The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Billy Campbell's Ghost

And While We Are In a Moaning Mood....

Rate this topic

No soap in bogs in the Coxy, stone cold water too.  Disgraceful way to treat customers. Jim Thomson needs to visit Dunfermline to see decent facilities and respect for fans.

And I heard some horror stories of non communication from club to fans who have booked hospo, etc.

Seems its a shambles from top to bottom.

Most I spoke to yesterday will be skipping a few games and its not surprising. After Gayfield thats me done till next year. Got good reasons for not going but even if I was free I would not go.

Edited by Billy Campbell's Ghost

But was there enough hand towels? 

• Funny 1

11 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Most I spoke to yesterday will be skipping a few games and its not surprising. After Gayfield thats me done till next year. Got good reasons for not going but even if I was free I would not go.

Read a few posts on here since yesterday along similar lines.

I gave yesterday a miss. Knew we'd get beat, freezing and wasn't parting with another 24 quid for the privilege.

Not sure I'll be back this year either unless we appoint a proper manager fitting of this football club.

Turning into the Kerno season all over again.

7 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Aye

Progress 😂

• Funny 2

31 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

No soap in bogs in the Coxy, stone cold water too.  Disgraceful way to treat customers. Jim Thomson needs to visit Dunfermline to see decent facilities and respect for fans.

And I heard some horror stories of non communication from club to fans who have booked hospo, etc.

Seems its a shambles from top to bottom.

Me too. Usually go to some games over the holiday period but definitely not this year.

12 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Read a few posts on here since yesterday along similar lines.

I gave yesterday a miss. Knew we'd get beat, freezing and wasn't parting with another 24 quid for the privilege.

Not sure I'll be back this year either unless we appoint a proper manager fitting of this football club.

Turning into the Kerno season all over again.

Its maybe the hope that kills you, we've had some really poor seasons in the past but maybe because we knew we didn't have a pot to piss in made in more acceptable (not that we were accepting, we moaned like buggery) than now when we have owners who are putting their hands in their pockets and we don't seem to be any better organised as a club. Maybe just because it is NOW so more raw. 

All I know is that this is the season where I've started voting with my feet and just not been going. Its been easier than I thought, probably because of some of the results and style of play. And of course the lack of soap...... 😂

• Funny 1
  • Star Post 1

3 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Its maybe the hope that kills you, we've had some really poor seasons in the past but maybe because we knew we didn't have a pot to piss in made in more acceptable (not that we were accepting, we moaned like buggery) than now when we have owners who are putting their hands in their pockets and we don't seem to be any better organised as a club. Maybe just because it is NOW so more raw. 

All I know is that this is the season where I've started voting with my feet and just not been going. Its been easier than I thought, probably because of some of the results and style of play. And of course the lack of soap...... 😂

Yes a bowl of soup would help with the cold 👍

• Funny 1

It's amazing that we still have fans given how many times folk have said "that's it. I'm not going back" since 2005. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

It's a slow death. I am actually starting to forget to follow the games online too. Interest is evaporating. It's terrible after investment being made, getting Hemmings and Dorrans in. Apparently being over budget. Tim Keyes must be furious. The return on his investment is shocking. 

• Like 1

And also, my feet were cold. Put on a second pair of socks but the cold still got in a wee bit. Shambles of a club. McPake out.

• Funny 4

11 minutes ago, Cobra said:

It's amazing that we still have fans given how many times folk have said "that's it. I'm not going back" since 2005. 

True. I’ve never said it but I’m so close to. It was my companies annual conference and awards on Friday and I stayed off the beer and got up at 5am in london yesterday to ensure I made the game.

I won’t be making any such insane effort again for the foreseeable and have decided not to buy tickets for Saturday or the Derby. 

My hope is that things improve and I’m enticed back but once the habit is broken as @chomp my root has found it becomes the new norm. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

It's a slow death. I am actually starting to forget to follow the games online too. Interest is evaporating. It's terrible after investment being made, getting Hemmings and Dorrans in. Apparently being over budget. Tim Keyes must be furious. The return on his investment is shocking. 

Once again we completely fail to show up in the second half, JM has to take the responsibility for this.

If they got a deserved bollocking at half time it didn’t look like it to me.

QOS could have had four goals and that would not have flattered them.

In 60+ years I’ve never seen such a shocking disorganised shambles and every person from Nelms downwards are a disgrace.

If we get drawn into a relegation battle I don’t fancy our chances.

I thought the seats were a bit cold yesterday, surely someone from the club could've warmed them up beforehand, it's not as if the cold temperatures hadn't been predicted.🤬

• Funny 2

3 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I thought the seats were a bit cold yesterday, surely someone from the club could've warmed them up beforehand, it's not as if the cold temperatures hadn't been predicted.🤬

Ken aye. Boooooooo!!!

• Funny 1

I desperately want a reason to go every week but I can’t find one.I honestly wouldn’t go for free it’s that bad.I want my Saturday to be football day,wake up ,think about the upcoming game go through the usual rituals try and pick my team,figure out my tactics suss out the oppo weaknesses ,feel happy and optimistic about the game and go there positively supporting my team the Dees.My fear now is this affinity with the club over the last few years is being knocked right out of me and I’m now finding other less stressful things to do on a Saturday.my wife kind of likes it as I don’t come home like a “bear with a sore head”.The only answer for me is to somehow restore some pride in the club which for me has been missing for the last few years.this isn’t an overnight thing.I am getting sick of having to criticise the obvious in the hope somebody is listening.maybe I’ll just give my club a miss and find something else to do.

12 minutes ago, deerealist said:

I am getting sick of having to criticise the obvious in the hope somebody is listening.maybe I’ll just give my club a miss and find something else to do.

I was told that Nelms was given extracts from posts on the forums. If he doesnt know how the fans feel after the game yesterday the forums will make him realise.

He has gone from rookie manager to experienced manager to rookie manager and not got it right. In addition to hoping McPake walks I want Nelms to go as well but it is highly unlikely. He cudnae pick his nose. McPake does not learn from one mistake to another and unfortunately he does not look like he will. The person on here suggesting McPake goes back to the reserves and Nicholl takes over has to ask "what has Nicholl done well in recent managerial appointments and was is he contributing at Dens now?" 

28 minutes ago, deerealist said:

I desperately want a reason to go every week but I can’t find one.I honestly wouldn’t go for free it’s that bad.I want my Saturday to be football day,wake up ,think about the upcoming game go through the usual rituals try and pick my team,figure out my tactics suss out the oppo weaknesses ,feel happy and optimistic about the game and go there positively supporting my team the Dees.My fear now is this affinity with the club over the last few years is being knocked right out of me and I’m now finding other less stressful things to do on a Saturday.my wife kind of likes it as I don’t come home like a “bear with a sore head”.The only answer for me is to somehow restore some pride in the club which for me has been missing for the last few years.this isn’t an overnight thing.I am getting sick of having to criticise the obvious in the hope somebody is listening.maybe I’ll just give my club a miss and find something else to do.

Been there mate, I think we all go through it at some point, if you're anything like me it'll pass and you'll get back to do what you most enjoy. It's been a tough few years but us Dee's are made of strong stuff and it'll take more than a few dodgy results to put us off long term.👍

• Like 4
  • Star Post 1

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

They get their wee pat on the back from the forum when they give it the 'just when I think I'm out, they draw me back in!' shtick though. 

• Funny 2