The Dark Blues
This forum is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

McPake Poll

Rate this topic

Should McPake stay on and be given more time to prove himself as the Dee Manager?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Should McPake stay on and be given more time to prove himself as the Dee Manager?

• Administrator

Not creating this poll as a means to beat our manager with, just looking to get where our support stand with our manager at the moment.

This forum is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mate go to Dens and speak to guys who go  week in week out... guys that won’t renew there season tickets next season as they have had enough guys that will sit in the pub in Arbroath ne

Worst display ive seen since the Kearno  Disaster!!!

I find it incredible that anyone would be happy to see McPake get more time - we have Arbroath and Dunfermline coming up, two sides that are better organised than we are and that can score goals, both

Out of his depth I'm afraid, has a team of decent players and is failing week on week to get the best out of them, at this rate we will not be in the play offs, as much as it hurts we need the like of a John Robertson, I would even consider the likes of Barry Smith to do a better job.

• Like 2

I couldn't believe it when Finlay was injured and he picked Moore as the guy to bring on over Byrne. I get that it's not easy being forced into a sub but we had an experienced option there with some presence and he goes for the youngster - baffling.

When you're in this league, you get tough games where things maybe don't go to plan and you need to interact with it through the game. I'm unconvinced he is capable of doing that, the way he sulked about and avoided talking to any of the players during the long injury stoppage was telling for me.

I really think we're just prolonging the inevitable right now. I don't mind taking a punt on a promising young manager but we've thrown a guy with zero official first team coaching experience (and only more than a year in football) and invested a lot into that.

Keeping him is gambling that in a year or two, things click into place and he develops. I get our previous strategy hasn't gone the best but at least Hartley, when he got the chance to build a side, had years of actual experience at some level. McCann and McPake have been massive risks.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I couldn't believe it when Finlay was injured and he picked Moore as the guy to bring on over Byrne. I get that it's not easy being forced into a sub but we had an experienced option there with some presence and he goes for the youngster - baffling.

When you're in this league, you get tough games where things maybe don't go to plan and you need to interact with it through the game. I'm unconvinced he is capable of doing that, the way he sulked about and avoided talking to any of the players during the long injury stoppage was telling for me.

I really think we're just prolonging the inevitable right now. I don't mind taking a punt on a promising young manager but we've thrown a guy with zero official first team coaching experience (and only more than a year in football) and invested a lot into that.

Keeping him is gambling that in a year or two, things click into place and he develops. I get our previous strategy hasn't gone the best but at least Hartley, when he got the chance to build a side, had years of actual experience at some level. McCann and McPake have been massive risks.

He has to go now to give us a chance of achieving a play off place. The players don't believe in him and the fans are after his hide.  McPake was a much bigger  risk than McCann, if only because of the failure of McCann. McPake is schooled in the same gutless slow style. The bigger worry is who we would get as a replacement. McPake doesn't seem to learn and Nelms doesn't either. Please not Barry Smith. Great clubman but failure as a manager.

Edited by Parcbara
  • Like 3
6 minutes ago, harry94 said:

It's just terrible man management, similar to dropping Kerr for Meekings last week. He must have fallen out with Byrne, no idea where Gowser was but wouldn't be surprised if he told him a few home truths! He has to go.

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, gblue said:

should have voted No can you change TDB cheers

You can reselect your vote, there is a button to take you back to the poll options.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
8 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

Either way.... he's going 

I cannot imagine that McPake would walk away nor can I see the Board sacking him for the time being. I believe he will be given to the end of the season and time to turn things around.

9 minutes ago, Parcbara said:

He has to go now to give us a chance of achieving a play off place. The players don't believe in him and the fans are after his hide.  McPake was a much bigger  risk than McCann, if only because of the failure of McCann. McPake is schooled in the same gutless slow style. The bigger worry is who we would get as a replacement. McPake doesn't seem to learn and Nelms doesn't either. Please not Barry Smith. Great clubman but failure as a manager.

I agree not Barry in the longer term but if he got the job on an intermediary basis now, I would cheer from the rooftops.

JM has no idea what he is doing and the players are not trying.

Its a toxic mix.

• Like 2
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Spiritof62 said:

I agree not Barry in the longer term but if he got the job on an intermediary basis now, I would cheer from the rooftops.

JM has no idea what he is doing and the players are not trying.

Its a toxic mix.

The only person I want to see take over would be Strachan from our staff.

I cannot see things changing any time soon, so as long as McPake is our manager he will get my backing, but he needs to start learning from his mistakes quickly.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

The only person I want to see take over would be Strachan from our staff.

I cannot see things changing any time soon, so as long as McPake is our manager he will get my backing, but he needs to start learning from his mistakes quickly.

He wont learn. Hes the exact 50/50 mix of McCann and McIntyre. This is the beginning of a 8-9 match losing streak, mark my words. 

Edited by ThelegendthatisBeto