Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

We Want Jim Duffy Back!

DeeTillEhDeh

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
3 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I'd imagine that if it came to it Nelms would lean on Strachan for advice on a new manager, whether he takes that advice on board though is anyone's guess. Personally I think we're maybe looking at either a shake up, with maybe Jimmy Nichol moving on, or some part-time experience coming in to work on aspects of the team, possibly a striker coach?. Possibly a role for Mark McGhee?.

Rumours of McGhee on Sat night but he took the Dons to a 0-9 defeat at Celtic Park! Even we have not been cuffed that much in recent years!

6 hours ago, Dayster said:

I'd take Duff back  - cup runs and playing 4-4-3 - we might no be world beaters but we were generally exciting to watch going forward! None of this tippy tappy pish

So that's how we did it @Dayster? That extra man in the midfield will make all the difference - or is the extra man up front? Either way it's a truly daring ploy.

• Funny 4

27 minutes ago, deerealist said:

Hartley? Don’t take the piss

In defence of Hartley, he did a great job with Alloa, had us over the line and did well in his first season back in the Premiership. I think he just lost his way when things started going wrong.

I think his biggest issue was (and is still with the club), these massive personal changes in regards to players, and he then had problems replacing players that we lost like Hemmings, Stewart and Harkins etc.

I have a funny feeling he will stay at Cove Rangers, get them promoted to the Championship and another club will come looking for him to manage them.

13 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

In defence of Hartley, he did a great job with Alloa, had us over the line and did well in his first season back in the Premiership. I think he just lost his way when things started going wrong.

I think his biggest issue was (and is still with the club), these massive personal changes in regards to players, and he then had problems replacing players that we lost like Hemmings, Stewart and Harkins etc.

I have a funny feeling he will stay at Cove Rangers, get them promoted to the Championship and another club will come looking for him to manage them.

I hear he done well at Falkirk 

9 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I'd imagine that if it came to it Nelms would lean on Strachan for advice on a new manager, whether he takes that advice on board though is anyone's guess. Personally I think we're maybe looking at either a shake up, with maybe Jimmy Nichol moving on, or some part-time experience coming in to work on aspects of the team, possibly a striker coach?. Possibly a role for Mark McGhee?.

I can't see Strachan getting involved on the first team side. I just have a gut feeling that he's here on a vanity project and is done with dealing with the media nonsense on a daily basis. 

You might be right on the shake up side but McPake had said before that he'd only have taken the job with Nicholl being involved. McGhee might be a good shout as coach (please not as manager) but for me the problems lie in midfield and defence. It's those departments that can't bring the strikers into the game.

Knowing Nelms, noting will happen until it's too late anyway.

Adblock Detected