Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

McPake Poll

TheDarkBlues

Should McPake stay on and be given more time to prove himself as the Dee Manager?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Should McPake stay on and be given more time to prove himself as the Dee Manager?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Out of his depth I'm afraid, has a team of decent players and is failing week on week to get the best out of them, at this rate we will not be in the play offs, as much as it hurts we need the like of a John Robertson, I would even consider the likes of Barry Smith to do a better job.

I couldn't believe it when Finlay was injured and he picked Moore as the guy to bring on over Byrne. I get that it's not easy being forced into a sub but we had an experienced option there with some presence and he goes for the youngster - baffling.

When you're in this league, you get tough games where things maybe don't go to plan and you need to interact with it through the game. I'm unconvinced he is capable of doing that, the way he sulked about and avoided talking to any of the players during the long injury stoppage was telling for me.

I really think we're just prolonging the inevitable right now. I don't mind taking a punt on a promising young manager but we've thrown a guy with zero official first team coaching experience (and only more than a year in football) and invested a lot into that.

Keeping him is gambling that in a year or two, things click into place and he develops. I get our previous strategy hasn't gone the best but at least Hartley, when he got the chance to build a side, had years of actual experience at some level. McCann and McPake have been massive risks.

4 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I couldn't believe it when Finlay was injured and he picked Moore as the guy to bring on over Byrne. I get that it's not easy being forced into a sub but we had an experienced option there with some presence and he goes for the youngster - baffling.

When you're in this league, you get tough games where things maybe don't go to plan and you need to interact with it through the game. I'm unconvinced he is capable of doing that, the way he sulked about and avoided talking to any of the players during the long injury stoppage was telling for me.

I really think we're just prolonging the inevitable right now. I don't mind taking a punt on a promising young manager but we've thrown a guy with zero official first team coaching experience (and only more than a year in football) and invested a lot into that.

Keeping him is gambling that in a year or two, things click into place and he develops. I get our previous strategy hasn't gone the best but at least Hartley, when he got the chance to build a side, had years of actual experience at some level. McCann and McPake have been massive risks.

He has to go now to give us a chance of achieving a play off place. The players don't believe in him and the fans are after his hide.  McPake was a much bigger  risk than McCann, if only because of the failure of McCann. McPake is schooled in the same gutless slow style. The bigger worry is who we would get as a replacement. McPake doesn't seem to learn and Nelms doesn't either. Please not Barry Smith. Great clubman but failure as a manager.

Edited by Parcbara

6 minutes ago, harry94 said:

It's just terrible man management, similar to dropping Kerr for Meekings last week. He must have fallen out with Byrne, no idea where Gowser was but wouldn't be surprised if he told him a few home truths! He has to go.

9 minutes ago, Parcbara said:

He has to go now to give us a chance of achieving a play off place. The players don't believe in him and the fans are after his hide.  McPake was a much bigger  risk than McCann, if only because of the failure of McCann. McPake is schooled in the same gutless slow style. The bigger worry is who we would get as a replacement. McPake doesn't seem to learn and Nelms doesn't either. Please not Barry Smith. Great clubman but failure as a manager.

I agree not Barry in the longer term but if he got the job on an intermediary basis now, I would cheer from the rooftops.

JM has no idea what he is doing and the players are not trying.

Its a toxic mix.

Adblock Detected