The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved

Rate this topic

Should McPake stay on and be given more time to prove himself as the Dee Manager?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Should McPake stay on and be given more time to prove himself as the Dee Manager?

Not creating this poll as a means to beat our manager with, just looking to get where our support stand with our manager at the moment.

Sadly yes he should go, really liked him as a player but he is no football manager 

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

should have voted No can you change TDB cheers

Out of his depth I'm afraid, has a team of decent players and is failing week on week to get the best out of them, at this rate we will not be in the play offs, as much as it hurts we need the like of a John Robertson, I would even consider the likes of Barry Smith to do a better job.

• Like 2

I couldn't believe it when Finlay was injured and he picked Moore as the guy to bring on over Byrne. I get that it's not easy being forced into a sub but we had an experienced option there with some presence and he goes for the youngster - baffling.

When you're in this league, you get tough games where things maybe don't go to plan and you need to interact with it through the game. I'm unconvinced he is capable of doing that, the way he sulked about and avoided talking to any of the players during the long injury stoppage was telling for me.

I really think we're just prolonging the inevitable right now. I don't mind taking a punt on a promising young manager but we've thrown a guy with zero official first team coaching experience (and only more than a year in football) and invested a lot into that.

Keeping him is gambling that in a year or two, things click into place and he develops. I get our previous strategy hasn't gone the best but at least Hartley, when he got the chance to build a side, had years of actual experience at some level. McCann and McPake have been massive risks.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I couldn't believe it when Finlay was injured and he picked Moore as the guy to bring on over Byrne. I get that it's not easy being forced into a sub but we had an experienced option there with some presence and he goes for the youngster - baffling.

When you're in this league, you get tough games where things maybe don't go to plan and you need to interact with it through the game. I'm unconvinced he is capable of doing that, the way he sulked about and avoided talking to any of the players during the long injury stoppage was telling for me.

I really think we're just prolonging the inevitable right now. I don't mind taking a punt on a promising young manager but we've thrown a guy with zero official first team coaching experience (and only more than a year in football) and invested a lot into that.

Keeping him is gambling that in a year or two, things click into place and he develops. I get our previous strategy hasn't gone the best but at least Hartley, when he got the chance to build a side, had years of actual experience at some level. McCann and McPake have been massive risks.

He has to go now to give us a chance of achieving a play off place. The players don't believe in him and the fans are after his hide.  McPake was a much bigger  risk than McCann, if only because of the failure of McCann. McPake is schooled in the same gutless slow style. The bigger worry is who we would get as a replacement. McPake doesn't seem to learn and Nelms doesn't either. Please not Barry Smith. Great clubman but failure as a manager.

Edited by Parcbara
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, harry94 said:

It's just terrible man management, similar to dropping Kerr for Meekings last week. He must have fallen out with Byrne, no idea where Gowser was but wouldn't be surprised if he told him a few home truths! He has to go.

7 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

Either way.... he's going 

Know something?

34 minutes ago, gblue said:

should have voted No can you change TDB cheers

You can reselect your vote, there is a button to take you back to the poll options.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

I cannot imagine that McPake would walk away nor can I see the Board sacking him for the time being. I believe he will be given to the end of the season and time to turn things around.

9 minutes ago, Parcbara said:

He has to go now to give us a chance of achieving a play off place. The players don't believe in him and the fans are after his hide.  McPake was a much bigger  risk than McCann, if only because of the failure of McCann. McPake is schooled in the same gutless slow style. The bigger worry is who we would get as a replacement. McPake doesn't seem to learn and Nelms doesn't either. Please not Barry Smith. Great clubman but failure as a manager.

I agree not Barry in the longer term but if he got the job on an intermediary basis now, I would cheer from the rooftops.

JM has no idea what he is doing and the players are not trying.

Its a toxic mix.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

Hiya Tim, hiya pal!? 

• Funny 2

1 minute ago, Spiritof62 said:

I agree not Barry in the longer term but if he got the job on an intermediary basis now, I would cheer from the rooftops.

JM has no idea what he is doing and the players are not trying.

Its a toxic mix.

The only person I want to see take over would be Strachan from our staff.

I cannot see things changing any time soon, so as long as McPake is our manager he will get my backing, but he needs to start learning from his mistakes quickly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I cannot see things changing any time soon, so as long as McPake is our manager he will get my backing, but he needs to start learning from his mistakes quickly.

He wont learn. Hes the exact 50/50 mix of McCann and McIntyre. This is the beginning of a 8-9 match losing streak, mark my words. 

Edited by ThelegendthatisBeto

Just now, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

He wont learn. Hes the exact 50/50 mix of McCann and McIntyre. This is the beginning of a 7-8 match losing streak, mark my words 

If we go into a 7-8 match losing streak, and then that could mean we will be mid table and out of the play-offs.... would that move the board into changing managers yet again?

1 minute ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Surely Mc Pake does not deserve any backing as imo  he has bitten off more than he can chew and is ruining a squad which should be doing much  better.He should go now before it gets worse...if that is possible.

1 minute ago, TheDarkBlues said:

If we go into a 7-8 match losing streak, and then that could mean we will be mid table and out of the play-offs.... would that move the board into changing managers yet again?

You would hope so

Like the man, would have him return to U18s, but not up for the job sadly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

You would hope so

I always believe that a manager should go before a transfer window, rather than after it.

I like McPake and it just pisses me of that yet again another Dundee player who I admire will go from Zero to Hero because he was picked as out manager. I want to give him more time to turn things around, but I just don't see our support giving him that time required.

• Like 1