The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Dee Forever

Obvious Disconnect Between Manager and Players

Rate this topic

There would appear to be a disconnect between the manager and players regarding the style /tactics the manager is asking for and what the players are happy with. It seems from body language and attitudes that there is something not right. Difficult to see a fix for that as he brought these players in but seems to have a disjointed approach as to where best to have them play, or have them play roles they are used to or happy with. 

I also wish all the press conferences and paper interviews would just stop now too. Way beyond embarrassing now, hearing the same old horse**** every week. 

Being honest I pick and choose games now. Really find it hard to justify gate prices for nothing to look forward to seeing. And it's been that way for a few seasons now. I honestly thought it would get better but it's actually worse now not being able to compete with QOS when we are at home. 

It's now obvious Mcpake doesn't know how to turn this around. 

Sad times indeed

Now I know why the dabs call us the fun. Perfectly captured in ten seconds after we scored.

Morhino had Mo Salah and Kevi De Bruyne at Chelsea could not get best out of them bad management is McPake got same problem with his ideas mmm

Do you think JMP runs the team all by himself and listens to no one?

It's been asked on here many times, "What does Jimmy Nicholl do?"

Clearly the manager isn't listening to his staff, his players and doesn't read the forums or the newspapers because the same mistakes are simply REPEATED again and again, match after match.  Dorrans too deep, one up front, sideways passing, players out of position, (One of McCann's failings), etc. DJ only came on because of injury to Ness!

Is he too proud to ASK for help. No manager in football or industry would run the show without some discussions with backroom staff. 

If my local Tesco manager ran the show based entirely on his own views, one flaw or wrong decision and the store could close or more likely, he would be SACKED.

14 minutes ago, RafDonDee said:

Do you think JMP runs the team all by himself and listens to no one?

It's been asked on here many times, "What does Jimmy Nicholl do?"

Clearly the manager isn't listening to his staff, his players and doesn't read the forums or the newspapers because the same mistakes are simply REPEATED again and again, match after match.  Dorrans too deep, one up front, sideways passing, players out of position, (One of McCann's failings), etc. DJ only came on because of injury to Ness!

Is he too proud to ASK for help. No manager in football or industry would run the show without some discussions with backroom staff. 

If my local Tesco manager ran the show based entirely on his own views, one flaw or wrong decision and the store could close or more likely, he would be SACKED.

The Tesco manager would be sacked because those above him in the organisation would know what they were doing, see that there was a problem and act swiftly to improve things. I'm not so sure that's the case at Dens especially when you consider that the man in charge has made the same mistake twice now.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

The Tesco manager would be sacked because those above him in the organisation would know what they were doing, see that there was a problem and act swiftly to improve things. I'm not so sure that's the case at Dens especially when you consider that the man in charge has made the same mistake twice now.

Yep, It's not just JMP who has been found out.

• Like 2

McPake has obviously lost the dressing room .looks like he is a clone of McCann but isn’t capable of talking the same bullsh*t.Nelms has asked McPake to play chess when he has only ever played tiddlywinks.Farcical situation.clubs in the premier with smaller budgets must be astounded the amount Nelms has pi*hed away on appointments etc,and still survives to fail again.We are not a serious football club we are a disaster controlled by fools.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

Just now, deerealist said:

We are not a serious football club we are a disaster controlled by fools.

Correct

If the players aren't happy wi the system, they never will be.

16 minutes ago, deerealist said:

McPake has obviously lost the dressing room .

Don't believe that for one minute. There's plenty effort from the players. Johnson ran straight towards the manager after he scored, pointing straight at him as if to say 'thats for you'. The system needs work but a change of system won't mend shattered confidence.

• Star Post 1

4 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Don't believe that for one minute. There's plenty effort from the players. Johnson ran straight towards the manager after he scored, pointing straight at him as if to say 'thats for you'. The system needs work but a change of system won't mend shattered confidence.

Plenty of effort from the players?are you serious ?nobody wants the ball.plenty of effort to get rid of it.’that’s for you’,?more like ‘fk you’.

20 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

More like he ran over to say “up yours for not picking me!”

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

22 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I've tried to stay positive through a lot of this but not even I could construe that as anything more than a 'GIRFUY'

47 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

That's my opinion on the gesture also.

58 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

McGowan gave the DAB's a GIRUY, totally different gesture and body language.

As if things weren't bad enough, just switched on TV to see Lewis Spence, a player we laughed at, playing in SPL.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, deerealist said:

McPake has obviously lost the dressing room .looks like he is a clone of McCann but isn’t capable of talking the same bullsh*t.Nelms has asked McPake to play chess when he has only ever played tiddlywinks.Farcical situation.clubs in the premier with smaller budgets must be astounded the amount Nelms has pi*hed away on appointments etc,and still survives to fail again.We are not a serious football club we are a disaster controlled by fools.

I can imagine the players reaction when his pre match is, ‘right lads it’s one up front again, just keep possession and we’ll be fine’.

Everton keeper Jordan Pickford said this today: “I don't want to see the manager sacked. I was here when Koeman lost his job and it wasn't nice to see at all. It was horrible ... A few bad performances shouldn't put the manager under pressure but that's the industry we are in.”

I wonder if our players feel the same about McPake after delivering Dundee's worst-ever pre-Christmas run of results in the second tier.

2 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Totally Correct, it was a show of Defiance, towards McPake, certainly NOT, "that's for you" Pal.

3 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Was it not a more get it up you point to the manager?