The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Cobra

Arbroath V Dundee

Rate this topic

Arbroath v Dundee  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What are you expecting at Gayfield?

2. 2. Who should be starting?

The Dee visit Gayfield on league business this weekend for the first time since 1978 (when we wore this fantastic kit).

Image result for dundee fc 1978

Thoughts for the game?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Nelson and Johnson have a point to prove -i.e. that they should be getting more games- regardless of  anything, Hemmings is not getting the goals . This game should be the last chance saloon for J Mc P . IMO-  he should have been released before now, but a loss on Saturday surely would be the last straw.

Edited by expert

I'm planning my first trip to Gayfield. I imagine there's often a brutal wind coming in from the North Sea. Thankfully it's forecast to be 6°C so hopefully will be bearable.

Image result for gayfield

I can see the forum going into meltdown on Saturday night calling for McPakes head 

11 minutes ago, Wackyjim said:

I can see the forum going into meltdown on Saturday night calling for McPakes head 

Like every Saturday then.😉

11 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I'm planning my first trip to Gayfield. I imagine there's often a brutal wind coming in from the North Sea. Thankfully it's forecast to be 6°C so hopefully will be bearable.

Image result for gayfield

There's rarley not a brutal wind coming in from the North Sea.

• Like 2

Should be a game against a local side that we should all be looking forward to. Absolutely dreading it. Arbroath will certainly be up for the fight 

43 minutes ago, Wackyjim said:

Hopefully gone by then

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Aye, well, it's also forecast to be a relatively calm day....but there's definitely a 'local' climate on that exposed bit of the coastline.

Thursday & Friday weather is a bit wilder, hopefully it won't slip back a day or so....it's not uncommon for the occasional fish to be sent flying over that wee enclosure roof. They're never thrown back though 😉  

• Funny 1

Went for Draw, hoping for a win, wouldn’t surprise me if we got beat

The Red Lichties' last four home games...

Arbroath 1-0 Morton
Arbroath 2-1 Alloa
Arbroath 3-0 Inverness
Arbroath 3-0 Auchinleck

We're definitely in danger of losing this game. If we do get beat at Gayfield to see Arbroath leapfrog us into the top four I suspect it will feel like a historic low and lead to a major backlash.

• Like 1

After last Sat not going now. 

2 hours ago, Cobra said:

The Dee visit Gayfield on league business this weekend for the first time since 1978 (when we wore this fantastic kit).

Image result for dundee fc 1978

Thoughts for the game?

My first every Dundee  "I'm a full wanker" strip.... I do remember I wanted the goal keeper strip though!

Am looking forward to visiting Gàyfield and hope there will be a reaction from the recent shockers.  Johnson deserves to start but probably won't.  I'd put almost anyone on the left side rather than Mackie but I expect Mackie to be on from the start.  Leave Ness out as well.

The way that Arbroath are playing, this has nothing but a defeat written all over it and they will leapfrog us into 4th.

Sad times to be a Dee, rather that than an Arab wanker though!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, surreydee said:

Am looking forward to visiting Gàyfield and hope there will be a reaction from the recent shockers.  Johnson deserves to start but probably won't.  I'd put almost anyone on the left side rather than Mackie but I expect Mackie to be on from the start.  Leave Ness out as well.

I believe Ness has something to offer, as I don't believe it is the players who are the issue at the moment.

4 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I believe Ness has something to offer, as I don't believe it is the players who are the issue at the moment.

What do you believe to be the issue ?

48 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

it's not uncommon for the occasional fish to be sent flying over that wee enclosure roof. They're never thrown back though 😉  

Si Webster known for catching them, he'd never give anything back that he got for free 😉 😂

15 minutes ago, deerealist said:

What do you believe to be the issue ?

Tactics and confidence affecting the from the whole team right now.