Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

This If True, Pisses Me Right Off!

TheDarkBlues

1 minute ago, Dee Forever said:

He was leaving us for nothing otherwise, do people not realise this. Power was with player / rangers. Pointless worrying about it, at least we got something. 

The point is Rangers signed him while he was a contracted Dundee player. They wanted him in January so we had every right to hold off for a sell on clause. He was our player regardless of him leaving in the summer. As soon as Rangers showed interest in getting him early then that is when we should have stood firm for 10%. It seems common practice for most transfers these days to include a sell on so it is not like we are asking for the world. We even got stung for a hefty sell on when we signed Jack Hendry for nothing as they realised he had potential and were willing to risk a small fee for the bigger picture. The fact we were selling to a bigger club who will be winning most weeks and playing in Europe should have told us that the shop window would be much bigger for Kamara and we should have held firm for a clause. Whether we think Kamara should have left when he did or wanted to go is irrelevant.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 3

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Just now, thepole said:

The point is Rangers signed him while he was a contracted Dundee player. They wanted him in January so we had every right to hold off for a sell on clause. He was our player regardless of him leaving in the summer. As soon as Rangers showed interest in getting him early then that is when we should have stood firm for 10%. It seems common practice for most transfers these days to include a sell on so it is not like we are asking for the world. We even got stung for a hefty sell on when we signed Jack Hendry for nothing as they realised he had potential and were willing to risk a small fee for the bigger picture. The fact we were selling to a bigger club who will be winning most weeks and playing in Europe should have told us that the shop window would be much bigger for Kamara and we should have held firm for a clause. Whether we think Kamara should have left when he did or wanted to go is irrelevant.

This!

14 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Kamara had six months left of his contract at Dundee and was worth a lot more than 50k.

This is rewriting history.

He was dropped from the worst top flight Dundee team in history because when he did play that season, he was more often than not giving half arsed performances where he couldn't even be bothered breaking in to a jog to try and win the ball back off players who waltzed past him to score goals that lead to defeat after defeat after defeat.

Not sure how you can say a player who was sitting on the bench for the worst Dundee top flight in history because of his poor performances that season where he got plenty of chances under 2 different managers was worth a lot more than 50k with 6 months of his contract left to run and Rangers had him for free once that 6 months was up.

4 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

For the player it was a good move, but I don't like the way we again were so unprofessional with the whole matter. We handled it like a couple of 5 years old playing swap toy cars and we got the shitty car with all its wheels missing.

But the bottom line is that Rangers didn’t need him in January, they were quite prepared to get him for free in the summer, they threw in a cheeky 50k bid in the hope we bit (which we did)

We could have called there bluff and insisted on a sell on or he was going nowhere...

If you don’t ask you don’t get I suppose is the lesson learned...

But it’s quite possible that Rangers offer was a take it or leave it and they were interested in sell on clauses.

Just now, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

He was dropped from the worst top flight Dundee team in history because when he did play that season, he was more often than not giving half arsed performances where he couldn't even be bothered breaking in to a jog to try and win the ball back off players who waltzed past him to score goals that lead to defeat after defeat after defeat.

Not sure how you can say a player who was sitting on the bench for the worst Dundee top flight in history because of his poor performances that season where he got plenty of chances under 2 different managers was worth a lot more than 50k with 6 months of his contract left to run and Rangers had him for free once that 6 months was up.

I think that you're the one rewriting history, as that is not how I saw it.

Just now, Mr Sensible said:

But the bottom line is that Rangers didn’t need him in January, they were quite prepared to get him for free in the summer, they threw in a cheeky 50k bid in the hope we bit (which we did)

We could have called there bluff and insisted on a sell on or he was going nowhere...

If you don’t ask you don’t get I suppose is the lesson learned...

But it’s quite possible that Rangers offer was a take it or leave it and they were interested in sell on clauses.

Over the years we have been seen as a soft touch when it comes to selling our players, and Rangers know this and they probably played to it. How many times have they come in and unsettled one of our players and were gone on the cheap?

You just have to look at Ayr United not selling Shankland (who only had 6 months of his contract left) until they got the price they wanted, and were prepared to let him go for nothing. We weren't prepared to spend an extra £50k for him but we will let a far better player go for that price.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

17 minutes ago, Dee Forever said:

He was leaving us for nothing otherwise, do people not realise this. Power was with player / rangers. Pointless worrying about it, at least we got something. 

Hello Dee' ... I don't  think anyone is over-worrying about the situation, which I accept is now in the past.

But if there were any "mistakes" made in the process we should learn by this ... I'm still "pissed off" mind ;)

20 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

For the player it was a good move, but I don't like the way we again were so unprofessional with the whole matter. We handled it like a couple of 5 years old playing swap toy cars and we got the shitty car with all its wheels missing.

I'm still right behind you on this one John :explode:

And that issue aboot the car wi nae wheels, how did ye ken that happened tae me when eh wis a bairn ... (It wisnae yir faither, wis it?) :tears:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Over the years we have been seen as a soft touch when it comes to selling our players, and Rangers know this and they probably played to it. How many times have they come in and unsettled one of our players and were gone on the cheap?

You just have to look at Ayr United not selling Shankland (who only had 6 months of his contract left) until they got the price they wanted, and were prepared to let him go for nothing. We weren't prepared to spend an extra £50k for him but we will let a far better player go for that price.

But again I come back to my original point that Rangers didn’t need him at that time, they probably can’t believe how good a player he has turned out...

What Dundee needed at that time were other clubs (preferably in England) showing an interest, unfortunately it seems his heart was set on going to Ibrox with the Gerrard factor probably playing a part in this.

Edited by Mr Sensible

18 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

But again I come back to my original point that Rangers didn’t need him at that time, they probably can’t believe how good a player he has turned out...

What Dundee needed at that time were other clubs (preferably in England) showing an interest, unfortunately it seems his heart was set on going to Ibrox with the Gerrard factor probably playing a part in this.

Maybe they didn't need him but they certainly wanted him. 

37 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

I questioned his whole attitude at the time I agree but anyone could see that if he was playing regularly for a winning side with better players he had bags of potential. For that reason alone we should have held out for a sell on imo. 

2 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Apparently we do not have a sell on clause for Glen Kamara....

WTF were Dundee thinking about not putting a sell on clause as part of the deal..... Even more reason to hate that shyster Arab McIntyre!

John Nelms, get this sh*t sorted man!!

I wouldn't believe a word that scummy paper says . total trash !!

Id be very surprised if any deal didn't include a decent sell on clause but if that is what's happened then that is complete incompetence by whoever sanctioned it ! 

Kamara was a touch of class, even when not at h9is best in fact even on his very worst day he was 100 times better in every department from the garbage JMc played ahead of him . 

• Star Post 1

Adblock Detected