Jump to content
The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
TheDarkBlues

This If True, Pisses Me Right Off!

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

 

Apparently we do not have a sell on clause for Glen Kamara....

WTF were Dundee thinking about not putting a sell on clause as part of the deal..... Even more reason to hate that shyster Arab McIntyre!

John Nelms, get this shit sorted man!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

 

Apparently we do not have a sell on clause for Glen Kamara....

WTF were Dundee thinking about not putting a sell on clause as part of the deal..... Even more reason to hate that shyster Arab McIntyre!

John Nelms, get this sh*t sorted man!!

He was available on a PCA, it was £50k, for a player McIntyre didn't want, or nothing. There was nothing in it for Rangers to agree to a clause as they knew they could get him for free in a few months. Very surprised that people thought that a clause might actually exist.

  • Like 4
  • Star Post 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh great!

Wallowing in Arsenal reserves, Dundee give the laddie a chance to kick-start a career that has stalled and we get absolutely f##k all other than a paltry £50k!! 🤬

Aaaaaaargh!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rangers stalled and stalled to ensure we got the worst possible deal. Those b*****ds do it every time.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

He was available on a PCA, it was £50k, for a player McIntyre didn't want, or nothing. There was nothing in it for Rangers to agree to a clause as they knew they could get him for free in a few months. Very surprised that people thought that a clause might actually exist.

Because I believe that we should be doing the best to get every penny from the likes of Rangers and Celtic, especially for a player like Kamara. We as a club are so short sighted at times.

  • Star Post 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to defend the club here, by all accounts Kamara didn’t want to play for us again, his attitude in training was questionable and basically forced through the move, it was either let him rot in reserves and pay his wages, or get a small compensation for him.

The club by all accounts hands were tied.

  • Like 3
  • Star Post 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr Sensible said:

Have to defend the club here, by all accounts Kamara didn’t want to play for us again, his attitude in training was questionable and basically forced through the move, it was either let him rot in reserves and pay his wages, or get a small compensation for him.

The club by all accounts hands were tied.

Suppose that's another way of looking at it. He would have walked for nothing in the summer. 

McCann can spot a player! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr Sensible said:

Have to defend the club here, by all accounts Kamara didn’t want to play for us again, his attitude in training was questionable and basically forced through the move, it was either let him rot in reserves and pay his wages, or get a small compensation for him.

The club by all accounts hands were tied.

Not what I heard. Kamara was injured for a good part of the start of the season, when he came back from injury he was put on the bench by McIntyre who told him he didn't want him. Kamara would have been more than happy to have stayed to the end of the season, but was basically forced out.

  • Like 3
  • Star Post 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dinnae normally watch highlights of DFC's past glories, because eh find the comparison with today's output too depressing.

However, this morning I did. And then came away this time, feeling uplifted, believing that we will definitely be back again :happyyes:

Then eh see the news on Kamara above (which I accept we all probably knew/expected) And as said it "Pisses Me Right Off"

Whit's going on wi oor CLUB !! Felt assured one thing Keyes & Nelms would bring to DFC was a a Business Professionalism.

Thanks, for continuing to fund our club. But take a grip of this present situation. If it reaches stage where we have to replace

JMP, spend time & money getting the BEST (Someone experienced, with proven past success)...& get the contracts/transfers

of players sorted out with some degree of professionalism. In fact is John Nelms still here? It seems we never hear of him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

Have to defend the club here, by all accounts Kamara didn’t want to play for us again, his attitude in training was questionable and basically forced through the move, it was either let him rot in reserves and pay his wages, or get a small compensation for him.

The club by all accounts hands were tied.

I don't think we can criticise the club. Throughout January those cretins at Ibrox said "we don't want or need your unsettled player until the summer when we'll happily sign him for free" and then just as the window was closing they said "actually here's a few quid". No doubt Kamara was directed to demand a move at the same time to ensure Rangers shafted us.

The whole thing was staged to f**k us over. We never had a chance to demand a clause.

It's quite pathetic that a club with their turnover behaves that way, plotting to avoid giving Scottish clubs a fair price for talent.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

He was available on a PCA, it was £50k, for a player McIntyre didn't want, or nothing. There was nothing in it for Rangers to agree to a clause as they knew they could get him for free in a few months. Very surprised that people thought that a clause might actually exist.

Rangers wanted him in January. He was currently our player so we had every right to ask for a sell on clause as we had every right to ask for money

If we are selling a player to a bigger team then we should be putting on a clause every single time. It costs us nothing

I seriously questioned his commitment when the Rangers interest came in however he was still a quality player. Sell on clauses etc have nothing to do with the manager not wanting him either. On that logic why did we not just release him on a free

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cobra said:

I don't think we can criticise the club. Throughout January those cretins at Ibrox said "we don't want or need your unsettled player until the summer when we'll happily sign him for free" and then just as the window was closing they said "actually here's a few quid". No doubt Kamara was directed to demand a move at the same time to ensure Rangers shafted us.

The whole thing was staged to f**k us over. We never had a chance to demand a clause.

It's quite pathetic that a club with their turnover behaves that way, plotting to avoid giving Scottish clubs a fair price for talent.

Rangers didn't want or need a player until January but still paid £50k for him to get him in January. You honestly think they would have said no thanks we will wait if we said a small transfer fee plus 10% of future sale?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thepole said:

Rangers didn't want or need a player until January but still paid £50k for him to get him in January. You honestly think they would have said no thanks we will wait if we said a small transfer fee plus 10% of future sale?

By offering us a take-it-or-leave-it £50k hours before the window closed they knew we were going to bite their hand off without demanding a penny more or asking for a future % cut.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Not what I heard. Kamara was injured for a good part of the start of the season, when he came back from injury he was put on the bench by McIntyre who told him he didn't want him. Kamara would have been more than happy to have stayed to the end of the season, but was basically forced out.

There may be something in what was said in Mr S. & Blueboy posts, but the scenario as suggested above by John, is more in line with my own thinking.

Either way, I do agree with John ... "We as a Club, are so short-sighted at times"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Because I believe that we should be doing the best to get every penny from the likes of Rangers and Celtic, especially for a player like Kamara. We as a club are so short sighted at times.

There was no danger that Rangers were agreeing to a sell on. We had a player on our books who the manager didn't want and who many thought had downed tools. All Rangers had to do was announce a PCA and we were Fooked. McIntyre wanted to do a rebuilding job and it was £50k towards that or an unhappy player sitting twiddling his thumbs. Not saying it's right but I just don't see what's in it for Rangers to agree to something beyond the end of his contract when they could get him for free.

  • Like 2
  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cobra said:

By offering us a take-it-or-leave-it £50k hours before the window closed they knew we were going to bite their hand off without demanding a penny more or asking for a future % cut.

Why would we do that? £50k? Not life changing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Why would we do that? £50k? Not life changing

It's a decent chunk of cash when the alternative is having an unsettled, well-paid player staying just to leave in the summer for free.

It wasn't as if McIntyre embraced Kamara's talent and wanted him to be a key part of the team. JM made it clear he wanted him out so the club really had to try and offload him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The other question going through my mind ...Did Kamara's form fall away, because of McIntrye's disinterest in what he as a player could offer, or was it the lack of skill/form/ ability to "fit-in" (as McIntrye saw it) that motivated the "cheap transfer"

This goes back to my previous point in post above ...A Top Football Manager, whatever the cost.  is worth his weight in gold...

I can just hear Nelms to Mcintyre..."Should we take the £50k Rangers are offering? Absolutely John, he' ll never make the grade"

  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, thepole said:

Rangers wanted him in January. He was currently our player so we had every right to ask for a sell on clause as we had every right to ask for money

We had every right to ask for a clause but Rangers had every right to say no. I don't believe for one minute that they'd have agreed to anything more than the bare minimum. I'm sure we didn't jump at the first offer but the ball was very much in Rangers and the players court. We didn't release him on a free because that would be stupid when the interested club were offering cash.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Reverend Lovejoy said:

ball was very much in Rangers and the players court.

Kamara had six months left of his contract at Dundee and was worth a lot more than 50k. McIntrye wanted him out so he could bring in his own players, to me McIntrye put the ball in Rangers half of the court.

If Kamara had been a United player, you can rest assured he would have had a sell on clause. Unlike us, United know how to deal with the likes or Rangers and Celtic better when it comes to financial matters.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.