Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Plastic Pitch

Cobra

42 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Do you mean changing the size by new markings? Is plastic banned in the EPL?

Artificial surfaces, of the variety like Livi, Hamilton, Killie, Alloa etc as we were discussing, are not permitted in the Premier League and Football League down south.

Richer clubs though do utilise a 'hybrid' system where they basically sew artificial fibres into the root of the soil (retaining 97% of the surface as natural grass), the advantage here being that it's a lot more durable. It's a pricey process, you are talking seven figures, so there aren't many clubs in Scotland who use it (Celtic, Rangers and Hearts from memory) but it's likely used at every club in the top flight down south.

The issue with it though is that there are actually quite a few different techniques that are used to manufacture it, depending on the process chosen and how the specific pitch is worked on, it actually leads to quite a big variation in the bounce. As a result of the difference, in preparation for matchday, some of the clubs actually have pitches installed in an attempt to replicate their opponents - I don't know the technical detail (I think they maybe have a few 'base' type structures that they use as a template and then mess with the composition) as to how they do that but we are talking a huge amount of money being spent, just on training alone.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • 2 months later...
On 01/12/2019 at 17:36, Cobra said:

Fair enough but I trusted him more than any other centre-back in recent years to not let us down.

I think Jack Hendry made more mistakes during his brief time at Dens and he left in a seven-figure deal.

Our best centre back in recent years was the gaffer before his injury IMO

• 3 weeks later...

Given that Livi had the best home defensive record going into tonight's games I thought it would be interesting to watch Celtic's opener.

https://streamja.com/akQKW

Livi are very quick to get bodies back to outnumber the opposition's attack. They aggressively close down and hassle and look very compact and organised. They only conceded here because of a shocking clearance.

Adblock Detected