Jump to content
The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
DeeTillEhDeh

We Want Jim Duffy Back!

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Eh’ve been telt that Nelms looks in on here to gauge fan opinions.

If that’s the case, then it’s time for you to act now JN.

McPake was never the right appointment for our situation, we needed experience, Nelms said it himself when he came out with all they lies about 300+ games, 10 years of managerial experience etc.

Well John, McPake certainly doesn’t fit that criteria, but there’s a dark blue legend that does...  Jim Duffy.

Jim’s one of the better Dundee manager’s in my lifetime and one of our modern day great players. He’s done a fine job since leaving us wherever he’s been. Took Morton into the playoffs, had a brief spell managing a big club down south, and has Dumbarton solidly mid-table in the league below after having to rebuild their whole squad on a shoestring.

Tak all that and add in the fact that he’s the dark blue legend we all want and need to reunite the fans and the club, and for me, it’s a no-brainier.

So John Nelms, if you’re reading this, get that buffoon away to f**k and go get Jim Duffy back!

 

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Wowzer 4
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Eh’ve been telt that Nelms looks in on here to gauge fan opinions.

If that’s the case, then it’s time for you to act now JN.

McPake was never the right appointment for our situation, we needed experience, Nelms said it himself when he came out with all they lies about 300+ games, 10 years of managerial experience etc.

Well John, McPake certainly doesn’t fit that criteria, but there’s a dark blue legend that does...  Jim Duffy.

Jim’s one of the better Dundee manager’s in my lifetime and one of our modern day great players. He’s done a fine job since leaving us wherever he’s been. Took Morton into the playoffs, had a brief spell managing a big club down south, and has Dumbarton solidly mid-table in the league below after having to rebuild their whole squad on a shoestring.

Tak all that and add in the fact that he’s the dark blue legend we all want and need to reunite the fans and the club, and for me, it’s a no-brainier.

So John Nelms, if you’re reading this, get that buffoon away to f**k and go get Jim Duffy back!

 

I laughed so hard my colon fell out! 🤣

Sorry bud... but no more ex-dees or Dee legends for me..... it'll always ends up with heartache. For example, McCann will forever be remembered as a shitty manager for the Dee, however, I will remember him for coming out of retirement, playing for us for nothing and that goal against Raith Rovers which secured or league status in the Deefiant season!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not saying jd is the answer but he’s miles better than what we’ve had to put up with.at least he has a track record and I for one liked his style of football.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Duffy led First Division side Dundee to the Scottish League Cup Final in November 1995, but the team lost 2–0 to Aberdeen. Duffy followed this with an unsuccessful spell as manager of Hibernian. After working for Chelsea and Portsmouth as a coach, he returned yet again to Dundee for a second stint as manager in 2002.

Second spell at DundeeEdit

He was appointed manager on 4 July 2002.[5] During his second spell as manager at Dens Park he again led Dundee to Hampden, this time for the 2003 Scottish Cup Final against Rangers, which Dundee lost 1–0. As Rangers also won the Scottish Premier League, Dundee qualified for the UEFA Cup.

During November 2003 the club went into administration due to the gross financial mismanagement by the club's owners, Peter and Jimmy Marr. Going into administration meant that Dundee lost most of their talented players, but the team battled on and managed to avoid relegation that season. In the following season, however, Dundee struggled with a threadbare squad and were relegated on the last day of the season. Duffy stayed on with the blessing of the board to try to get the club back into the SPL at the first attempt.[6] However, on 24 August 2005, the board then decided to sack Duffy after just four games of the new season, even though Dundee were top of the Scottish First Division.[7]

As I said.miles ahead of most recent and not so recent Dundee managers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope. no more Dees , no rookies - just someone good please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, expert said:

Nope. no more Dees , no rookies - just someone good please

Ha ha just someone good?like......someone good maybe?

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, deerealist said:

Duffy led First Division side Dundee to the Scottish League Cup Final in November 1995, but the team lost 2–0 to Aberdeen. Duffy followed this with an unsuccessful spell as manager of Hibernian. After working for Chelsea and Portsmouth as a coach, he returned yet again to Dundee for a second stint as manager in 2002.

Second spell at DundeeEdit

He was appointed manager on 4 July 2002.[5] During his second spell as manager at Dens Park he again led Dundee to Hampden, this time for the 2003 Scottish Cup Final against Rangers, which Dundee lost 1–0. As Rangers also won the Scottish Premier League, Dundee qualified for the UEFA Cup.

During November 2003 the club went into administration due to the gross financial mismanagement by the club's owners, Peter and Jimmy Marr. Going into administration meant that Dundee lost most of their talented players, but the team battled on and managed to avoid relegation that season. In the following season, however, Dundee struggled with a threadbare squad and were relegated on the last day of the season. Duffy stayed on with the blessing of the board to try to get the club back into the SPL at the first attempt.[6] However, on 24 August 2005, the board then decided to sack Duffy after just four games of the new season, even though Dundee were top of the Scottish First Division.[7]

In December 2019 Jim Duffy, after peeking in on TDB forum, told close associates that the poster going by the username deerealist was blethering keech and he distanced himself from the Dundee FC managers job, much to the relief of the Dundee faithful.

Seems Wiki's been updated.😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Seems Wiki's been updated.😁

Ok,mark mcghee it is then

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Eh’ve been telt that Nelms looks in on here to gauge fan opinions.

If that’s the case, then it’s time for you to act now JN.

McPake was never the right appointment for our situation, we needed experience, Nelms said it himself when he came out with all they lies about 300+ games, 10 years of managerial experience etc.

Well John, McPake certainly doesn’t fit that criteria, but there’s a dark blue legend that does...  Jim Duffy.

Jim’s one of the better Dundee manager’s in my lifetime and one of our modern day great players. He’s done a fine job since leaving us wherever he’s been. Took Morton into the playoffs, had a brief spell managing a big club down south, and has Dumbarton solidly mid-table in the league below after having to rebuild their whole squad on a shoestring.

Tak all that and add in the fact that he’s the dark blue legend we all want and need to reunite the fans and the club, and for me, it’s a no-brainier.

So John Nelms, if you’re reading this, get that buffoon away to f**k and go get Jim Duffy back!

 

No f**cking Way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rocky Boy said:

No f**cking Way

Can someone remember me what we have against Jim Duffy? I’m getting a bit older noo and my recollection of him doesn’t give me any great reason to totally reject the thought of him coming back?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, deerealist said:

Can someone remember me what we have against Jim Duffy? I’m getting a bit older noo and my recollection of him doesn’t give me any great reason to totally reject the thought of him coming back?

Jim Duffy's had his time here, he was exceptional as a player and he had a few highlights as a manager too. I think we should let him keep his legendary status and not allow that to be sullied in the hope he can provide a highly unlikely quick fix.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Jim Duffy's had his time here, he was exceptional as a player and he had a few highlights as a manager too. I think we should let him keep his legendary status and not allow that to be sullied in the hope he can provide a highly unlikely quick fix.

Mm not a good enough answer I’m afraid,if that’s the best you could do he’s a no brainier.best manager we’ve had in the last....30 years maybe?not good enough tho.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim Duffy wiped out Hibs youth academy when he joined them.

Got Hibs relegated pretty quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, deerealist said:

Mm not a good enough answer I’m afraid,if that’s the best you could do he’s a no brainier.best manager we’ve had in the last....30 years maybe?not good enough tho.

If we're to replace JMcP then it should be with someone who's currently the best man for the job that we can realistically get not someone who we're fond of who's done relatively well in spells and been a disaster in others. Jim Duffy's not the answer, nor is Rab Douglas, Barry Smith, Jocky Scott etc, etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bobby123 said:

Jim Duffy wiped out Hibs youth academy when he joined them.

Got Hibs relegated pretty quickly.

Aye  he had a bad time at hibs but we don’t know ins and outs of that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

If we're to replace JMcP then it should be with someone who's currently the best man for the job that we can realistically get not someone who we're fond of who's done relatively well in spells and been a disaster in others. Jim Duffy's not the answer, nor is Rab Douglas, Barry Smith, Jocky Scott etc, etc.

Who’s the best man for the job?go on tell me I need to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.