The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Neil Cameron

Why ?

Rate this topic

Why is it every start of every season I am so full of optimism but so quickly my optimism gives way to gloom as poor results and performances kick in and am left to look for getting cheer from a point - any point - from anyone  and some memories of brief happier times had

As always once a Dee always a Dee though - got to keep the faith.

1 hour ago, Neil Cameron said:

Why is it every start of every season I am so full of optimism but so quickly my optimism gives way to gloom as poor results and performances kick in and am left to look for getting cheer from a point - any point - from anyone  and some memories of brief happier times had

To think, in one of your earlier (more positive) posts, I had earmarked you Neil,

For the now vacant "Deputy Vice President"  post of the "Happy Clappy Club" :happyno:

HCC Membership Update: After numbers dropping we're now back up to four :wub:

2 hours ago, Neil Cameron said:

Because rudderless ships flounder ? 

• Like 2

Because we are always chasing success and by the law of averages it has to come eventually 

7 minutes ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

Because we are always chasing success and by the law of averages it has to come eventually 

I'm chasing a lottery win, the law of averages is unlikely to make me a millionaire. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I'm chasing a lottery win, the law of averages is unlikely to make me a millionaire. 

You ken what I mean tho, every season we thinks it's going to ours and it has to happen eventually🤣

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

You ken what I mean tho, every season we thinks it's going to ours and it has to happen eventually🤣

Think it's down to luck more than anything though Beto, lucky draw, lucky goal(s), catching opponents on an off day, hitting form at the right time, no injuries etc. If every team is at full strength and play to their potential than we win Fook all.

1 hour ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

Really ?

I've got some magic beans for sale, they're a bargain, yours for a fiver.

Why is it that teams like St Mirren, Ross County, Hamilton and Livi can survive when their average crowds are less and their resources are less? Arguably, Perth Saints, Motherwell and Killie also fall into that category.

18 minutes ago, RafDonDee said:

Why is it that teams like St Mirren, Ross County, Hamilton and Livi can survive when their average crowds are less and their resources are less? Arguably, Perth Saints, Motherwell and Killie also fall into that category.

I'd imagine that the fans of these clubs have the same gripes as us and probably, looking in from the outside, wonder why we have managed to sign a host of very decent players.

The grass is always greener.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RafDonDee said:

Saints own a modern ground, have "funeral tea" income worth several thousands of ST holders. Ross County have a rich backer who has wiped out any playing losses, Hamilton have a ground owner who vary what they charge depending on the ability of the club to pay and they have a plastic pitch that they can use for community and youth revenue raising purposes, Motherwell have a decent ground and former owners who are supporting the owners. They also have  good record in cup competitions which has generated decent money. A good cup run could raised £200k to £350k at our full price ST of £350 that's worth somewhere between 570 and 1000 on the ST sales.

I think we are still struggling to find some consistency. A couple of administrations, a worry that the new stadium which is seen as essential for the future, a change of manager on a regular basis. They all add up to a scenario where playing winning football isn't working and does not appear to be the way out of our current situation. We have not looked comfortable in the top division apart from Hartley's first season there but post split we didn't win a game, I think. The rot set in then, a job done mentality spread, we lose Hemmings and Stewart and things implode.

We do a deal involving Allen, Bain and Hendry on a last day of the window fiasco, we lose  Kamara so we really should not be expecting very much. 

I think we need to encourage JMcP to look for an alternative way to use the players we have. The original idea of playing the ball out from the back was to reduce the lottery of the goalie lumping the ball forward, it's not meant to be a straitjacket that every player must embrace. They have to take responsibility for the decisions they make during each match. Move the ball forward rather than sideways, play players in roles that suit them, make substitutions that present the opposition team with a different style of play, not just another clone playing the same way. JMCP needs to trust his players and I think we need to give him and the players our support. 

Edited by BCram

49 minutes ago, BCram said:

Saints own a modern ground, have "funeral tea" income worth several thousands of ST holders.

This reminds of someone, but can't quite put my finger on who? 🤔

• Funny 3

3 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

🤔🤔

7 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Don't expend too much energy on that thought John ...

You might be entering, very dangerous territory here :jawdrop:

Just when you relaxed, thinking it was safe to go out :ph34r:

• Funny 2

The Nou Campy may  have a cremmie- that's a big undertaking .

• Funny 2