on here, which I never thought would be something I say.

A decent run, some attacking football and a squad playing as it can and things can change quickly. I hope it happens soon

DDYB

He wasn’t my pick, was amazed he got it over Goodwin to be honest after the McCann debacle...

But was prepared to back him, was genuinely positive after the Aberdeen game early in the season that we may have struck lucky with him and unearthed a wee gem, unfortunately as the season has went on that early enthusiasm has significantly waned...

Negatives.

3 clean sheets in 14

a minus goal difference 

one win by more than a goal.

worrying if Arbroath will overtake us

strange formations 

bizarre substitutions

derby embarrassments...

Positives

Finlay

a decent set of players on paper

still hanging onto top 4...

Genuinely hope we start to string a few results together, starting Saturday....

9 points has to be targeted for the next 3 games.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

No...with bairns.

4 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

No...with bairns.

Interesting point BCG. The youngsters we have seem to have dropped back a bit in their chances to play and we seem to be back to playing more experienced players out of position to try to find a blend. Would like to see the youngsters getting more game time, but it needs some change in thinking from management. Faster play from quicker players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

No...with bairns.

Hearts squad contained a few youngsters, much like ours currently. There were 2 or 3 like Sam Nicholson and Jordan McGhee, who were around 19/20, who played regularly but everyone else was in their 20's so probably not considered kids. There were more than a few top players in hearts squad at that time.