Jump to content
The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Cobra

Booing

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Boy behind me was berating Forster constantly on Saturday because he was close to the halfway line when we were attacking. He kept shouting "FFS Forster, what are you doing at the halfway line?.". He didn't get that the further back Forster went the closer to our goal Dobbie went. That was highlighted perfectly at their winning goal.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It does not serve any purpose usually, but I could fully understand the frustration on Saturday . Encouraging the team rather than booing would have served a better purpose , but, seeing that garbage  prompted the booing .People paid to brave the cold to support the Club and are rightly enraged . For once, the booing might have let the high heid yins  know just how much the income generating fans   are angry. If DFC  were to heave a Nativity play  thery should cancell it and put on a more appropriate  play- Shakespeare's " Comedy of errors ."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Boy behind me was berating Forster constantly on Saturday because he was close to the halfway line when we were attacking. He kept shouting "FFS Forster, what are you doing at the halfway line?.". He didn't get that the further back Forster went the closer to our goal Dobbie went. That was highlighted perfectly at their winning goal.

Forster should change occupation - I have seen faster undertakers walk ahead of a funeral cortege .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, expert said:

It does not serve any purpose usually, but I could fully understand the frustration on Saturday . Encouraging the team rather than booing would have served a better purpose , but, seeing that garbage  prompted the booing .People paid to brave the cold to support the Club and are rightly enraged . For once, the booing might have let the high heid yins  know just how much the income generating fans   are angry. If DFC  were to heave a Nativity play  thery should cancell it and put on a more appropriate  play- Shakespeare's " Comedy of errors ."

It take a certain type of person to think that treating people like pantomime villains is going to improve their performance, with the justification being that it was freezing cold and cost them £24.

Not a dig at you or anyone in particular.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, expert said:

Forster should change occupation - I have seen faster undertakers walk ahead of a funeral cortege .

Constructive response.🙄

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

It take a certain type of person to think that treating people like pantomime villains is going to improve their performance, with the justification being that it was freezing cold and cost them £24.

Not a dig at you or anyone in particular.

I doubt if the motive for the booing is to  encourage the players to  improve their performance- it is just sheer  frustration- I do not agree with it but can understand it in light of the tripe served up week after week and the manner in which it is served up .I would say that the support  have had enough of the manager  and  whoever chose another rookie one. The frustation is strengthened  by the fact that we have a squad which should be  chasing the title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, expert said:

I doubt if the motive for the booing is to  encourage the players to  improve their performance- it is just sheer  frustration- I do not agree with it but can understand it in light of the tripe served up week after week and the manner in which it is served up .I would say that the support  have had enough of the manager  and  whoever chose another rookie one. The frustation is strengthened  by the fact that we have a squad which should be  chasing the title.

Agree with some aspects of that mate, I'll never get the logic behind in game booing. Our squad is, currently, only good on paper.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Constructive response.🙄

Footballers at this level have a limited career span- undertakers are always  guaranteed work. He does some sterling work but stand looking gormless at times  when he gets the ball- sorry , going off topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Agree with some aspects of that mate, I'll never get the logic behind in game booing. Our squad is, currently, only good on paper.

Agreed, only booing at officials and dirty players  allowed . and that  just serves to  relieve frustration . Booing at our own is pointless , even  possibly counterproductive .

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Don't agree with booing during the game. It's not something I've ever done myself but at the half time and full time whistle, of course there will be after performances and results like Saturday.

Really don't think having a pop at the long the suffering support who still turn up to watch their team fail to win the overwhelming majority of weeks for the last 3 and a half years of hell is called for.

 

Expressing your dissatisfaction at full-time is fair enough (and maybe half-time as well) but the folk booing after 15 minutes deserve to be criticised. They're actively helping the opposition get a result.

I can only imagine how dispiriting it must feel to be booed by your own supporters early into a tough game and Dobbie just confirms what a boost it gives to the away team.

Dees have suffered too much in recent seasons and have every right to be pissed off but if you're going to be getting on your team's back after 15 minutes when the game is goalless, what's the point in turning up?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't agree with booing Forster in the minute that was left after his howler. What's the point of that? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Expressing your dissatisfaction at full-time is fair enough (and maybe half-time as well) but the folk booing after 15 minutes deserve to be criticised. They're actively helping the opposition get a result.

I can only imagine how dispiriting it must feel to be booed by your own supporters early into a tough game and Dobbie just confirms what a boost it gives to the away team.

Dees have suffered too much in recent seasons and have every right to be pissed off but if you're going to be getting on your team's back after 15 minutes when the game is goalless, what's the point in turning up?

All true.

I just didn't agree with your suggestion of printing off thousands of leaflets aimed at long suffering fans, the overwhelming majority of who don't boo the players/team during the game.

Frustrating the home crowd isn't unique to Dens. We spoke about it on here before the Tannadice derby (that went well). I've seen us do it at Tynecastle and Pittodrie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Expressing your dissatisfaction at full-time is fair enough (and maybe half-time as well) but the folk booing after 15 minutes deserve to be criticised. They're actively helping the opposition get a result.

I can only imagine how dispiriting it must feel to be booed by your own supporters early into a tough game and Dobbie just confirms what a boost it gives to the away team.

Dees have suffered too much in recent seasons and have every right to be pissed off but if you're going to be getting on your team's back after 15 minutes when the game is goalless, what's the point in turning up?

The point in turning up is that there's the hope it'll be better, that in turn comes from a deep rooted love for the club - in the blood type thing. When we're then dished up the absolute garbage that we were on Saturday it gets frustrating and people boo it. For the record I never boo my own team and dislike the whole 'in the blood' nonsense.

Not sure you see how this ends. People start by booing because the're hacked off and they leave angry. Next game they wonder if it's worth going back - but they do and they boo again. Next time they think 'bollocks to it' and don't go - they miss it and they want to go back. They go to the next game, boo and leave angry. They then miss the next game, then the next, then the next, habit is formed and they're lost for good.

The club needs to sit up and take notice of booing rather than having a go at fans for it as they have in the past. Dobbie is a good professional and seized an opportunity to take advantage. That advantage came from the Dundee team playing dire sh**e again which caused some fans to boo.

It was the manager's and team's fault not the booing fans. Well done Stephen Dobbie for raising this, surely the lost boys in charge will take notice?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

The point in turning up is that there's the hope it'll be better, that in turn comes from a deep rooted love for the club - in the blood type thing. When we're then dished up the absolute garbage that we were on Saturday it gets frustrating and people boo it. For the record I never boo my own team and dislike the whole 'in the blood' nonsense.

Not sure you see how this ends. People start by booing because the're hacked off and they leave angry. Next game they wonder if it's worth going back - but they do and they boo again. Next time they think 'bollocks to it' and don't go - they miss it and they want to go back. They go to the next game, boo and leave angry. They then miss the next game, then the next, then the next, habit is formed and they're lost for good.

The club needs to sit up and take notice of booing rather than having a go at fans for it as they have in the past. Dobbie is a good professional and seized an opportunity to take advantage. That advantage came from the Dundee team playing dire sh**e again which caused some fans to boo.

It was the manager's and team's fault not the booing fans. Well done Stephen Dobbie for raising this, surely the lost boys in charge will take notice?

You'd think we'd lost 10 games on the trot though, we'd lost 2 games then 15 minutes into the 3rd game, after arguably one of our best spells of football at home this season, the booing started. The fans aren't whooping and jumping for joy when we're winning 3 on the trot but 15 minutes into the 3rd defeat on the trot we're sacking the manager due to the fear of relegation to the 3rd tier and sub 4000 home crowds and low ST sales NEXT season. It doesn't add up.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never been one to boo during games but any criticism from the stands providing it doesn't get personal was deserved on Saturday. I honestly would question the effort and will to win and as professional players earning good money at that level they should be ashamed. It does question whether Mcpake has lost the dressing room? Something isn't right 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.