The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved

Rate this topic

Dobbie said the Queens players got a lift from around the 15th minute when they started hearing the boos. Funnily enough I didn't think Queens were in the game for the first quarter hour. It was Dundee doing all the pressing up until that point.

Maybe the club should print thousands of copies of this article and place it on every seat before the next home game.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/1032428/dundee-boos-helped-queen-of-the-south-win-says-stephen-dobbie/

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Dobbie said the Queens players got a lift from around the 15th minute when they started hearing the boos. Funnily enough I didn't think Queens were in the game for the first quarter hour. It was Dundee doing all the pressing up until that point.

Maybe the club should print thousands of copies of this article and place it on every seat before the next home game.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/1032428/dundee-boos-helped-queen-of-the-south-win-says-stephen-dobbie/

That should include the players seats in the dressing room, but the dugout and Nelms' are big comfy seat in the stand 

• Confused 1

Hate the booing....especially so early in the game

Edited by Mr Sensible
  • Like 5
  • Star Post 1

I'll be honest, considering the dirge we've watched for years now, that was one of the few times I remember anything other than fairly isolated booing at a game.

But if JMP is or has lost the crowd then that's a long way back.

But I still expect him to be the manager for the foreseeable

I’d never boooed my team until Saturday .....I can’t make that claim anymore as I exploded at full time and my voice still hasn’t recovered! 

• Funny 1

36 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Don't agree with booing during the game. It's not something I've ever done myself but at the half time and full time whistle, of course there will be after performances and results like Saturday.

Really don't think having a pop at the long the suffering support who still turn up to watch their team fail to win the overwhelming majority of weeks for the last 3 and a half years of hell is called for.

The only surprise is these under performers every week still getting the level of support they do. Two to three to four times more the crowds than most clubs in the division.

Maybe the club can stop being chronic losers instead of printing off leaflets at fans.

IMHO.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

41 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Apologies @Cobra I've started another thread on the very same subject, can we delete mine or just merge the two please?.

9 minutes ago, Valentke said:

I’d never boooed my team until Saturday .....I can’t make that claim anymore as I exploded at full time and my voice still hasn’t recovered! 

Half time and full time is fair game for me

The challenge cup final against Inverness at half time when the players got dogs abuse going off, they were under no illusions it was not an acceptable performance...

My concern for these set of players, and il have to name names, but Byrne, Dorrans, Hemmings, Forster, Ness...will be on very nice salaries, with some on long contracts, do they have the hunger and desire than some of there opponents with less ability  in this league?

Does the booing bother them?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Really don't think having a pop at the long the suffering support who still turn up to watch their team fail to win the overwhelming majority of weeks for the last 3 and a half years of hell is called for.

To be fair it's another teams player who's highlighted this and he's not the first either. The sooner people realise how counterproductive this is the better. Kevin Holt is a great example of the adverse affects booing has on our players. He was hounded out of Dens by the boo boys but was head and shoulders above our left back on Saturday, surely that should give those that see positives in berating our players a bit of a wake up call?.

• Like 4
  • Star Post 1

1 minute ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

To be fair it's another teams player who's highlighted this and he's not the first either. The sooner people realise how counterproductive this is the better. Kevin Holt is a great example of the adverse affects booing has on our players. He was hounded out of Dens by the boo boys but was head and shoulders above our left back on Saturday, surely that should give those that see positives in berating our players a bit of a wake up call?.

It's definitely counter productive during a game. No arguments there.

It's completely fair game at the half time whistle and full time whistles if the players have hid and not performed.

People are paying £24 a game or £100 plus for hospitality or £350 to £390 for season tickets to sit and watch the team under perform the majority of the time the last few seasons.

Would there be any boos if the team played well and won more games at home?

It's not right during the game as I said, but we must be the most frustrated support in Scotland.

Again, I do agree that during the game is ridiculous and winds me up when I hear it, particularly for a pass back to the keeper.

1 minute ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Would there be any boos if the team played well and won more games at home?

I'd say almost definitely yes. I've lost count of the number of times where I've said FFS lads we're winning in response to booing. 

• Like 3
  • Star Post 1

Ive said elsewhere I don't think its been as bad as it could've been.

Boys sitting next to me who hardly ever say anything were losing it Saturday.

It might not be the 'right thing to do' but supporters are passionate, if we lose that we really are struggling.

I never boo an individual player during the game, it doesn’t do anything to help and adds pressure on them. Always been of the view that it’s the manager who selects them and sets tactics.

I think booing the whole team at half time or full time is entirely acceptable. It’s the only way the paying public can show their dissatisfaction with unacceptable performances

• Star Post 1

I had to boo the ending to the game for the debacle that it was, but I hate hearing them peppered throughout the game. I do often wonder what the difference would be if our fanbase wasn't the most miserable in Scotland. Luckily the boo boys most likely won't be travelling to Arbroath, so we can set a more positive atmosphere.

5 minutes ago, rossbatchelor9 said:

I do often wonder what the difference would be if our fanbase wasn't the most miserable in Scotland.

It's not unique to Dundee in Scottish football.

It's just been a theme at Dens for decades as we're pretty sh!t for large periods of our recent history and nearly always let the fans down and under perform.

Hearts fans are bad for it at Tynecastle.

The famous Aberdeen away support that the media and other Scottish fans including ours fall over themselves praising were booing their team en masse several times at Dens in the LC game this season.

I tend to find English club fans are a lot more positive towards their teams in general during the game although The Emirates sounded like Dens at FT for their Euro game during the week.

Boy behind me was berating Forster constantly on Saturday because he was close to the halfway line when we were attacking. He kept shouting "FFS Forster, what are you doing at the halfway line?.". He didn't get that the further back Forster went the closer to our goal Dobbie went. That was highlighted perfectly at their winning goal.

• Funny 1

It does not serve any purpose usually, but I could fully understand the frustration on Saturday . Encouraging the team rather than booing would have served a better purpose , but, seeing that garbage  prompted the booing .People paid to brave the cold to support the Club and are rightly enraged . For once, the booing might have let the high heid yins  know just how much the income generating fans   are angry. If DFC  were to heave a Nativity play  thery should cancell it and put on a more appropriate  play- Shakespeare's " Comedy of errors ."

4 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Boy behind me was berating Forster constantly on Saturday because he was close to the halfway line when we were attacking. He kept shouting "FFS Forster, what are you doing at the halfway line?.". He didn't get that the further back Forster went the closer to our goal Dobbie went. That was highlighted perfectly at their winning goal.

Forster should change occupation - I have seen faster undertakers walk ahead of a funeral cortege .

1 minute ago, expert said:

It does not serve any purpose usually, but I could fully understand the frustration on Saturday . Encouraging the team rather than booing would have served a better purpose , but, seeing that garbage  prompted the booing .People paid to brave the cold to support the Club and are rightly enraged . For once, the booing might have let the high heid yins  know just how much the income generating fans   are angry. If DFC  were to heave a Nativity play  thery should cancell it and put on a more appropriate  play- Shakespeare's " Comedy of errors ."

It take a certain type of person to think that treating people like pantomime villains is going to improve their performance, with the justification being that it was freezing cold and cost them £24.

Not a dig at you or anyone in particular.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, expert said:

Forster should change occupation - I have seen faster undertakers walk ahead of a funeral cortege .

Constructive response.🙄

• Like 1