Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Plastic Pitch

Cobra

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

I'd have kept O'Dea. I think he'd have strolled it this season. You don't need pace in this division if you have great positioning.

You never saw the Irishman give away a ridiculous goal like what we saw yesterday.

Partick at Dens under Hartley I think. He was pushed off the ball down the Shanks end very easily and the player crossed it and a boy scored.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
2 hours ago, Cobra said:

Why is it Livi can keep goals out but we can't? 

• We can't keep them out or score them.
  • Struggle  to get a couple of shots on target.
  • And we're playing against the might of the Championship

It's the Manager/tactics.

Nothing to do with the pitch, pressure of the ball, size of the goalposts or anything else. 

Edited by Dondeh

1 minute ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Partick at Dens under Hartley I think. He was pushed off the ball down the Shanks end very easily and the player crossed it and a boy scored.

Fair enough but I trusted him more than any other centre-back in recent years to not let us down.

I think Jack Hendry made more mistakes during his brief time at Dens and he left in a seven-figure deal.

1 minute ago, Dondeh said:

It's the Manager/tactics.

Nothing to do with the pitch, pressure of the ball, size of the goalposts or anything else. 

It is a fact that some players are uncomfortable playing on plastic pitches. It may be a psychological thing for some in that the surface puts them off their game, it may be a physical thing for others in that they don't trust the bounce or whatever but there is absolutely no doubt that plastic pitches do influence games.

4 hours ago, Cobra said:

I'd have kept O'Dea. I think he'd have strolled it this season. You don't need pace in this division if you have great positioning.

You never saw the Irishman give away a ridiculous goal like what we saw yesterday.

Nah he was finished Cobra, maybe should have kept him as manager as I heard he was the one the players liked in the U18s.

kussunga is better than the two that we currently have, 

For what it's worth, Livi developed their style of play on the grass pitch and won the play off on it. They were also considerably better at home than away that season.

I half think it's a bit of a selection bias. Apart from ourselves, Aberdeen and Hibs last term we saw every team do better by around 0.55 points. When you look at teams who are more inclided to ditch their pitches, the likes of Livi and Hamilton play a much more combative style and a far longer pass per average. When they go away to bigger pitches, teams are more able to play their possession type play and their punt and chase tactic is less effective. Another indicator of this is that Kilmarnock last term were in the average of the home/away improvement and have never been particularly better either way.

Personally, I think these days the astro argument providing a huge advantage or considerable difference in style mostly invalid. Players play on these things all the time and the standard of grass pitches has also been demonstrated to widely vary as well, visiting Fir Park with a pitch of mud is far far less predictable than an astro surface. Also, the artificial fibers in the hybrid pitches has shown more of a difference in ball pace depending on how it is constructed - teams down south spend sh*t loads of money on actually constructing their opponents pitch to train on in the week before a match!

3 hours ago, harry94 said:

For what it's worth, Livi developed their style of play on the grass pitch and won the play off on it. They were also considerably better at home than away that season.

I half think it's a bit of a selection bias. Apart from ourselves, Aberdeen and Hibs last term we saw every team do better by around 0.55 points. When you look at teams who are more inclided to ditch their pitches, the likes of Livi and Hamilton play a much more combative style and a far longer pass per average. When they go away to bigger pitches, teams are more able to play their possession type play and their punt and chase tactic is less effective. Another indicator of this is that Kilmarnock last term were in the average of the home/away improvement and have never been particularly better either way.

Personally, I think these days the astro argument providing a huge advantage or considerable difference in style mostly invalid. Players play on these things all the time and the standard of grass pitches has also been demonstrated to widely vary as well, visiting Fir Park with a pitch of mud is far far less predictable than an astro surface. Also, the artificial fibers in the hybrid pitches has shown more of a difference in ball pace depending on how it is constructed - teams down south spend sh*t loads of money on actually constructing their opponents pitch to train on in the week before a match!

Do you mean changing the size by new markings? Is plastic banned in the EPL?

Top tennis players play on a variety of surfaces and win on all of these- some play better on grass( surface that is) , some on Clay ( e.g. Rafa), some on indoors synthetic . DFC  cannot play on one of the best grass surfaces in Scotland .

Edited by expert

Adblock Detected