The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

McPake Poll

Rate this topic

Should McPake stay on and be given more time to prove himself as the Dee Manager?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Should McPake stay on and be given more time to prove himself as the Dee Manager?

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

IMO he's being failed by his players who aren't working nearly hard enough. His mate Dorrans is great at hiding when there's graft to be done.

Your a Bit late saying this now, being saying this since the Elgin SHAMBLES, his signings have been taking the Total PHISH,

1 minute ago, CammiesTash said:

risk losing their job ? no thanks.

it was mcpake wasn't it..admit it go on 🤣

• Funny 2

He appears to have no idea how to motivate a team, play fast tempo stuff and his teams look like McCanns. Opposition just watch us passing brilliantly in our own half then when we move forward, if we ever do, they take the ball off us like sweeties off a bairn.

We have no bottle, skill, tactics, ideas, passion, need I go on.

liked him as a player but he does not seem to get his own style into the players, who look like they dont know what to do.

all the hard work in football is done by those without the ball. Ours just stand aboot.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

I couldn't believe it when Finlay was injured and he picked Moore as the guy to bring on over Byrne. I get that it's not easy being forced into a sub but we had an experienced option there with some presence and he goes for the youngster - baffling.

When you're in this league, you get tough games where things maybe don't go to plan and you need to interact with it through the game. I'm unconvinced he is capable of doing that, the way he sulked about and avoided talking to any of the players during the long injury stoppage was telling for me.

I really think we're just prolonging the inevitable right now. I don't mind taking a punt on a promising young manager but we've thrown a guy with zero official first team coaching experience (and only more than a year in football) and invested a lot into that.

Keeping him is gambling that in a year or two, things click into place and he develops. I get our previous strategy hasn't gone the best but at least Hartley, when he got the chance to build a side, had years of actual experience at some level. McCann and McPake have been massive risks.

Agree. He brought on a youngster at crucial time instead of Byrne, a player he gave a 3 year contract to. Btw I think he's gone. I noticed that when we scored, he just stood and didn't react at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

It wasn't a hammering though, it could've just as easily been a draw as a hammering today.

JMP thinks possession wins matches. We had 61%. The problem was they had 8 shots on target to our 2. 

1 hour ago, nemsadzDEE said:

Hiya Tim, hiya pal!? 

You’re a rare breed that can make me laugh out loud tonight nemsadzdee- thanks 

• Like 1

Poll very damning - lots of folk in there that I listen to 

32 minutes ago, charliedee said:

Hartley did this with harkins and it ended badly for him.

Aye, nobody deserves to end up at Ayr.. 

• Funny 4

40 minutes ago, CammiesTash said:

was told there was a falling out with mcgowan and mcpake last week

McGowan's bairn is ill and he was excused from today's game. Sounds fairly serious going by the best wishes messages on Twitter.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Blue4evr said:

Agree. He brought on a youngster at crucial time instead of Byrne, a player he gave a 3 year contract to. Btw I think he's gone. I noticed that when we scored, he just stood and didn't react at all.

Actually thought Moore played well and I thought it was his swift tackle that sprung the ball for Johnson's goal. Could be wrong. 

• Like 1

Last week I thought that another management change will just see us start yet another rebuild which the club needs like a hole in the head. However, I can't see how this nightmare can continue to go on.

Monitoring our 'shots on target' is becoming an unhealthy obsession for me and I bore myself when discussing it, so I apologise for bringing it up yet again but... it took us an hour again today and we didn't look like getting another. Our system is just so laboured and predictable that it's almost laughable. QotS had more shots on target today than we've had in the last 3 games. I never thought I'd be comparing a manager to McCann ever again, let alone so soon yet this one, unbelievably, seems worse.

• Like 2

Today was absolutely pish. Left before the equaliser because it was freezing and I thought we could have played all night and not scored. Was surprised to hear a roar as I was walking down Dens Road. When I went to check who scored I saw the QotS goal pop up. Couldn’t make it up. Deserved nothing from the game, given a lifeline, and still manage to mess it up. Incredible. Have my doubts McPake will ever make it as a manager, but I am willing to give him a bit more time. Mostly because I don’t think there’s anyone available who I would like to see take over. McGhee (pals with Strachan) or someone like Yogi give me the fear but I think we are just delaying the inevitable. He won’t see out the season I don’t think. 

1 hour ago, Huggs66 said:

If McPake gets past Monday night, his last chance saloon has got to be the next 2 games, if he does not get wins out of those ahead of the derby, he will be deed.

Can imagine that after today the Snr Team will be drawing up a list of potential replacements, we don't need a squad overall, just a decent Centre Half and a manager with a spine.

Yet again Johnson comes off the bench and does the business whilst the "Pop Star" Hemmings fails again, along with others..  Quite scary that the players that many were baying for their blood Hamilton, Kerr and to a lesser degree Gowser are the ones that are rising to the top.

Hemmings Contract, is Massive, (nearly 3 years) for a player, who doesn't mix with the other players, does his training, then f**k's off, not popular in the Dressing Room, thinks he's better than everyone one else, what's that now from him ONLY two goals, from Mr Big Baws no wonder Johnson, celebrated his Goal, pointing into JWP's Direction.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

He appears to have no idea how to motivate a team, play fast tempo stuff and his teams look like McCanns. Opposition just watch us passing brilliantly in our own half then when we move forward, if we ever do, they take the ball off us like sweeties off a bairn.

We have no bottle, skill, tactics, ideas, passion, need I go on.

liked him as a player but he does not seem to get his own style into the players, who look like they dont know what to do.

all the hard work in football is done by those without the ball. Ours just stand aboot.

It's a lazy style of play ,an easy shift for the players and even easier for the opposition to play against.  The midfield basically only move slowly  between the boxes mostly keeping behind the ball and playing easy short passes that get them nowhere.  Nobody is making the lung busting off the ball runs into space that give the opposition something to worry about , often are unrewarded at the time but are absolutely vital in creating space for others and dragging the defenders into areas they don't like . Nobody is running directly at the opposition defence , taking them on and getting a shot away.

No, it's much easier just making short runs ,short passes , keeping goal side and taking no risks as they meander about the pitch . Only 3 problems with it I can see are that it makes us the easiest team in the league to play against , it's a losing style of football and its absolutely mind numbing for us supporters to endure.

2 minutes ago, Rocky Boy said:

Hemmings Contract, is Massive, (nearly 3 years) for a player, who doesn't mix with the other players, does his training, then f**k's off, not popular in the Dressing Room, thinks he's better than everyone one else, what's that now from him ONLY two goals, from Mr Big Baws no wonder Johnson, celebrated his Goal, pointing into JWP's Direction.

Hemmings  has no service ,doesn’t matter what he does off field he’s a proven goal scorer big baws or no.jmp is the problem.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deerealist said:

Hemmings  has no service ,doesn’t matter what he does off field he’s a proven goal scorer big baws or no.jmp is the problem.

NOT up till now, when it matters😢😢😢😢

2 minutes ago, Rocky Boy said:

NOT up till now, when it matters😢😢😢😢

No service,no goals.same with almost any striker.

2 hours ago, nemsadzDEE said:

It's just terrible man management, similar to dropping Kerr for Meekings last week. He must have fallen out with Byrne, no idea where Gowser was but wouldn't be surprised if he told him a few home truths! He has to go.

Seemingly gowsers child took not well.

Confidence, or lack of it, is holding us back. The manager is inexperienced and making mistakes but the players aren't showing for the ball, some go hiding and other take the easy option. We were looking good for a relatively handsome win in the early stages of today's game but Dobbie's goal was enough to knock the stuffing out of us as our fragile confidence showed. Far too often certain players played it safe rather than playing an offensive pass or driving forward and that's not from the managers instructions that a confidence thing.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Rocky Boy said:

Nothing more than rumour and hearsay.

He's actually scored 4 goals.