The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Dee Forever

Back To the Drawing Board

Rate this topic

26 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

He's getting as bad as Gedee going on about no getting his tomato plums fondled and no pocket money from his missus! 😏

surprised lil bub GIF

Jings John, ehm gettin' mair despondent as eh speak ...

Margaret is oot this morning & eh've been searching (unsuccessfully) for her "hidden stash"

And wi regard tae meh tomato plums, eh've had to resort to giving them a wee rattle myself,

In fact I'm actually doing this in a frenzied fashion right now. Like DFC they've died a death :wacko:

7 minutes ago, Parcbara said:

Absolutely. Our wide players presently offer us absolutely nothing as they never get to the goal line. Johnson has to play. Jeezo, if it has taken this amount of time for our coaches to realise that something has to change then that says very little for them. It has been then same all season for God's sake. Whoever dreamed up the current game plan needs to take a back seat and let someone else have a go. We have had a poor season not a poor run. I would also say that  a larger number of fans are unhappy.  This season has been abysmal. 

Parcbara ... I find little to disagree with, in any points you have made above (we are going through a bad/sad/time) :tears:

Don't suppose you'd be interested in joining Happy Clappy Club...Numbers are flucuating between 2 & 3 at this time:chaplin:

4 minutes ago, Gedee said:

Parcbara ... I find little to disagree with, in any points you have made above (we are going through a bad/sad/time) :tears:

Don't suppose you'd be interested in joining Happy Clappy Club...Numbers are flucuating between 2 & 3 at this time:chaplin:

Gedee, you would be correct in your supposition, my friend.

• Funny 1

20 minutes ago, Parcbara said:

Gedee, you would be correct in your supposition, my friend.

With deperation setting in I'm willing to beg ... Whit aboot on a "game to game" basis (& You can also have the vacant position of Co-President) :wub:

12 minutes ago, Gedee said:

With deperation setting in I'm willing to beg ... Whit aboot on a "game to game" basis (& You can also have the vacant position of Co-President) :wub:

Sorry, got some silver  paper to chew.

• Funny 2

1 minute ago, Parcbara said:

Sorry, got some silver  paper to chew.

Oh weel, ye had yir chance freend. That once in a lifetime offer is now off the table.

I think somebody else must have read that offer. Eh can hear someone at meh door.

It's Mrs G, she forgot her key & purse. She want's tae ken if eh'm stealing her money:chaplin:

Who in that Arbroath team would be a starter every week in our team?

They are pish. Easily the worst team I've seen us play against in this league so far. 

We should not be shi**ing ourselves against the mighty Arbroath. Think it's time to call it quits at Dens if that's the case.

• Like 1

Have not been to the Arbroath Ground for a few years. Do you have to queue twice to get in, I am assuming that there will be a PATG option. Looking forward to a light but bracing breeze and a sparking display by the Dee where we end up winning convincingly.

18 hours ago, an-dee said:

I think a lot of what we lack in the middle of the park is athleticism. Dorrans is a great footballer, but is the wrong side of 30. Robertson has more energy, but is 17. It's hard for a boy that age to mix it with grown men in a physical battle. Byrne is about the most athletic player we have, so he has to play. Ness I think it completely finished, his body just won't do what he wants it too or he's maybe holding back a bit because he is worried about injuries. McGowan is another who isn't particularly athletic. In the Derby, Butcher bossed it because he was much quicker, stronger and more physical than any of our midfielders. Because of our lack of mobility and athleticism, we probably need the third body in there which means that our front man is often isolated. If we do play a two, Byrne and Dorrans are probably the best we have, but if we miss out the midfield and go more direct into the striker we're not going to get the best out of Dorrans. It's not as easy as some maybe believe I don't think. We've got a lot of good players but finding a system to get the best out of them is quite tough IMO. 

You could argue that if we play it longer and push the midfield up then dorrans can get the ball further up the pitch where he can do most damage. 

You can still play 2 up if you have the 2 wider players in midfield starting a bit narrower, or at least one of them. 

21 hours ago, an-dee said:

I think a lot of what we lack in the middle of the park is athleticism. Dorrans is a great footballer, but is the wrong side of 30. Robertson has more energy, but is 17. It's hard for a boy that age to mix it with grown men in a physical battle. Byrne is about the most athletic player we have, so he has to play. Ness I think it completely finished, his body just won't do what he wants it too or he's maybe holding back a bit because he is worried about injuries. McGowan is another who isn't particularly athletic. In the Derby, Butcher bossed it because he was much quicker, stronger and more physical than any of our midfielders. Because of our lack of mobility and athleticism, we probably need the third body in there which means that our front man is often isolated. If we do play a two, Byrne and Dorrans are probably the best we have, but if we miss out the midfield and go more direct into the striker we're not going to get the best out of Dorrans. It's not as easy as some maybe believe I don't think. We've got a lot of good players but finding a system to get the best out of them is quite tough IMO. 

So the manager has simply signed  a bunch of players in the hope of turning them into a team playing some sort of formation?. That's  how it looks so far.

Edited by Dondeh

Real buzz about the place tonight - John will be pleased as revenue up. Anybody hit the steel panther link yet - maybe @barkblue ?!

• Funny 1

36 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Real buzz about the place tonight - John will be pleased as revenue up. Anybody hit the steel panther link yet - maybe @barkblue ?!

Am I that predictable? 🤘

1 minute ago, barkblue said:

Am I that predictable? 🤘

You betcha !😂

Just now, DarkBlueKnight said:

You betcha !😂

Anyway forget steel panther - poison website count down to something tomorrow- world tour ?

5 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Anyway forget steel panther - poison website count down to something tomorrow- world tour ?

Haha! How true.

Yes indeed. I noticed that. If it is, then it's time to talk dirty to me! 😮😂

Just now, barkblue said:

Haha! How true.

Yes indeed. I noticed that. If it is, then it's time to talk dirty to me! 😮😂

I don’t need nothing but a good time mate 

Just now, DarkBlueKnight said:

I don’t need nothing but a good time mate 

I can see you doing the unskinny bop from here!

• Like 1

Just now, barkblue said:

I can see you doing the unskinny bop from here!

I will be Saturday night when we get three damn points on the board

1 minute ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

I will be Saturday night when we get three damn points on the board

Well, that would give me something to believe in!

OK, I'll stop now. 😂