Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Pre-match: Dundee V QOS (Home, 30th Nov 2019)

TheDarkBlues

Dundee V QOS (Home, 30th Nov 2019)  

51 members have voted

1. 1. The result of this game:

Last game of the month before we get into the silly season of games all over the month.

The last three games between these sides have been decided by a goal or a draw, and the way we are playing at the moment I don't see this game as a high scoring fixture.

We tanked last weekend and I hope that we show more intent with a lot more shots on target (as 1 shot on goal is dismal to say the least).

What's your score prediction for this game:

2 - 1 the Dee, as long as we don't play crab football!

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
5 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Can't see us score the way we get set up. Can't see us not conceding given how fragile our defence is.

0 - 2

I think we will see changes this weekend from the way we played against ICT. I think JMc will change tactics and formation and we will see a more attacking side..... that is what I hope anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I think we will see changes this weekend from the way we played against ICT. I think JMc will change tactics and formation and we will see a more attacking side..... that is what I hope anyway.

I hope you're right. But he has to play two up top and drop out a defensive midfielder to make any real impact and I really don't think he will.

4 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

I hope you're right. But he has to play two up top and drop out a defensive midfielder to make any real impact and I really don't think he will.

If he plays a 4-2-3-1 then he doesn't need another striker, as long as he play's players in their right positions.

Byrne and Ness and move Dorrans up into his more natural position behind the striker with Todd and McDaid on the wings.

I mean, what could go wrong with that line-up ;)

• Funny 1

6 minutes ago, Huggs66 said:

My Biggest fear for this weekend, Marshall still unfit, McGee out Injured, which means that we will see a back four of Cammy, Meekings, Forster & Mackie, this has train wreck written all over it.

I hope that Marshall is back for this game, as he has been our most consistent player this season and is always solid.

I tend to want to avoid this phrase, but I feel for McPake and the fans' opinions of him this really is a must win game. It's one thing to lose to the best team in the league (even if it's in a derby) and away to ICT (where we've never won on league business), but we really should be beating QoS at home. If we lose this game I will have to question my attendance up until the new year.

Worst case scenario, we don't have Marshall, McGhee and Nelson.

If so, I propose this 4-2-3-1:

Hazard
Kerr; Meekings; Forster; Mackie
Ness; Byrne
McDaid; Dorrans; Todd/McGowan
Johnson/Hemmings

... or a 4-1-2-1-2:

Same goalie
Same defence
Byrne (CDM)
McDaid; Todd/McGowan
Dorrans/McGowan (CAM)
Hemmings; Johnson

Obvs slot Marshall into Mackie's position and McGhee into Meekings' position should they recover for next week.

He simply has to get them playing the ball forward instead of side to side. It doesn't help when you have 2 centre halfs who aren't confident passers (Forster and Meekings) and would rather pass the buck. Ness and Byrne don't really make incisive passes either, preferring to play the safe ball. Byrne in particular slows play down with backwards passes when he should be turning towards the oppo goal. 

Hopefully McGhee and Marshall are fit to play and I'd start Cammy too.

I'd go: 

Hazard (although I have doubts about him)

Kerr Forster McGhee marshall

Todd dorrans McGowan Mcdaid

Hemmings Johnson

There's an argument to say this team lacks a midfield ball winner but Ness looks completely unfit to me and Byrne has been poor lately.

Get the ball forward quickly and work higher up the pitch. 

• Like 3

There will be zero excuses if we don't win on Saturday.  I have a nasty feeling it will be a draw and I will be raging on this forum in five days time.  Let's hope another week on the training ground and the combined experience of the backroom staff will come up with a cunning plan that proves me wrong.  A defeat is unthinkable.

1 hour ago, Wattie Rojas said:

He simply has to get them playing the ball forward instead of side to side. It doesn't help when you have 2 centre halfs who aren't confident passers (Forster and Meekings) and would rather pass the buck. Ness and Byrne don't really make incisive passes either, preferring to play the safe ball. Byrne in particular slows play down with backwards passes when he should be turning towards the oppo goal. 

Hopefully McGhee and Marshall are fit to play and I'd start Cammy too.

I'd go: 

Hazard (although I have doubts about him)

Kerr Forster McGhee marshall

Todd dorrans McGowan Mcdaid

Hemmings Johnson

There's an argument to say this team lacks a midfield ball winner but Ness looks completely unfit to me and Byrne has been poor lately.

Get the ball forward quickly and work higher up the pitch. 

Think there's something odd with the Cammy situation. Harry also made the point at the weekend. He was dropped so didn't take part in the horror show at Dens v Partick, then played well enough in 3 wins against Ayr, Alloa and Morton and one of only a couple of decent showings in the Derby, only to be dropped in the shakeup to bring in Meekings. While we had all the sideways passing, he came on after 70 minutes and made some strong runs down the wing. So much so that 3 ict players were booked in 15 minutes trying to stop him. Of course he has his faults but I don't think we can do without his energy. In fact I wonder if any of our "coaches" have thought about utilising it better. 

Adblock Detected