Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Arbroath Ticket Information

TheDarkBlues

Prince Buster-I know what you are saying re "pretty significant asides" but as you say Hillsborough was all ticket and Ibrox was to be fair not something that an all ticket situation would have prevented. But you are right the game is being throttled by those, as you correctly describe,nonsensical decisions.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
3 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Who insisted on that?

No idea, must have been requested from Arbroath FC.

Also get the suspicion we will see a large police presence tomorrow...

If we were top of league and playing well, I could understand all the precautions...

Edited by Mr Sensible

Even just four or five weeks ago, it was entirely possible that we could have taken upwards of 3,000 to this match. Arbroath could also have roused 1,500, or 2,000. The police make these decisions as early as possible to allow for planning. Sometimes, and probably too often for all of us, Dundee go and muck things up by going on an unexpected (?)  sh*t run for a few weeks beforehand that brings our travelling support down to around 1,000. I don't think you can blame the Police for the situation. I would rather they erred on the side of caution with these things. What goes for Dundee at Arbroath also goes for derbies and games against the ugly sisters.

The real question is why on earth in 2019 do we still have to turn up in person to purchase a ticket for a long-planned-for sporting event that will not be oversold? Weren't we supposed to be rid of all that paper ticket crap in the 1990s?

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

You could be a Dundee fan living in Arbroath but can't gain entry unless you travel to Dens beforehand.

ie me! I live within a 5 minute walk of gayfield and was planning on taking the young lads. Unbelievable that one I would have to go to Dundee to get a ticket and 2 (not fussed where I sit/stand) I still won’t be able to patg tomorrow. Games f**ked

3 minutes ago, dblair said:

ie me! I live within a 5 minute walk of gayfield and was planning on taking the young lads. Unbelievable that one I would have to go to Dundee to get a ticket and 2 (not fussed where I sit/stand) I still won’t be able to patg tomorrow. Games f**ked

If you live in Arbroath should you not be an Arab? Or do they stop at Carnoustie? Should I be suspicious of you?

Edited by Prince Buster

12 minutes ago, dblair said:

Thinking about it though there's no segregation so technically you can purchase tickets for the Arbroath end if that's any help?. Just came to me there.

23 minutes ago, andrak said:

Even just four or five weeks ago, it was entirely possible that we could have taken upwards of 3,000 to this match. Arbroath could also have roused 1,500, or 2,000. The police make these decisions as early as possible to allow for planning. Sometimes, and probably too often for all of us, Dundee go and muck things up by going on an unexpected (?)  sh*t run for a few weeks beforehand that brings our travelling support down to around 1,000. I don't think you can blame the Police for the situation. I would rather they erred on the side of caution with these things. What goes for Dundee at Arbroath also goes for derbies and games against the ugly sisters.

The real question is why on earth in 2019 do we still have to turn up in person to purchase a ticket for a long-planned-for sporting event that will not be oversold? Weren't we supposed to be rid of all that paper ticket crap in the 1990s?

But that doesn’t get away from the issue that there are no cash gates tomorrow, which is my biggest gripe.

2 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Thinking about it though there's no segregation so technically you can purchase tickets for the Arbroath end if that's any help?. Just came to me there.

That’s my plan if I can get down for them today. Heard that there is segregation hence the all ticket malarkey 

Adblock Detected