Jump to content

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Arbroath Ticket Information


TheDarkBlues

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Club have confirmed yesterday and again today there will be no cash gate.

So if i decide to go tomorrow,  Arbroath wont take my money on the day and I would need to make a trip to Dens to attend a match at a more than half empty stadium in Arbroath which I might not have time to do as I have a life away from Scottish Championship mid table football.

Heard yesterday we'd sold 800 so far so still on course for a crowd of around 2000 or slightly more in a 6600 capacity ground.

Madness in Scottish football.

 

I’m still holding out hope there will be a cash gate....

Say your an Arbroath fan and wake up on Saturday morning and circumstances have changed where you can now go to the game, you then roll up to Gayfield to be told that no tickets are for sale....despite them have over 2000 available for there own end.

Arbroath have cash gates every weekend, why not for tomorrow, absolutely baffling.

only in Scotland 

Edited by Mr Sensible
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
42 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Club have confirmed yesterday and again today there will be no cash gate.

So if i decide to go tomorrow,  Arbroath wont take my money on the day and I would need to make a trip to Dens to attend a match at a more than half empty stadium in Arbroath which I might not have time to do as I have a life away from Scottish Championship mid table football.

Heard yesterday we'd sold 800 so far so still on course for a crowd of around 2000 or slightly more in a 6600 capacity ground.

Madness in Scottish football.

 

I live right on the Arbroath road less than 10 minutes drive from Arbroath. I'm not planning on going tomorrow but that could've changed if I could just jump in the car and PATG. If my circumstances changed tomorrow and I was free I'd have to drive to Dens when I'm practically on Arbroath's doorstep. Makes absolutely no sense and probably means I'll give it a miss.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

I’m still holding out hope there will be a cash gate....

Say your an Arbroath fan and wake up on Saturday morning and circumstances have changed where you can now go to the game, you then roll up to Gayfield to be told that no tickets are for sale....despite them have over 2000 available...

only in Scotland 

You could be a Dundee fan living in Arbroath but can't gain entry unless you travel to Dens beforehand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

You could be a Dundee fan living in Arbroath but can't gain entry unless you travel to Dens beforehand.

Mate your preaching to the converted on tickets...

Its an absolute farce that this match is all ticket.

I only made the Arbroath argument, as they have no way of getting a ticket at all on Saturday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mr Sensible said:

Mate your preaching to the converted on tickets...

Its an absolute farce that this match is all ticket.

I only made the Arbroath argument, as they have no way of getting a ticket at all on Saturday.

I'm kinda thinking through that it's easier to get a ticket being an Arbroath fan living in Arbroath than being a Dundee fan living in Arbroath. I wasn't preaching by the way just giving an example of how stupid the decision is. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This all ticket thing is absolute lunacy and the biggest off put for all football supporters. I live over 50 miles from Dens and its a real pain having to get tickets for games when everyone knows that the stadiums are going to be half full at best. Livingston and Hamilton an eg last season where their average attendance is probably under 2000. I can understand the derbies and perhaps the old firm (sometimes) but honestly its driving fans away and no club can afford to do that.  Then we will have a TV Saturday Scottish Cup tie v Motherwell at the non nonsensical time of 7.20pm which you can bet will be all ticket as well with the likelihood of perhaps  our lowest crowd of the season.   Political correctness or Health and Safety which ever. The world has gone mad. I honestly can recall the days that if Dundee for whatever reason weren't playing I could decide to pick a game and just turn up at games and pay to get in. These were the days when  crowds, with the exception of the old firm perhaps, were treble in most instances to what clubs are getting today. There wasn't even seated stadia and I cannot remember many if any crowd problems. Ibrox and Hillborough disasters  aside, particularly with the crowds most teams in Scotland get, all ticket games generally are imo completely unnecessary.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I'm kinda thinking through that it's easier to get a ticket being an Arbroath fan living in Arbroath than being a Dundee fan living in Arbroath. I wasn't preaching by the way just giving an example of how stupid the decision is. 

Apologies, it didn’t mean to come out that way, just that I’ve been banging on for years about the absurdity of ticket policies up and down the country....

But this tops the lot.

Edited by Mr Sensible
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Cobra said:

According to Arbroath's website: "We operate cash only operated turnstiles. You do not need to buy a ticket in advance."

All-ticket for the away end but PATG for the home end it seems.

Not for this game...

They tweeted earlier that today was the last chance to gain entry to tomorrow’s game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, petercaproni said:

Ibrox and Hillborough disasters  aside

Fairly significant asides to be fair; and I think Hillsborough was an all ticket match.

Have to agree with all you and others are saying though. Absolute nonsense having a game between two mid Championship table teams, where if the crowd is over 2,500 we'll all be surprised and at a ground that holds circa 6,000 comfortably all ticket.

The game's being slowly throttled by these nonsensical decisions.

Edited by Prince Buster
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Prince Buster said:

Fairly significant asides to be fair; and I think Hillsborough was an all ticket match.

Have to agree with all you and others are saying though. Absolute nonsense having a game between two mid Championship table teams, where if the crowd is over 2,500 we'll all be surprised and at a ground that holds circa 6,000 comfortably all ticket.

The games being slowly throttled by these nonsensical decisions.

They insisted on an fully crewed ambulance aswel...

The criteria for that is a 5,000 crowd.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All it takes is one jobsworth to make a ludicrous decision that inconveniences hundreds if not thousands of fans.

If Arbroath v Dundee has to be all-ticket surely every game in the country has to be all-ticket.

Has the idiot responsible for this offered an explanation for the lunacy or are we supposed to try and guess what nonsense is in his head?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...