The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Dee Forever

Back To the Drawing Board

Rate this topic

Maybe time to get a new drawing board never mind go back to one.

This has to stop. Supporters massively unhappy, players unhappy, manager unhappy. I assume board unhappy too. Nobody being happy is no good and it has to change. 

Needs to go right back to basics and start again. Stop this one up front especially at home. Can't see many coming back as long as the current style is continued. 

As a supporter I would be OK if we got beat but had got stuck in and saw commitment, passion and will to win for 90 + minutes. 

Can't remember last time DFC were anywhere near that. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dee Forever said:

This has to stop. Supporters massively unhappy, players unhappy, manager unhappy. I assume board unhappy too. Nobody being happy is no good and it has to change. 

Some supporters are massively unhappy, some are just unhappy, some, like me, think things will improve. There's no proof that the players, manager and board are unhappy other than being involved in 3 defeats and the manner of the defeats. I don't think it's fair to say that nobody is happy.

31 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

some, like me, think things will improve

What are you basing this on Rev?

The way I see it - we have been on a downward spiral for 3 or 4 years including the course of this season.

There seems to be something wrong at the club with the results we are getting under four different managers now in two different divisions.

I don't see any evidence at all that McPake in his first season is going to turn things around.

3 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

What are you basing this on Rev?

The way I see it - we have been on a downward spiral for 3 or 4 years including the course of this season.

There seems to be something wrong at the club with the results we are getting under four different managers now in two different divisions.

I don't see any evidence at all that McPake in his first season is going to turn things around.

I think the coaches will get together, probably today, and work out an alternative plan moving forward. Between McPake, Nichol, Mackay & Strachan I'm sure we've got enough experience to work out a game plan that'll halt the current slide. There's no guarantees and things might not improve immediately but I'm optimistic that they will. 

• Like 3

If they are only reacting now to what we have watching all season then we are in bigger trouble than I thought...

the alarm bells should have been ringing loud after the first derby, yet nothing has changed.

Edited by Mr Sensible
  • Like 2
  • Star Post 1

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I think the coaches will get together, probably today, and work out an alternative plan moving forward. Between McPake, Nichol, Mackay & Strachan I'm sure we've got enough experience to work out a game plan that'll halt the current slide. There's no guarantees and things might not improve immediately but I'm optimistic that they will. 

That would be too little too late. This season's as good as a write off, will be good if they do start at least competing, will give us reason to be more positive about next season, but what incentive is there for them to do that? They're not winning the league and success would mean an extra four games minimum - some of these players don't seem want to make any effort in the current or the next games never mind bust a gut to play an extra four at the end of the season.

1 hour ago, Mr Sensible said:

If they are only reacting now to what we have watching all season then we are in bigger trouble than I thought...

the alarm bells should have been ringing loud after the first derby, yet nothing has changed.

I went on Saturday expecting a win and a reaction from the manager and players after two bad results.

Sadly it was another disorganised shambles with nobody on or off the field looking interested.

I don’t think I have ever seen McPake call one of our players over for a pep talk or bollocking, call it what you want, but there was plenty of evidence for a lot of them needing this on Saturday.

We know that he is inexperienced, if he is too soft as well it’s a bad mix.

35 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

That would be too little too late. This season's as good as a write off, will be good if they do start at least competing, will give us reason to be more positive about next season, but what incentive is there for them to do that? They're not winning the league and success would mean an extra four games minimum - some of these players don't seem want to make any effort in the current or the next games never mind bust a gut to play an extra four at the end of the season.

I don't think we were ever winning the league, i certainly won't judge our season a success or a failure based on how we fair in the league title race. The play-offs were always an acceptable league finish for me. If we fail to achieve that then I'll re-evaluate things nearer the time. 

• Like 1

On the evidence so far play offs will be hard to do. 

Even if we get there then whatever game we got would be harder. 

As a club DFC need to get the finger out and get whatever is wrong addressed. 

2 minutes ago, Dee Forever said:

On the evidence so far play offs will be hard to do. 

Even if we get there then whatever game we got would be harder. 

As a club DFC need to get the finger out and get whatever is wrong addressed. 

We've had a poor run recently, we've never really hit top form and we're sitting fourth. We face one of our rivals for a top four spot, who we've already convincingly beaten, on Saturday with the chance of pulling further away. Top 4 is still very much in our hands.

• Like 1

Tippy tappy sh**e with one up doesn't work for us. I think we've got to play Johnson and hemmings together and play a few longer balls and get the midfield pushed up. Crosses into the box will result in more chances because at present we aren't even doing that.

For Arbroath I'd go with Mcdaid, Byrne, Gowser, Dorrans and get them closing the oppo down higher up the pitch. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Prince Buster said:

Think you may be on to something here PB. If you are a professional footballer making a wage that is OK why would you burst a gut to get out of your comfort zone and likely not get to play in a higher league. The players that get you promotion are not guaranteed to be the ones that play for you the following season.

McP said he hired boys with the correct attitude to fight for every point,ball for DFC,I'm not seeing this translated onto the park.Unfortnately its not the dog in the fight that comes out with the points,think he was sold on big talking pups.

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

We've had a poor run recently, we've never really hit top form and we're sitting fourth. We face one of our rivals for a top four spot, who we've already convincingly beaten, on Saturday with the chance of pulling further away. Top 4 is still very much in our hands.

That very much depends on how you define recently.

I think we've been poor and dire for three seasons. I'm not calling that a recent poor run.

I sound like a broken record but with the money spent on this team, the quality of players we have (on paper), the high expectations etc....

Surely we should be competitive with the arabs and put in decent performances? 

I hate seeing posts that we never expected to win the league this season? Did the BOD think the same when they pumped thousands into recruitment? 

With the resources we have, we should be at the top of the table and challenging United. 

If we end up finishing mid table in the championship with a squad with the likes of Dorrans, and Hemmings then for me, something is seriously wrong.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, J_Kitamirike said:

If we end up finishing mid table in the championship with a squad with the likes of Dorrans, and Hemmings then for me, something is seriously wrong.

Have to agree, we have some very decent players in the current squad and as it stands its not working. Why isn't it, thats the question that needs answering 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Some supporters are massively unhappy, some are just unhappy, some, like me, think things will improve. There's no proof that the players, manager and board are unhappy other than being involved in 3 defeats and the manner of the defeats. I don't think it's fair to say that nobody is happy.

Who could be happy? An imbecile maybe.

6 hours ago, Spiritof62 said:

I don’t think I have ever seen McPake call one of our players over for a pep talk or bollocking, call it what you want, but there was plenty of evidence for a lot of them needing this on Saturday. We know that he is inexperienced, if he is too soft as well it’s a bad mix.

Any truth in the rumours that any 'bollocking' has been going the other way?.